Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 74

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day 13: Unlucky For Some - SCUM B TEAM WIN  (Read 99742 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day Two - The-Times-They-Are-A-Changeling
« Reply #675 on: March 05, 2015, 03:55:11 pm »

Deus Asmoth:
You're just trying to flip my point here without doing anything to refute it. If a player should be equally careful regardless of alignment, how does making a mistake=scum?
Technically, I think flipping your point just negated the issue, since (as I said) you should be careful about voting whether as town or scum.  And making a mistake is not necessarily scummy, but it is something that caught my eye and made me wonder why you could have made the mistake.

I like how you're contiuing to ignore my point. You say I'm scummy for not scumhunting enough. I've pointed out that there are at least two other players in the same situation that you've ignored with little to no reason. Why are you giving Tiruin a free pass instead of asking her more questions to get a better feel for her play if you find it difficult to read her?
I suppose I am just a terrible mafia player for not being able to keep track of all players simultaneously.  However, I still don't like you saying, essentially, "You can't call me out for not scumhunting because these two players are scumhunting even less than me!"  You're trying to shift my attention off of you and on to Persus13/Tiruin, which is something that doesn't sit right with me. 

And as far as Tiruin goes, I've played a number of games with her already, so asking questions specifically to get a feel for her play isn't going to magically happen now if it hasn't already.  That said, I still try to keep an eye out for anything I can call her on anyway. 

How certain am I that the person I'm voting for is scum? How many people are still alive? How many people are voting for that person? What was the implication that I'm not town in that question supposed to do?
-Not 100%
-Bait you. 

Persus13Cheeetar:
Screw it, OSG. Peradon was actually doing exactly what you are supposed to do if you are a town player about to be lynched, which was give reads and claim as much as possible. I don't want to restart the whole giving up argument early D2, but I do think this is scummy enough to make me want to lynch you after reading through this again.
As I mentioned to 4maskwolf, I would just like to point out that we technically tell players in beginner's mafias that what Peradon was doing are scumtells. 
Damn it.  Okay, Cheeetar, what do you make of your predecessor's argument?

4maskwolf:
Shakerag posts from time to time but seems to post for a single two-hour-or-so timeslot on weekdays only, leading to limited interaction.
Still have a full-time job.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day Three - A Good Day To Be Bad
« Reply #676 on: March 05, 2015, 03:56:58 pm »

PfP: Re: I'm a Thief?
I would have taken this build no matter what alignment I was; only difference is what I would have spent it on.
For example, If I were a thief I wouldn't have bothered with so many powers, just guarding against saps/changeling, and kept most of my points open, instead of buying so may things.

So no, not a thief. Good call, though, I was hoping to be 3rd party so I could be.

Speaking of, anyone else have Inflate from day1?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: March 05, 2015, 04:33:09 pm »

flabort: Not I. What are you planning to do with your ridiculous number of points?

Shake:
Technically, I think flipping your point just negated the issue, since (as I said) you should be careful about voting whether as town or scum.  And making a mistake is not necessarily scummy, but it is something that caught my eye and made me wonder why you could have made the mistake.
If you want the actual reason for the mistake, it was caused by me making that post in the last five minutes of my lunch break and not paying close enough attention beforehand due to a variety of reasons that I'm not going to go into.

I suppose I am just a terrible mafia player for not being able to keep track of all players simultaneously.  However, I still don't like you saying, essentially, "You can't call me out for not scumhunting because these two players are scumhunting even less than me!"  You're trying to shift my attention off of you and on to Persus13/Tiruin, which is something that doesn't sit right with me.
I'm really not. I were at least two other players in the same situation as me, yet you only picked me to question about that behaviour, which I would consider useful information to bear in mind if you get me mislynched.

How certain am I that the person I'm voting for is scum? How many people are still alive? How many people are voting for that person? What was the implication that I'm not town in that question supposed to do?
-Not 100%
-Bait you. 
Bait me into...? For your question, if only three players are voting for someone out of nine and I think that there's a good chance they're scum, I would vote for them to attempt to prevent vote shenanigans at the end of the day. If there were enough votes on them that the scum team couldn't rig the lynch at the end of the day I'd probably unvote to be safe, giving the guilty conscience as my reason. If the votes were too close for it to be comfortable doing that, I'd leave my vote on them and see where it went from there.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: March 05, 2015, 04:40:36 pm »

Persus13Cheeetar:
Screw it, OSG. Peradon was actually doing exactly what you are supposed to do if you are a town player about to be lynched, which was give reads and claim as much as possible. I don't want to restart the whole giving up argument early D2, but I do think this is scummy enough to make me want to lynch you after reading through this again.
As I mentioned to 4maskwolf, I would just like to point out that we technically tell players in beginner's mafias that what Peradon was doing are scumtells. 
Damn it.  Okay, Cheeetar, what do you make of your predecessor's argument?

