Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 74

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day 13: Unlucky For Some - SCUM B TEAM WIN  (Read 101424 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day One - Pixie Peril!
« Reply #420 on: February 27, 2015, 09:39:22 pm »

are you a philanthropist?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 27, 2015, 09:41:55 pm »

No, Also I dont thing my current method of distribution will fulfil the  philanthropist goal anyway.
Also I can mostly do it once a day .... I might need to think of a way to do it more ....
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 27, 2015, 09:46:01 pm »

The way I see it, TDS looked scummy to me because of his lack of scumhuning up to the point when he attacked me. After which he started showing more initiative. His frequent misinterpretation of posts, along with his actions at the beginning of the game kept my vote on him. As he explained, his vote on me was RVS related. I don't believe him, but it is a possibility. If that were the case, he could just be a townie who just sounded a bit more obtuse then he meant.

Peradon, on the other hand, seemed fine by me during his argument with 4mask. I didn't see him being guilty with his business with shakerag, but his sudden guilt tactics when he decided look like he was giving up can in no way benefit the town. Either he was scum trying to get out of a vote with a guilt-trip, or he was a townie who really had given up. In my mind, peradon's guilt trip could not benefit the town in any way, while I could have possibly been mistaken on TDS.

I think the fact that Peradon had basically went from being home into D2 a few hours before the deadline to the lynch guy, and that this is his second game, it's understandable that he would feel a bit down from it all. He wouldn't really know how to defend himself over the course of a few hours, and even if he did manage that, there's no guarantee that anyone would vote for someone else to not have him lynched given how little time there was before the deadline.

I'd be upset in that situation too, but he snapped out of it after your vote, but you left it on him. It doesn't matter anyway, since 4mask buggered off to class and they couldn't have the showdown Perry wanted, needed to defend himself.

Even if you do consider it scummy, I think the other players in the game are experienced enough to not be swayed by an emotional plea. The AtE may have been anti-town, but there is no way I can see that as being scummy enough to vote for him. As 4mask said, that pretty much guaranteed his lynch.

Vote Origami
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: February 27, 2015, 09:59:13 pm »

I agree with Shakerag's quote here:
If he wants to join the big boy/girl games, we're going to treat him like a big boy/girl.  Kid gloves are for the beginner's mafia games.
This is only my 3rd full game and I certainly don't want to be held by the hand and given second chances for my mistakes, I'd rather fail and learn from my mistakes. During the troll begginners mafia game, what I was trying didn't work, so I learned and have adapted my strategy in this game. Just because Peradon snapped out of his attitude, it doesn't mean he never had that attitude. If I just said "I am scum," but then said, "Nevermind, I'm not scum," It doesn't change the fact that I said it. I would still end up getting lynched. I would have to face the consequences of my actions, but afterward, I would learn not to do that again.

Hector,Why didn't you vote?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day Two - The-Times-They-Are-A-Changeling
« Reply #424 on: February 27, 2015, 10:15:21 pm »

Ah much better.  All flaws gone.  Feels so much nicer.

And in the spirit of sharing what little I know, I can tell you that as of 2-21-15 at 6:27 PST, the person in the red mask had 0xp floating around.  Which means about jackshit, but what have you.  Scan is a pretty worthless power, but I didn't take it because of any delusions of effectiveness.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: February 27, 2015, 10:18:14 pm »

Basically, all that my scan result tells us is that it doesn't rule out Red as being an NPC, because barring unusual circumstances they wouldn't have received any points by that time.

BTW, NQT, do NPC receive EXP for surviving the day?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day One - The Rain Falls Mainly On The Plain
« Reply #426 on: February 27, 2015, 10:43:13 pm »

"What was that?!" shouted one of the monks.

"What are you talking about?" replied another, very much aware that nobody could see the grin stretched under their mask...

"You don't know?"

"Know what?" (snigger)

Votes
4maskwolf
Shakerag
Varee
origamiscienceguy - [1] - Hector13
Flabort
Hector13
Tiruin
TheDarkStar
Deus Asmoth
Persus13

Mask colours: Red, Green, Bronze, White, Gold, Silver, Blue, Orange, Brown, Purple, Turquoise, Yellow, Black, Violet

Dead Masks
Spoiler: Cream (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pink (click to show/hide)

The day ends 12AM GMT on the 5th, or on a hammer of 6 votes. The kill action won't come into effect until Tuesday 12AM.

BTW, NQT, do NPC receive EXP for surviving the day?
Yes.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 27, 2015, 11:59:23 pm »

Woo, what a day. Long work day, night staff didn't show so I stayed late to help close early, followed by a family get-together that meant I didn't have time to post; thread was locked in the brief few minutes I was home.

