Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 74

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day 13: Unlucky For Some - SCUM B TEAM WIN  (Read 99697 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day One - Pixie Peril!
« Reply #480 on: March 01, 2015, 02:59:05 pm »

Does it bother anyone how few lynch candidates there are?

OSG:
Ok, so I know unless some of the lurkers come out of the woodworks to vote for TDS, I'm going to get lynched. So, I'm going to go ahead and post my reads for analysis when I flip town:

This as well. "when I flip town" is another instance where he is guilt-tripping us. Or that is how I saw it. And he is also giving up in this sentence which i find anti-town.
Giving up is not scummy or a mistake, as you seem to imply elsewhere, its a natural human reaction to trying to deal with a situation they view as impossible. Secondly, how is he giving up in this? If Peradon was town, (I know he was, but you believed him to be scum) how would he have behaved differently?

4mask:
I much as I think origamiscienceguy is scum, the fact that TDS conveniently disappeared for 24 hours before the lynch and let Peradon get lynched has been bugging me a LOT.
Have you asked him to explain this?

Persus13: How many bops do I need to give you to get you to actually play?  Also, please explain why your vote was on flabort at day end.
None, although if you could do my homework and take care of my RL that would be nice. I also started this post at 1:50 PM EST, so mafia takes an hour to post most of the time. I voted flabort because it looked like he had missed a question I had asked him or was deliberately ignoring part of my giant post addressed to him. It stayed on him because I thought I had time to make another post before day end when I didn't. If I had been able to post I probably would have switched to Peradon, because some things early on D1 seemed scummy even though they were mainly newb type stuff.

TDS: Why were you not around for the end of Day 1?

Deus Asmoth:
... since my vote is my ONLY weapon in this game and I just used it poorly...
I think this is the source of at least some of my unease. Why say this when you can easily get a weapon other than your vote, or was your intention to imply that you hadn't done exactly that?
Don't rely on the power game, it can easily distract you from that scumhunting that is the main focus of the game still. 4mask almost won last game by doing town's scumhunting with flabort and town's over reliance on powers to kill townies (and a few mafia). While a sudden kill from TolyK saved the day, it could have backfired badly if it wasn't based on scumhunting. Besides kill is basically the only real weapon in the power arsenal.

[
DA: explain to me how our day one lynch helped town?
We know that Pera was town and can examine the cases put against him, which I am trying to do with Origami. Note the difference between that and DS's death, which gave no information to work with.
The wincon is just a side effect. Town is not limited to lynching as we have seen vigilante exists.
We've seen one kill, which was more than likely done by the scum. Is your plan for the game to refuse to vote and hope that we have enough vigilantes to out kill the scum?
How would mafia gain advantage if I refuse to lynch a town?
Unless you know who's mafia and who isn't, this is a stupid question. If you do know who's scum and who isn't, this is a stupid question because you're admitting to being scum. Varee.
Varee has always advocated for No lynch, so its not to surprising this time.

Flabort:
So, tell me, how is tunneling supposed to catch scum and be town-sided? Don't be vague about it either.
Shakerag already answered this, so I think its safe for me to answer too.

Tunneling is something that if the tunnel is directed towards scum, can be very useful. Otherwise it is either something scummy or just misguided. I caught my first scum because they were tunneling majorly and viewed their target as scummy over some ridiculous stuff. However, some people's playstyles are based on tunneling people intensely (ToonyMan's Toony tunnel, and mastahcheese), so it really depnds on who is doing it and how valid you think their target is. I don't view it as inherently scummy, but it can be is basically what I'm trying to say here.

Varee: At this point you are at best a doctor or Philanthropist, because there is no-way anyone is believing that you are town. At worst, you are a scum who's buddy is a networker and you've been swapping powers via changeling to farm points or whatever. The day 1 changeling gave you enough points to buy free- or prolific or something to use cleanse and copycat.
If, in the case you're a doctor, there are 12 players and you need 6 alive at day 4, or at game-end. There are two dead already, both town. If there are 4 anti-town players out there, then you need them and only them to die to end the game and still win; or, 3 or less deaths by day 4. We've already seen that at least one player possessed a kill, so it's unlikely for you to complete that goal. If one more town dies, then your only hope is to protect, protect, protect until day 4.
If, in the case you're a philanthropist, which you deny, then if you haven't completed your goal so far then you have to find some other strategy; this is your best hope for being town-aligned in our eyes.
That leaves 4 very antitown 3rd-party possibilities, with the thief being potentially the least antitown of those, and the possibility that you're scum. Counting the doctor case as half-town aligned, and the denial of being a philanthropist as the same, then you have a 1/7 chance of not being detrimental to everyone (6 third party+scum=7 possibilities). I'd take those odds,
Do you remember the last BYOR where Varee just advocated No Lynch and offered to build houses for people? And Varee turned out town?

