Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 74

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day 13: Unlucky For Some - SCUM B TEAM WIN  (Read 101450 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day Two - The-Times-They-Are-A-Changeling
« Reply #615 on: March 04, 2015, 02:15:13 pm »

Even though I don't agree with the TDS lynch, I find him scummy enough I won't protest to him being the primary lynch target right now.  My vote is staying planted right where it is until I work out what the hell is going on.  I have this feeling like I almost know what's going on here, but something is missing so the puzzle pieces aren't locking together yet.

hector13: It's fine, I just wanted it answered before day end.

Shakerag: I see.

I'm just going to start typing and see if I can work something out, so what comes next may be nothing of relevance at all.  As such, I will spoiler it.

Spoiler: Rambling (click to show/hide)

Varee: Did you use the copycat?
notquitethere: Do players know if someone tries to kill them if they are kill resistant?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: March 04, 2015, 02:52:55 pm »

Replacement request[/b. This is probably not going to be filled until Day 3, but I have a lot of stuff going on right now and this game doesn't really have nights to allow me to take a break on it and having to read through 40 pages of posts and convulted and actions is not something I want to deal with right now.

You guys sort this out, I'm going to school, and may all hell freeze over in my absence.  My vote stays right where it is, particularly because despite claiming not to have guilty conscience Persus13 ISN'T VOTING!
My vote is my own. I also needed to work out who is scummy.

There was also a kill yesterday.  But why wasn't there a kill today?
I recalled kill D1, that may have had something to do with it.

Persus13:
Start of D2 there were two vote candidates, TDS from D1 and OSG. In a game like this, I feel that there would be more lynch cases and if the lynch leader was scum there would be an alternative lynch case by the scum in order to get someone who wasn't their buddy lynched. Now I just think it was a sign of low activity or something as people are more active and votes are more all over the place.
On one hand I want to ask why every living player isn't a lynch candidate, but I think you're using the term "lynch candidate" to refer to the player(s) who are being voted for by a number of people.  Is that correct? 
Yes, I am using lynch candidate to refer to that. If it's confusing I'll try to find a better term for it.

Persus, do you think players should defend each other from questioning? If so, don't you think that implies them knowing each other's alignment and having a reason to not want each other dead?
Defending another player is an inevitable consequence of scumhunting another players attack, so yes I think players should defend other players from attacks, if they are scumhunting another player by doing so or they believe that they have information that the other player doesn't that puts things in a different light (ex. cop knowing a player is town). Yes, defending another player implies that the defender may know or suspect the alignment of the defendee, but one player defending another player isn't always scum defending scum.

So, I'm going to go ahead and post my reads for analysis when I flip town:

Anyway, I'll reveal my powers and such if there is no chance that I get saved. For now, my fate is in your hands.
You sound like you are giving up. Or trying to guilt-trip us into unvoting you. This is extremely anti-town as a townie would know he is innocent and try to persuade us rather than do this.
  Unvote TDS
Vote Peradon

Screw it, OSG. Peradon was actually doing exactly what you are supposed to do if you are a town player about to be lynched, which was give reads and claim as much as possible. I don't want to restart the whole giving up argument early D2, but I do think this is scummy enough to make me want to lynch you after reading through this again.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: March 04, 2015, 02:59:19 pm »

Hector: How certain are you about Tiruin's claim on a scale of one to ten?

More confident that they're telling the truth than lying, I'd say 7.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: March 04, 2015, 03:02:06 pm »

Screw it, OSG. Peradon was actually doing exactly what you are supposed to do if you are a town player about to be lynched, which was give reads and claim as much as possible.
Is it that hard for scum to do the exact same thing? Especially in this game where the scum can basically claim any powers and nobody would be able to verify them. I don't see any reason why the scum wouldn't be able to post reads or make a claim. The only way we would possibly be able to verify a scum member is if they claim their mask, which Peradon didn't.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: March 04, 2015, 03:09:04 pm »

Is it that hard for scum to do the exact same thing? Especially in this game where the scum can basically claim any powers and nobody would be able to verify them. I don't see any reason why the scum wouldn't be able to post reads or make a claim. The only way we would possibly be able to verify a scum member is if they claim their mask, which Peradon didn't.
I'd like to point out you were freaking over his emotional response and "guilt trip", not that he posted his reads.

It was also the end of the day, I would imagine that everyone that had an action had used it by that point (especially considering the two extensions) so nobody would be able to verify even if he did claim his mask, anyway. This would only reveal his powers/upgrades/flaws, which I'm not sure you can draw much information from in regards to alignment anyway.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: March 04, 2015, 03:10:28 pm »

Wolf
notquitethere: Do players know if someone tries to kill them if they are kill resistant?
No, they're not informed.

Persus
Replacement request[/b. This is probably not going to be filled until Day 3, but I have a lot of stuff going on right now and this game doesn't really have nights to allow me to take a break on it and having to read through 40 pages of posts and convulted and actions is not something I want to deal with right now.
That's a shame, I'll see if Cheeetar can replace in.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: March 04, 2015, 03:12:06 pm »

I know. My reasons are still unchanged. I was just pointing out the flaw in his argument against me.

It was also the end of the day, I would imagine that everyone that had an action had used it by that point (especially considering the two extensions) so nobody would be able to verify even if he did claim his mask.
My point exactly. There was no way to verify if he told the truth in his role, so there is no reason why the scum couldn't just make up some powers.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: March 04, 2015, 03:22:39 pm »

There was also a kill yesterday.  But why wasn't there a kill today?
It also could be that Deathsword tried to kill someone and got reflected. He had the ability after all. Maybe the scum are using a different method of killing. Poison or infect maybe.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: March 04, 2015, 03:46:50 pm »

After my first revised reads list got lost, I started on a new one, which I intend to post ASAP, but it's @ home. I also intend to post a compilation of everyone's reads again.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: March 04, 2015, 05:59:35 pm »

So, I'm about to be lynched (in about a minute?). I've been busy, which is a shame because I wanted to play a bit more. I guess I'll leave my suspicious:

OSG
flabort
hector

I just got sap and other people probably did too. Also, someone got 11 XP from me Day 1. I started with a Changeling-based role with Unstoppable and now someone has it. That's all the info I have time to post before day end, I think.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: March 04, 2015, 06:00:54 pm »

So, I'm about to be lynched (in about a minute?). I've been busy, which is a shame because I wanted to play a bit more. I guess I'll leave my suspicious:

OSG
flabort
hector

I just got sap and other people probably did too. Also, someone got 11 XP from me Day 1. I started with a Changeling-based role with Unstoppable and now someone has it. That's all the info I have time to post before day end, I think.

Wait, I have an hour to live. I'll get more posted.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: March 04, 2015, 06:08:25 pm »

I'm just going to start typing and see if I can work something out, so what comes next may be nothing of relevance at all.  As such, I will spoiler it.

Spoiler: Rambling (click to show/hide)

We also have a few saps in play - I just got one and someone sapped 11xp off me at the beginning of the day. Also, I bought a kill and used it (I'm claiming now in case I guessed right).

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: March 04, 2015, 06:23:04 pm »

I can confirm; I got a sap too. Also, while the changeling being recalled has already been confirmed, I can confirm it happened to me too.

What are your reasons for those being your scum picks?
The Cyan Menace

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: March 04, 2015, 06:24:00 pm »

Because we're voting him. Seems to be the only correlation between us...

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: March 04, 2015, 06:29:06 pm »

I see... basically an OMGUS, then?

And what does he mean, 'in case I got it right'? Which mask did he use the kill on and why?
The Cyan Menace

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 74