Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 74

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day 13: Unlucky For Some - SCUM B TEAM WIN  (Read 100908 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day Two - The-Times-They-Are-A-Changeling
« Reply #555 on: March 02, 2015, 06:36:11 pm »

That explains it.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: March 02, 2015, 08:56:22 pm »

Why are you so willing to reveal your powers in any case?
Because I thought someone had called for a mass claim, since I saw several claims so far. And Varee offered to claim too. So I figured I'd add to the mass claim, because I sort of like mass claims because they give a whole lot of information that you can't get during a otherwise slow day. If it wasn't a mass claim before, I'd like to call for a mass claim now.
Also, I got frustrated waiting for someone to notice that Inflate now costs 8 points.
Spoiler: Claims so far (click to show/hide)

My missing power that I hadn't remembered turned out to be... well, now that I see/remember what it is (It's one of those autos that protects you from two powers), I'd rather not say which one it is specifically. Oh, and a certain other three-point auto that I also don't want to be recalled now.

I started the game with the three-point auto, three points of flaws, Flexible, and Free-Inflate x4.
When I got changeling, I sold it to buy two more Free-Inflates. Used them all on... you guessed it, inflate.
On the beginning of day 2, I sold one inflate to buy the free-self-protect and self-cleanse that I used to get rid of non-voter. I also got the other auto to protect me from a certain angle of attack, because I'm a little cowardly this game; as well as Death Resistant. As I said, after I pulled off the Vig shenanigans (accidentally being lead by scum) last CYOM, I'm scared of someone trying to kill me.
I then received one copy each of copy-cat, cleanse, and changeling from the mysterious source; Varee being only part of it? Because I'd already shopped and used all my actions, I couldn't do anything with them yet. I can tomorrow.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: March 02, 2015, 09:29:36 pm »

Well Day one I aqquired Networker and gave out changeling in process. My power were flexible changeling changeling networker (5 point of flaws.) with 3 point free. D2 I sel the changeling and buy self copycat and clense, and use copycat on myself, handing out cc, clense and changeling.

Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: March 02, 2015, 09:33:12 pm »

Can I ask what people hope to achieve with this? Nobody has any reason to be honest, because it's impossible to test the veracity of the claim.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: March 02, 2015, 09:36:12 pm »

Can I ask what people hope to achieve with this? Nobody has any reason to be honest, because it's impossible to test the veracity of the claim.
Two words.

Power cop.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: March 02, 2015, 09:37:29 pm »

Two words.

Power cop.

Which only targets a mask.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: March 02, 2015, 09:41:40 pm »

There's another way to verify it. I changelinged Tiruin (Silver). Someone changelinged me after that, but Tiruin's original role was Booby Trap, Self-targeting Protect, Minimalist, Guilty Conscience. I have no idea who has it now, but watch out for the booby trap.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day One - The Rain Falls Mainly On The Plain
« Reply #562 on: March 03, 2015, 02:39:20 am »

"I— I think he just moved," one of the initiates quailed, pointing at Peradon's corpse.

"No," said another, shaking her head, "that's just the winter spirit departing. Like a sudden squall, nevermore shall this plain be graced with—"

At that moment the pair was interrupted by a loud and highly incensed croaking. The acid toad had just woken up and realised he was legless. This could only end one way and that way won't rhyme with quell.

Votes
4maskwolf - [1] 4maskwolf (the 'me' tag shows up as red)
Shakerag
Varee - [2] - Flabort, Deus Asmoth
origamiscienceguy
Flabort
Hector13
Tiruin
TheDarkStar - [2] - Hector13, origamiscienceguy
Deus Asmoth
Persus13

Mask colours: Red, Green, Bronze, White, Gold, Silver, Blue, Orange, Brown, Purple, Turquoise, Yellow, Black, Violet

Dead Masks
Spoiler: Cream (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pink (click to show/hide)

The day ends 12AM GMT on the 5th, or on a hammer of 6 votes. Grace period for kills is over.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: March 03, 2015, 02:57:19 am »

WAIT I just realise claiming is a really bad idea with boobytrap around.... That mean it is like a targeted kill??
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: March 03, 2015, 05:30:09 am »

Why are you advocating a massclaim, Flabort?