Varee:
DA: explain to me how our day one lynch helped town? The wincon is just a side effect. Town is not limited to lynching as we have seen vigilante exists. How would mafia gain advantage if I refuse to lynch a town?
We learned Peradon was town. We learned that OSG lynched him for dumb reasons. The last time town started vigging people, they all were fooled by scum. Everyone votes for a lynch, only one man vigs, so we get more information from a lynch than one man's kill. Lynching gives us information, more information than any other way, so that early on the alignment of people doesn't matter as much. THis is why we tnd to only do No-Lynch on MYLO.

hector13:
Persus: seemed to be chainsaw defending TDS here. Given my scum-read on TDS, 's bad. This is like... closer to null than scum, but the very slight scum-lean places them here.
That was a mix of trying to understand Flabort's attack and some defending of TDS. So yes, you could say I was chainsaw defending TDS here.

Tiruin This is the second (possibly third) game in a row where you have no content day 1. KYOSN you were Mafia, and in Paranormal your lack of contact helped ensure a town loss. Replace out or actually play.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day Two - The-Times-They-Are-A-Changeling
« Reply #481 on: March 01, 2015, 02:59:16 pm »

Been asleep or at church for awhile and just got caught up:

4mask: Thank you for summarizing hector13 argument with me. That cleared things up alot. I admit that I didn't think about peradon just having a mental reaction to the pressure on him mostly because I would not react in that way. I thought that it was a conscious action that he was taking, this feeling was strengthened by his guilt tactics in the same post. even now, I recognize that it could have possibly been a mental reaction, but even after I voted him and his death was basically sealed, he began to fight more then before I voted for him. Which is counter intuitive to him having a mental reaction. So I still think that my vote was justified.

TheDarkStar Your most recent posts have gone back to just being neutral posts giving walls of facts without any analysis on your part. I don't think that the misinterpretation is as big of a deal is hector13 is making it out to be, because that is alot of information to put on one post, but, your complete lack of analysis, just genral "town due to scumhunting" "null due to lack of posts" and your only scum read being...persus? I just find this to be lackluster and lazy. You have had several days of information and this is not a big enough result.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: March 01, 2015, 03:36:26 pm »

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: March 01, 2015, 03:44:27 pm »

Yes. I meant emotional reaction. Thanks for pointing that out. Why was that in a spoiler?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: March 01, 2015, 03:48:35 pm »

Because I don't think that part is important anymore. I don't agree that your vote was justified, whatever you say, but arguing about it isn't adding anything to the game. I just feel the need to tell you, and that need is going to eat away at me if I don't express it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: March 01, 2015, 03:53:34 pm »

We all have opinions about the game. And they are usually different from the other players. But they should still be shared, or else those opinions are useless. That's how I feel about it anyways.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: March 01, 2015, 05:29:35 pm »

Tiruin This is the second (possibly third) game in a row where you have no content day 1. KYOSN you were Mafia, and in Paranormal your lack of contact helped ensure a town loss. Replace out or actually play.
Because I'm busy IRL and I was collating notes, planning to make a post later today on Monday.

And don't you dare even touch that latter part for the rest of your errors. I was absent D1/2 yet the only 'seemingly pressing' case you all could bring up is a trash case revolving around YOU ARE ABSENT SO YOU ARE SCUM.
Without details on why.
It is cheap, and extremely low.

Especially with that kind of petty threat.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day One - The Rain Falls Mainly On The Plain
« Reply #487 on: March 01, 2015, 05:37:43 pm »

The smell of fried acid toad is not a pleasant one and many of the monks were getting eager for some light ultraviolence.

