Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 74

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day 13: Unlucky For Some - SCUM B TEAM WIN  (Read 101076 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day Two - The-Times-They-Are-A-Changeling
« Reply #495 on: March 01, 2015, 07:04:02 pm »

Thank you tiruin. That explains it.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day One - Pixie Peril!
« Reply #496 on: March 01, 2015, 07:08:23 pm »

Mask, I said it here, which was a bit after you asked the question.
Right. Can I ask why people are getting such strong scum reads off TDS? This may be just because I'm trying to speed read back through the thread and catch up, but I don't think he's been acting all that scummy. Also, I started the game with a pair of two point flaws, one of which was being unable to vote. That may have been a bad idea.

Persus, do you not consider OSG scummy enough to vote for if you're not voting for Tiruin any more?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: March 01, 2015, 07:14:28 pm »

Does anyone else think Origami is buddying?

Example 1

Example 2

Example 3

Or am I just being a little too critical here?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: March 01, 2015, 07:15:57 pm »

Hey I just read my own post and realise how bad they sound, I dont think posting at like 1 am in the morning is a good idea either.

Do you remember the last BYOR where Varee just advocated No Lynch and offered to build houses for people? And Varee turned out town?

That part make me laugh a lot, I dont even remember it and now I feel like am doing the exact same thing ....

Flabort: During Day 1 you said that handing out power is good for town, Why did you change your mind now?
DA : I dont disagree with you, I cant say if the lynch is going to be town or not but it is more likely that it is going to be town than scum. But that the thing with lynching, If I dont agree with the current lynch then I got the option to vote for someone else. I should use that instead of trying to get people to stop lynching.
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: March 01, 2015, 07:18:39 pm »

IDK, maybe I'm just making a mountain out of a molehill, but... I feel like he's trying to ingratiate himself with me because so many people had me up high on their reads lists, which is a definitively scum thing to do.
You're not the only one who thinks so, no.

Mask, I said it here, which was a bit after you asked the question.
Right. Can I ask why people are getting such strong scum reads off TDS? This may be just because I'm trying to speed read back through the thread and catch up, but I don't think he's been acting all that scummy. Also, I started the game with a pair of two point flaws, one of which was being unable to vote. That may have been a bad idea.
Herp derp I even read the first part of that post, I just glossed over the part about your flaws.

I have something to say, I just need a little while to type it up.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: March 01, 2015, 07:19:41 pm »

Example 1

Example 2

Example 3

...I think its more of the latter, as you seem to put value on someone being thankful with the topping of suspicion rather than taking it as is.
More on the third link anyway--are you connecting the last 2 links to derive something out of it?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: March 01, 2015, 07:26:01 pm »

Example 1

Example 2

Example 3

You think that me saying "please" and "thank you" is buddying?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: March 01, 2015, 07:30:54 pm »

Example 1

Example 2

Example 3

...I think its more of the latter, as you seem to put value on someone being thankful with the topping of suspicion rather than taking it as is.
More on the third link anyway--are you connecting the last 2 links to derive something out of it?

No, those are the examples of buddying I want everyone to opine on. He's thanked three people in the last page or so, and not really added anything in them (except for the vote and analysis on TDS in the first one) and did appear to be trying to encourage me to continue arguing a point I don't think has been bled of all value two posts after example 2 (that post was basically "everyone's opinion matters")

I'm just worried I might have blinkers on and am just seeing everything that Origami does as scum motivated, even though I already think he's scum.

He was getting scum read pretty hard by everyone after the D1 lynch, including myself, so I think he's just trying to come across as non-threatening.

PPE: Origami, I think you saying please and thank you to two people who are voting you is buddying, yes.

I think that you're trying to influence Tiruin's opinion of you before they've read the rest of the thread by saying please and thank you, yes.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: March 01, 2015, 07:42:11 pm »

Err, that's my point. You may be construing buddying for a simple and benign example of someone being appreciative--excluding the notion of a unique playstyle rather than the cutthroat image Mafia seems cut out to be.

Personally, I see you and Origami as town-leaning, though that's in the tiny sparse bits I took notes on while my net was active days ago. It shall be updated later on.

And i haven't voted anyone.
...And my read n Origami isn't solely influenced by him being appreciative. That is..just silly, for me. :P He can be scum or town and still say thank you--that is good manners.
Scum can have good manners. :v

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: March 01, 2015, 07:44:12 pm »

I try to be nice during these games. But I got really mad at hector13 during our misunderstood argument. So I've been in a forgiving mood.

hector13, how was I trying to continue the argument?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: March 01, 2015, 07:46:46 pm »

I think that we're all looking too hard into this game and each other's reactions.  Yes, reactions can, on occasion, work to help identify a scum.  However, this is often a case of confirmation bias more than anything else given how rarely it works and how easy it is for scum to get around by looking towny.  Because the Bay12 meta has such specific patterns to it, skilled scum players can just subvert the expectations of scumminess and just fly by under the radar while unlucky townies get the noose.  I've seen it happen repeatedly, and is likely the reason why so many games end in a loss for the town: they can't win because they telegraph their lynch criteria to the scumteam well in advance, much as how a towny group plan in this game would give the scum ample time to work out a countermeasure.  Logically, then, the only way to beat them is not through relying on the lynch but through judicious use of role powers.  The scum are given a stacked deck in mafia games: they can plan in secret, they keep their machinations secret, the town has to hunt for them, and the town has to telegraph any coordinated efforts to them.  These advantages are particularly acute in CYOM, since the scumteam can morph itself as needed.  This holds true for multiple scumteams as well.  So what is the best way to counteract this?  We can't discuss a plan in the thread, because the scum will see it.  We can't use the chat power to discuss, because we might hit a scum player and have them betray the person they are chatting with.  The only way to counter the scumteam's advantages even slightly is to not plan as a group, but then it's every man for himself, which can lead to its own problems.  So let's see...

One of the scum's advantages is that they know each other's masks and alignments, so they can work together.  The alignments part is impossible to touch, but it IS possible to mess with their masks so that a scumteam focused on supporting each other would become incapable of functioning.  Grand Swap would be the easiest way to do this, obviously, because it switches everyone's mask, but it also disadvantages anyone whose build was a self-buffing build (like Peradon's, for instance)...

Idk.  I'm trying to come up with some way to break the scumteam(s), but I'm nothing is coming to mind.  I'm just sure the town will lose if we keep telegraphing our lynch criteria to the scumteam(s)...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: March 01, 2015, 07:48:44 pm »

Idk.  I'm trying to come up with some way to break the scumteam(s), but I'm nothing is coming to mind.  I'm just sure the town will lose if we keep telegraphing our lynch criteria to the scumteam(s)...
I know for a fact that the scumteam or someone hilarious is using a combination of a changeling, reflect and infect combination however. >_>
I have no idea who it is, but judging by the teatime I had with NQT a while ago over the weekend, !!fun!! happened.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: March 01, 2015, 07:50:05 pm »

I know for a fact that the scumteam or someone hilarious is using a combination of a changeling, reflect and infect combination however. >_>
* 4maskwolf almost chokes on his glass of water

You WHAT?!?!?!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: March 01, 2015, 07:50:32 pm »

EBWOP:
3 – Radiant (Each time someone successfully targets you, that action is also copied onto a random player)
Not reflect. Was confusing the two terms because of the idea of the word Reflect equaling the ability desc. of Radiant.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: March 01, 2015, 07:50:52 pm »

* 4maskwolf almost chokes on his glass of water

You WHAT?!?!?!
How in all flavor of damnation to you know this?
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 74