Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 74

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day 13: Unlucky For Some - SCUM B TEAM WIN  (Read 99704 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day Three - A Good Day To Be Bad
« Reply #660 on: March 04, 2015, 08:42:06 pm »

OSG:
And you, Hector, seem to be immediately after a mislynch trying to find someone to blame.
Given that hector did not actually vote 4maskwolf, why are you accusing him of pushing for his lynch? And how would you know that 4maskwolf being lynched would result in a mislynch?

I need to apologize as well. I was really mad at TDS for randomly killing someone, and so I wasn't thinking straight. I don't have any evidence for or against hector or 4mask.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: March 04, 2015, 10:03:46 pm »

BLAHHHHHHH.
Just one more day .....
Sorry Varee. I got a bit frustrated and randomly killed someone.

Bah.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: March 04, 2015, 11:09:07 pm »

RARRAGAGHRAH
CRASH
READS
GONE
RAGHRAAGARAHAGARAGH

WHY DIDN'T SAVE STUPID FLABORT
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: March 05, 2015, 03:50:23 am »

Hello delicious friends! I'm the new Persus- reading through a bit, but I see that he's already claimed recall so I've gone ahead and recalled besmirch, which is causing some people some problems. I am not sure how up to date I will get, and will probably focus my reads on stuff that happens post this post, but I'll attempt to eventually have a more solid understanding of what's gone on so far.

(Also: Any general gameplay tips for CYOM would be appreciated.)
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: March 05, 2015, 04:26:51 am »

Do we know whether TDS was really the one who killed Varee? Because no one else got killed yesterday.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: March 05, 2015, 11:31:30 am »

Yes, he kind of admitted it here:

BLAHHHHHHH.
Just one more day .....

Bah.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: March 05, 2015, 12:43:40 pm »

Ah you are a lovely and sympathetic person.
My insult was uncalled for, yours isn't any better.   I will refrain from insulting you in the future, I wish I hadn't in the past, and I hope you extend the same to me.

Of course, that's why I fucked off at the time :P I was also experiencing a bad mood from RL issues, and I was going to say something much worse than I did, but the tiny voice of reason spoke up "Is that really going to make you feel any better, and is it going to make the situation better?" so I buggered off to calm down. Sometimes it's nice being an adult.

I appreciate your argument about 10 (some of which was me just being a dick) vs 3, but you can only be sure that the people on the lynch didn't have a Guilty Conscience at the time of the lynch. Given that the scum can only kill one person, they're not wasting an action by copying Guilty Conscience back on to their team-mate(s) the next day.

I also appreciate that that's making more assumptions than you did, but I don't like the idea of applying Occam's Razor with more than one or two assumptions, because then it's more likely that any assumption you make is going to be wrong, which obviously means any conclusion you draw from it will be flawed. This is more of a personal thing; the variables are many with human behaviour.

It could be that Persus/Cheetar is scum, but I'm not convinced they are from your argument.

Also Origami, 'cause all you seem to have done for the past in-game day or so is make nice, and I'm still not happy with the way you moved your vote on D1.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: March 05, 2015, 01:09:13 pm »

Yes, he kind of admitted it here:

BLAHHHHHHH.
Just one more day .....

Bah.
So then, if there are two scum teams, there could be at least two more people poisoned (besides Tiruin's that got cleansed).

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: March 05, 2015, 01:16:29 pm »

Doing some analysis on the players and their roles:
- Deathsword: Town
- TheDarkStar: Town
- Peradon: Town

- Varee: 3rd Party
- origamiscienceguy
- Flabort
- Hector13
- Tiruin
- Shakerag
- Deus Asmoth
- Persus13
- 4maskwolf

Spoiler: ramble (click to show/hide)
Summary: I bet that flabort is a thief. Anybody see any flaws in my argument?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: March 05, 2015, 02:42:09 pm »

One huge, gaping flaw: there is nothing that said there has to be multiple third parties except for some phrasing by NQT which could just as easily have been a way of hedging in case he got enough player to put multiple third parties in the game.  I am EXTREMELY skeptical that NQT would make only half of the players town, even if there were two scumteams.

hector13: Yeah, I pretty much buggered off too last night after saying that, which is a good thing for both of us.  Obviously any conclusion drawn in this game is going to be flawed, otherwise it wouldn't be mafia, my personal opinion is that action analysis is the least flawed way when compared to scumhunting.  Obviously everyone has their own opinions.