Votes
4maskwolf
Shakerag
Varee - [2] - Flabort, Deus Asmoth
origamiscienceguy - [1] - 4maskwolf
Flabort
Hector13
Tiruin - [1] - Persus
TheDarkStar - [2] - Hector13, origamiscienceguy
Deus Asmoth
Persus13

Mask colours: Red, Green, Bronze, White, Gold, Silver, Blue, Orange, Brown, Purple, Turquoise, Yellow, Black, Violet

Dead Masks
Spoiler: Cream (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pink (click to show/hide)

The day ends 12AM GMT on the 5th, or on a hammer of 6 votes. The kill action won't come into effect until Tuesday 12AM.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 05:46:23 pm by notquitethere »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: March 01, 2015, 05:41:56 pm »

Persus voted for Tiruin, not Tiruin ;)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: March 01, 2015, 05:43:48 pm »

Because I'm busy IRL and I was collating notes, planning to make a post later today on Monday.

And don't you dare even touch that latter part for the rest of your errors. I was absent D1/2 yet the only 'seemingly pressing' case you all could bring up is a trash case revolving around YOU ARE ABSENT SO YOU ARE SCUM.
Without details on why.
It is cheap, and extremely low.

Especially with that kind of petty threat.
Fair enough then, Unvote. I will touch that last part, because your absence was one of many reasons we lost (it gave scum a good lynch target, gave everyone an unknown variable), and I do not want to have that happen again here. You have consistently showed a pattern of joining a game, continuing to promise content, and then failing to provide it because of net/RL issues, or just strait up not being there. I'm sorry, but by promising to play and then failing to do so, you are hindering the game for other people when you try to play and are unable to and I'm tired of having to deal with it in my own scumhunting. I know I shouldn't be the one who is bringing this up, as I was fairly inactive D1 too, but either play or don't join. I'd much prefer it if you played, so I'm eagerly awaiting your promised content.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: March 01, 2015, 05:44:27 pm »

Also, flabort is voting Varee now.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: March 01, 2015, 05:48:23 pm »

Persus voted for Tiruin, not Tiruin ;)
...Thanks for adding a lighthearted note to this.

I will touch that last part, because your absence was one of many reasons we lost (it gave scum a good lynch target, gave everyone an unknown variable), and I do not want to have that happen again here.
Oh come on. :I
I've constantly told EVERYONE that it was due to technical difficulties and the only scumbag to go against that was UXLZ--By then, the whole DEADCHAT was suspecting him (but me, because of some reason I wanted to see him as town despite such...an affront), but the idea was that nobody else saw it in the day-thread and didn't actually mind that reason being made into a reason for a lynch.

NOBODY ELSE saw that Toaster and the rest of the scumteam LIGHTLY poked it--but actually DID NOT give the reasoning BEHIND IT.

So narrowing the focus on something already done doesn't necessarily help--especially given that there were 6 OTHER TOWN PRESENT who 'didn't do much', if we're using that philosophy of Functionalism dictated in your statement. >:(

You have consistently showed a pattern of joining a game, continuing to promise content, and then failing to provide it because of net/RL issues, or just strait up not being there.
Yeah, in the past month. Only.
Classical conditioning sucks when judging me like that. <_<

I'm sorry, but by promising to play and then failing to do so, you are hindering the game for other people when you try to play and are unable to and I'm tired of having to deal with it in my own scumhunting. I know I shouldn't be the one who is bringing this up, as I was fairly inactive D1 too, but either play or don't join. I'd much prefer it if you played, so I'm eagerly awaiting your promised content.
One bonus the other games didn't have: PMs. So its more straight forward with lots of less intervening variables that make me more vague than ever. And yes I'm going to play. :I
I never drop a game.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: March 01, 2015, 06:42:18 pm »

Tiruin, why didn't you vote day 1? I can understand not being active in the conversations, but you should be active enough to at least get a vote and some reasoning in.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: March 01, 2015, 06:46:00 pm »

Tiruin, why didn't you vote day 1? I can understand not being active in the conversations, but you should be active enough to at least get a vote and some reasoning in.
Honestly..I didn't catch up in time (that and D1 ended on the weekend--the time when family emergency happened and I had to drop everything to do that thing instead, so delay occurred [and hence my...somewhat silly request for a replacement over the weekend back there ._.]

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: March 01, 2015, 07:02:07 pm »

Should someone vote without having reviewed all the evidence? /incredulous

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 74