You may have missed it--but my initial role was Booby-Trap and Self-Protect (with -3 points of flaws); a massclaim would dig all that up and note, given the lack of a FortuneTeller...{not good things} due to the Changeling happenings around.
There's another way to verify it. I changelinged Tiruin (Silver). Someone changelinged me after that, but Tiruin's original role was Booby Trap, Self-targeting Protect, Minimalist, Guilty Conscience. I have no idea who has it now, but watch out for the booby trap.
Ohey, you got it!
:I
Bloody knew people liked the more fancy mask colors instead. Hmph!

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: March 03, 2015, 11:24:33 am »

Darn it NQT you know that wasn't what I meant, I bold names I'm voting for.

origamiscienceguy

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: March 03, 2015, 12:04:56 pm »

I would like to voice my opinion that a massclaim is not a good idea, at least not at this point.

If the scum do have that booby-trap from Tiruin, everyone announcing their powers pretty much gives them a free choice over what to trap.

Claiming masks is even worse, because then they can target specific players for a kill. The scum can have the Power Cop role too, so they can check to see what their target's powers/autos/flaws are before they make their move.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: March 03, 2015, 12:12:04 pm »

TheDarkStar:
Questions: What made you leave your vote on Peradon after RVS? What are your reads of people right now?
Already answered the first question.  As for the second, Deus is my top scumpick for now.  OSG is giving me a weird gut feeling, but I can't really say in which direction.  Tiruin I can almost never read.  I really don't like flabort.  4mask is active, but I'm not necessarily getting a strong town vibe from him.  Varee is the spiritual successor to Org.  Everyone else I'm pretty neutral on right now. 

Varee:
You never responded to this.

Persus13:
Does it bother anyone how few lynch candidates there are?
What do you mean by this?

flabort:
I see... so it sounds like you'd have to be super active at all times of the week, day and night, in order to 'toony tunnel' enough people to be on par with traditional spread-out scum-hunting. Agree or disagree?
If you wanted to do that with multiple people, possibly.  I think the idea is to only put the thumbscrews on one player at a time.  I think that coupling that technique with exploring leads on a handful of other players at the same time works well, and is something I've done before. 

4maskwolf:
Shakerag: I've seen that list, it's horrible, and it should go burn in hell.  Those aren't scumtells, those are tells that someone is fed up or can't see a way out of their situation.
Regardless of your opinion on that list, my point was that I believe OSG is a new-ish player, and we tell new players to look for certain behaviors as scummy, which is what it appeared OSG was doing.  If you think that those scumtells should be reviewed, we can bring that up in one of the discussion threads.

As a side note, I'm also against a massclaim in a game like this. 
- Roles can change essentially immediately after the claim, both by the claimer (shopping) and by other players using powers (changeling, for one).
- Inflate, Nerf, Recall, Boobytrap exist.
- If everyone claims and most players all have a particular power, Return and Power Steal become much more effective.
- Scum can see what powers everyone has and buy powers/autos to circumvent strategies to find the scum.

In a more static game like a Paranormal or a BYOR, sure.  But I don't see this as an overall benefit to the town in this kind of game. 

I don't like how Deus Asmoth found an already dead player to be one of his top scumpicks on D1.  Deus claimed he couldn't vote on D1.  That's no excuse to not be scumhunting though.  If he's scum, then he wouldn't really care who got lynched.  Which is what I think led to him not really paying close attention to what was going on, and ended up fingering a dead player as scummy. 

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: March 03, 2015, 01:23:21 pm »

That's got to be the weakest justification for a vote that I've seen so far. Why would I, as scum, be less careful with who I voted for or claimed to scumread than I would as town? What's your opinion of Persus and Tiruin, since both of them have done less scumhunting than me? And what's your justification for doing less scumhunting than I have yourself if you're going to try lynch me based on inactivity?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: March 03, 2015, 02:29:09 pm »

Alright, so, things and things and things.

Shakerag: Quit defending, OSG can take care of himself.

Everyone: I am also against a massclaim, for the reasons that have been expressed by others.  However, I think it is up to each individual player if and what they claim, such as my choice to claim a few of my abilities and the overall intention of my role.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 74