Cheeetar, your predecessor once again placed his vote on someone with no votes on them at day end without any explanation, which from my action analysis is suspicious as all getout.  However, origamiscienceguy is absolutely either mimicking me in an effort to look townie or just normally trying to look townie, but I'm not reading his most recent post as anything but attempting to look townie without actually putting effort into it.  His entire rant talks basically about third parties which don't even necessarily exist in the game, which seems rather silly, since as town you need to hunt the SCUM and not the third-parties.  Speaking of which, origamiscienceguy, why FOS flabort for (hypothetically) possessing a harmless role for an unaligned third-party.  If he, under your assumption that he is a thief, makes his wincon by using means that do not hurt the town, I see no reason why we should lynch him over scum.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: March 05, 2015, 02:50:38 pm »

I don't want to lynch him, I just want to see his response. The more information, the better. I just FOS'd him to make sure he would respond.

Yes, I was copying your rambling strategy because it seems to work. I am not trying to mimic you in any way. I was unaware that using someones strategy is considered mimicking.
\ His entire rant talks basically about third parties which don't even necessarily exist in the game,
We know that 3rd parties are in this game. Varee was one.
I was trying to find clues to a third party so we can narrow down the list and therefore get closer to finding scum. If my theory is correct, then the possible scum are:
Origamiscienceguy
4maskwolf
hector13
Shakerag
Deus Asmoth
Cheeetar
and Tiruin
of which 4 out of 7 are scum.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: March 05, 2015, 02:56:57 pm »

Also, all of the freaking lurking.  If lurkertracker was actually working, I'd tell you just how much lurking there is... oh hey it worked this time.  Ehem.

Since D1 start:
4maskwolf:102 posts
Deus Asmoth: 31 posts
flabort: 37 posts
hector13: 71 posts
origamiscienceguy: 118 posts
Persus13/Cheeetar: 16 posts
Shakerag: 14 posts
Tiruin: 31 posts (apparently, but the real question is how many have content)

If I'm reading this correctly, then origamiscienceguy and myself we have half of the posts of still-alive players in the thread, which is pretty impressive considering I have three rather small time-slots during the day to post anything anywhere on the forums except on weekends.  I know people have lives, but it's a problem in mafia when half of the players don't play.  flabort has basically disappeared off the face of the earth in this game, Tiruin hasn't posted anything, Persus13 just got replaced out and was actually more active just before he got replaced, and Shakerag posts from time to time but seems to post for a single two-hour-or-so timeslot on weekdays only, leading to limited interaction.  Deus Asmoth hasn't said particularly much either.  So basically, this entire game has been me, hector13, origamiscienceguy, and the now-dead players talking to each other.

PPE:
I don't want to lynch him, I just want to see his response. The more information, the better. I just FOS'd him to make sure he would respond.

Yes, I was copying your rambling strategy because it seems to work. I am not trying to mimic you in any way. I was unaware that using someones strategy is considered mimicking.
\ His entire rant talks basically about third parties which don't even necessarily exist in the game,
We know that 3rd parties are in this game. Varee was one.
I was trying to find clues to a third party so we can narrow down the list and therefore get closer to finding scum. If my theory is correct, then the possible scum are:
Origamiscienceguy
4maskwolf
hector13
Shakerag
Deus Asmoth
Cheeetar
and Tiruin
of which 4 out of 7 are scum.
You're assuming that there are two third parties because why?  Also, my ranting turned up nothing useful, didn't get people talking, so I wouldn't consider it all that effective.  I used the word mimicking not as a derrogatory phrase but just to mean that you're copying it, which you admitted to doing.  This isn't a bad thing, the bad thing was that I'm getting a sense of "trying to appear town" from your post, not the fact that you copied my posting style: do that all you want, it doesn't bother me.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: March 05, 2015, 03:02:54 pm »

This right here. How would your FoS have any effect whatsoever after you said this?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: March 05, 2015, 03:18:33 pm »

Well, it got yall's attention, so there's no way he can avoid it now.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: March 05, 2015, 03:28:33 pm »

Another way to avoid him dodging it would have been to not put it in spoiler tags and actually address it to him rather than putting it at the end of a paragraph. The only thing that made it even slightly easy to pick up on was the FoS.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 74