So first things first, can anyone find a post by TDS more recent than This one? It would seem to me that in the 24 hours after he asked those questions, he just clammed up and the vote swung from him to Peradon. I mean, 24 hours isn't very long when the day lasts a week, but isn't it weird that when he's active people accuse him of lurking, and then when he lurks everyone just shuts up about it and lynches someone else? Actually, that's not all that suspicious, it's more telling of the people who moved their votes. Unvote, Vote OSG, because honestly I don't believe that you weren't trying to wagon when changing your vote. It came after 4mask voted, which actually changed who was going to be lynched; you moving your vote did very little except for making it look like you really wanted Peradon dead, and perhaps you had been voting TDS to bus him, or maybe because he's not part of your team and you just wanted a towny dead. Either way, you didn't want Peradon slipping away so when TDS was no longer the wagon of choice you leaped onto the Peradon wagon; if I were in your situation, I wouldn't have moved my vote.
-snip-
Hey, what's up, Shakerag?
I notice you're bugging someone about a missed question here... but you just missed one of mine.
So, tell me, how is tunneling supposed to catch scum and be town-sided? Don't be vague about it either.

flabort: I'm... actually not sure what he's been up to recently, I'll have to check on that.  I kinda did tunnel in on TDS and Peradon, in retrospect.  Neutral read.
Mostly arguing (via pfp) with TDS and Shakerag as to whether tunneling is considered scummy or not. Which you just admitted to doing, 4mask.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 28, 2015, 12:01:23 am »

I agree with Shakerag's quote here:
If he wants to join the big boy/girl games, we're going to treat him like a big boy/girl.  Kid gloves are for the beginner's mafia games.
This is only my 3rd full game and I certainly don't want to be held by the hand and given second chances for my mistakes, I'd rather fail and learn from my mistakes. During the troll begginners mafia game, what I was trying didn't work, so I learned and have adapted my strategy in this game. Just because Peradon snapped out of his attitude, it doesn't mean he never had that attitude. If I just said "I am scum," but then said, "Nevermind, I'm not scum," It doesn't change the fact that I said it. I would still end up getting lynched. I would have to face the consequences of my actions, but afterward, I would learn not to do that again.

Hector,Why didn't you vote?

I was Cursed with a Guilty Conscience, and wasn't comfortable voting on D1 with that given the statistics involved (more likely to be voting a townie) but it has been corrected. After Varee's gift and the xp for the day, I was able to buy it off, so don't have that problem now.

Also, agreeing with Shakerag addresses exactly nothing of what I said. What I don't understand is how you can say TDS might not be scum, despite his play thus far. You claim in your post that the only thing that bothered you about TDS was his vote, which may have been RVS related, and then seemed to imply that the rest of his play was scummy. Why is his days of misinterpreting everyone less scummy than a new player's reflexive AtE?

Don't give me that nonsense about learning from your mistakes either. Perry changed his behaviour the moment you brought it up, so he was ready and willing to play the big boy/girl game, but because you and 4mask changed your vote at the last minute, he wasn't given the opportunity to defend himself. If 4mask is scum, he at least put some effort into making his vote look organic, so I'm willing to overlook him for the time being, but you just couldn't wait to seal the deal. You're either bad scum, 3rd party or selfish town, none of which is good for the town at large.

You have a shit-ton of work to do to make me town read you, Origami.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 28, 2015, 09:08:32 am »

So first things first, can anyone find a post by TDS more recent than This one? It would seem to me that in the 24 hours after he asked those questions, he just clammed up and the vote swung from him to Peradon. I mean, 24 hours isn't very long when the day lasts a week, but isn't it weird that when he's active people accuse him of lurking, and then when he lurks everyone just shuts up about it and lynches someone else? Actually, that's not all that suspicious, it's more telling of the people who moved their votes. Unvote, Vote OSG, because honestly I don't believe that you weren't trying to wagon when changing your vote.
flabort, what's up with this pantomime? Did you change your opinion on who you should be voting for in the middle of making your post?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 28, 2015, 09:24:07 am »

*Tiruin looks at title...then at PMs.
...Austere is fun.
But wow all that Changeling and Copycat stuff ._.

SO! PFP as I'm still unable to post during the weekend--just noting in advance if anyone is curious.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 28, 2015, 11:06:13 am »

Also, agreeing with Shakerag addresses exactly nothing of what I said. What I don't understand is how you can say TDS might not be scum, despite his play thus far. You claim in your post that the only thing that bothered you about TDS was his vote, which may have been RVS related, and then seemed to imply that the rest of his play was scummy. Why is his days of misinterpreting everyone less scummy than a new player's reflexive AtE?
I still think that TDS is scum. I just thought, from a strategic standpoint, that Peradon was more scummy then TDS at that moment. While I could have been wrong about TDS and he was still in RVS (I still don't believe him, but it was a possibility) Peradon's act of giving up and guilt-tripping could in no way be town-oriented. Yes, he did change after I called him out on it, but that dosn't change the fact that he still did the action.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 28, 2015, 11:39:44 am »

OGS, so you changed your top scum read based off two sentences that you decided to read as guilt tripping? Also, this:
Origami, that:
Anyway, I'll reveal my powers and such if there is no chance that I get saved. For now, my fate is in your hands.
This looks like guilt-tripping to me. You are basically saying "if I get lynched, it's your fault"
seemed like a pretty big stretch for a guilt trip read. Was there anything else that made you thing Peradon was scum or did you decide to vote for him based off two sentences?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 28, 2015, 11:41:05 am »

As I've said before, the whole part about giving up also affected my decision.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: February 28, 2015, 11:43:11 am »

Okay, so, I'll get back to you all in a bit, but my iPad is being a pain in my ass and not connecting to the wifi and I don't have access to a computer, and I'm reluctant to try and post from my iPod. I can do it, but it'll take forever and be annoying as hell.

TheDarkStar, I'll explain why in a bit.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 74