Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 74

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day 13: Unlucky For Some - SCUM B TEAM WIN  (Read 99694 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day Three - A Good Day To Be Bad
« Reply #645 on: March 04, 2015, 07:33:02 pm »

You seem to be trying to paint yourself as townie-extraordinaire there, 4mask.
No, I'm just fucking pissed off.

Your logic had holes in it. Can you blame people for not following you on that?
What holes?  Do tell, oh master strategist.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: March 04, 2015, 07:33:54 pm »

And you, Hector, seem to be immediately after a mislynch trying to find someone to blame.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: March 04, 2015, 07:35:45 pm »

You seem to be trying to paint yourself as townie-extraordinaire there, 4mask.
No, I'm just fucking pissed off.

Your logic had holes in it. Can you blame people for not following you on that?
What holes?  Do tell, oh master strategist.

I pointed them out earlier, and I'm too tired to go looking for them.

And you, Hector, seem to be immediately after a mislynch trying to find someone to blame.

Who was I blaming?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: March 04, 2015, 07:37:06 pm »

All of your "holes" were alternative proposals for situations, all of which ignoring Occam's Razor.  They were all fringe situations that were far less likely than what I was proposing.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: March 04, 2015, 07:39:09 pm »

You sounded like you were blaming 4mask, or at least trying to divert attention on to him.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: March 04, 2015, 07:45:29 pm »

WOOO!!! My school just got canceled tomorrow!!!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: March 04, 2015, 07:48:28 pm »

All of your "holes" were alternative proposals for situations, all of which ignoring Occam's Razor.  They were all fringe situations that were far less likely than what I was proposing.

How was it ignoring Occam's Razor? Occam's Razor says that the scenario with the fewest assumptions is correct.

You assumed that both Tiruin and I were telling the truth. (2) You assumed Besmirch was what caused people to get a Guilty Conscience. (3) You assumed a townie wouldn't be the one to do it. (4)

You then assumed that everyone on the Peradon mislynch was clear. (7) You assumed flabort had UtV. (8) You assumed (at that point) that DA was clear because he was voting, (9) and then assumed that left Persus. (10)

So fuck off with your 10 assumptions, all of which could easily be wrong.

I'm not blaming 4mask, just that his butthurt at everyone else for getting it wrong is stupid. He changed his vote to Perry with fuck all on him D1, and that caused a mislynch too. He's as much to blame for our current situation than anyone else.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: March 04, 2015, 08:09:07 pm »

And now an apology (for the DP and the outburst)

Tiredness and RL shocks make me less patient. I do not agree, as you might have surmised, that Occam's Razor was applied properly, or perhaps it was that there was not enough information with which to apply it reasonably. Thus, I believe your assertion that you "told us" that we were wrong to be false.

That does not excuse the outburst, but I am sorry for the "shouty" nature of it, nonetheless.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: March 04, 2015, 08:11:47 pm »

flabort is guaranteed to have unable to vote, he proved it.  Besmirch is the most likely option by any reckoning.  If a townie did it then they are a horrible townie, which is also fairly obvious.  The Peradon mislynch people are obviously clear you ass, they didn't die when he was lynched and it happened again D2.  It comes down to between Deus Asmoth and Persus, and yes, I considered Persus more likely.  That's THREE assumptions: That you and Tiruin were telling the truth, and that it's Persus over Deus Asmoth.  You're either being oblivious as fuck or are scum, and I'm pretty damn sure it's the later, so have a vote.  hector13.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: March 04, 2015, 08:15:46 pm »

My apologies for my outburst... that was uncalled for.  I'm in a bad mood for a variety of reasons, most of which have nothing to do with mafia, but I snapped and that was bad.

I still stand by the essence of what I said though, which is that your argument is flawed.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: March 04, 2015, 08:17:47 pm »

Ah you are a lovely and sympathetic person.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: March 04, 2015, 08:28:42 pm »

BLAHHHHHHH.
Just one more day .....
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: March 04, 2015, 08:32:19 pm »

Ah you are a lovely and sympathetic person.
My insult was uncalled for, yours isn't any better.   I will refrain from insulting you in the future, I wish I hadn't in the past, and I hope you extend the same to me.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: March 04, 2015, 08:35:54 pm »

How was it ignoring Occam's Razor? Occam's Razor says that the scenario with the fewest assumptions is correct.

You assumed that both Tiruin and I were telling the truth. (2) You assumed Besmirch was what caused people to get a Guilty Conscience. (3) You assumed a townie wouldn't be the one to do it. (4)

You then assumed that everyone on the Peradon mislynch was clear. (7) You assumed flabort had UtV. (8) You assumed (at that point) that DA was clear because he was voting, (9) and then assumed that left Persus. (10)

So fuck off with your 10 assumptions, all of which could easily be wrong.

I'm not blaming 4mask, just that his butthurt at everyone else for getting it wrong is stupid. He changed his vote to Perry with fuck all on him D1, and that caused a mislynch too. He's as much to blame for our current situation than anyone else.
I agree with this argument (cause I made the same argument yesterday), but I'd like to point that everyone on Peradon's lynch and Flabort having unable to vote are not assumptions because having guilty conscience makes it impossible for them to be on the lynch or unable to vote. Do you think 4maskwolf is scum because of this? In any case, using Occam's Razor at all in a mafia game isn't the best idea because it eliminates other scenarios that seem improbable (Webadicts BYOR comes to mind where we learned that instead of your standard scum team, the game was actually against 4 or 5 SKs, something no one predicted)

OSG:
Given that hector did not actually vote 4maskwolf, why are you accusing him of pushing for his lynch? And how would you know that 4maskwolf being lynched would result in a mislynch?

PPE:
4maskwolf:
flabort is guaranteed to have unable to vote, he proved it.  Besmirch is the most likely option by any reckoning.  If a townie did it then they are a horrible townie, which is also fairly obvious.  The Peradon mislynch people are obviously clear you ass, they didn't die when he was lynched and it happened again D2.  It comes down to between Deus Asmoth and Persus, and yes, I considered Persus more likely.  That's THREE assumptions: That you and Tiruin were telling the truth, and that it's Persus over Deus Asmoth.  You're either being oblivious as fuck or are scum, and I'm pretty damn sure it's the later, so have a vote.  hector13.
Do have reasons for voting hector13 besides the fact that he disagrees with you? And saying besmirch is what happened is an assumption, albeit one that is a most likely. What do you think about TDS also having guilty conscience, where do you think he got that (He can't have gotten it from changelinged Tiruin because his vote was on Peradon)?

PPEx2:
My apologies for my outburst... that was uncalled for.  I'm in a bad mood for a variety of reasons, most of which have nothing to do with mafia, but I snapped and that was bad.

I still stand by the essence of what I said though, which is that your argument is flawed.
Unvote then, you being upset explains all of your D3 posts so far. Sorry to hear you are in a bad mood, although playing Mafia might not be the best course of action while in a bad mood (although Mafia drunk is probably a worse decision)

OSG consider this vote in place of the FOS I gave you above.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: March 04, 2015, 08:39:37 pm »

Hehehe Wuba's BYOR 13.  Good stuff.

I actually do.  From past experience, the last person who strongly disagreed with my action analysis of mafia was Leafsnail, all the way back in CYOM 1, and he was scum.  hector13 is following the exact same attack patterns when it comes to addressing my ideas.

That being said, I seem to recall Jim Groovester, as town, did the same thing in the same game, so unvote.

I need to think and reread before I can give you all a good analysis of what is going on.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 74