As I see it, Persus's argument was that voting for a person for giving reads and information to town was untenable. While it's true that Peradon was displaying with could conceivably be called a defeatist attitude, I don't necessarily think that's a scumtell at all- for example, in Paranormal 24 you lost hope for a while (and were attacked for it) but were ultimately town. I do think that OSG's vote on Peradon was very lazy, and I'm going to ask OrigamiScienceGuy to elaborate on how he thought Peradon making a 'before I get lynched'-esque post was scummy.

Um. OrigamiScienceGuy, would you elaborate on how you thought Peradon making a 'before I get lynched'-esque post is scummy?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: March 05, 2015, 05:00:47 pm »

As I see it, Persus's argument was that voting for a person for giving reads and information to town was untenable. While it's true that Peradon was displaying with could conceivably be called a defeatist attitude, I don't necessarily think that's a scumtell at all- for example, in Paranormal 24 you lost hope for a while (and were attacked for it) but were ultimately town. I do think that OSG's vote on Peradon was very lazy, and I'm going to ask OrigamiScienceGuy to elaborate on how he thought Peradon making a 'before I get lynched'-esque post was scummy.

Um. OrigamiScienceGuy, would you elaborate on how you thought Peradon making a 'before I get lynched'-esque post is scummy?
There was a long argument after day 2 started. I thought peradon was anti-town (which is the same as scummy to me) because he was giving up and guilt tripping which I can see now way of being town oriented.
Also, agreeing with Shakerag addresses exactly nothing of what I said. What I don't understand is how you can say TDS might not be scum, despite his play thus far. You claim in your post that the only thing that bothered you about TDS was his vote, which may have been RVS related, and then seemed to imply that the rest of his play was scummy. Why is his days of misinterpreting everyone less scummy than a new player's reflexive AtE?
I still think that TDS is scum. I just thought, from a strategic standpoint, that Peradon was more scummy then TDS at that moment. While I could have been wrong about TDS and he was still in RVS (I still don't believe him, but it was a possibility) Peradon's act of giving up and guilt-tripping could in no way be town-oriented. Yes, he did change after I called him out on it, but that dosn't change the fact that he still did the action.
THe jist of my argument was that I could have been wrong about TDS's actions because they could have been town-oriented, BUT, I don't see any way that giving up could benefit town.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: March 05, 2015, 05:13:51 pm »

There was a long argument after day 2 started. I thought peradon was anti-town (which is the same as scummy to me) because he was giving up and guilt tripping which I can see now way of being town oriented.[/quote
You've still yet to provide any support for that view other than two sentences which could be taken as guilt tripping if you really wanted to.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: March 05, 2015, 05:45:51 pm »

Shakerag: I didn't mean to seem like I was getting on your case, the posts that you do make are on track and relevant (for the most part).

Deus Asmoth: Wait, hold up, you have guilty conscience?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: March 05, 2015, 06:22:32 pm »

Pfp
flabort: Not I. What are you planning to do with your ridiculous number of points?
Awe. I was hoping there was at least one other person benefiting from this.

I plan to... [jokes]Kill everyone and win this game for myself[/jokes] become utterly invincible and safe from any threat. Then make sure I always know which mask is mine so that I can stay invincible. Then find a way to put an end to the scum.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: March 05, 2015, 07:21:45 pm »

Mask: No, I was just going through a hypothetical with Shakerag. Though that does remind me.

OSG, since you voted TDS based off most of his reads being neutral, do you have a more evolved list of reads? Your ramble would indicate to me that you don't, which makes me suspicious of your vote.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: March 05, 2015, 07:44:35 pm »

I haven't voted yet today. I'm putting together a list of reads right now, but I'm going through everything again first.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: March 05, 2015, 09:51:58 pm »

My readlist:

Scum
Persus13/Cheeetar: The erratic voting of previous day at nearly the last moment with, in my opinion, insufficient evidence or reasons.
Tiruin: Very slight lean due to inactivity. You give big theories that haven't came true.
Deus Asmoth: I don't see why you don't understand my logic for voting Persus. I can understand if you don't agree with it, but you still act like my vote had no rhyme or reason whatsoever.
neutral
Flabort: Your xp hogging is proven due to the ridiculous price of inflate, but I am still unsure if you are town, thief, or scum.
Hector13: You seem to be trying to pick fights. I might just be nit picking though.
Shakerag: Gives lots of facts and analysis, but a bit hard for me to follow. Also hurt by inactivity.
Town
4maskwolf: I can see where you are coming from in your accusations against me, even if I wouldn't care about most of them if our roles were switched.

Did I miss anyone?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: March 05, 2015, 10:20:52 pm »

Picking fights? I picked a fight with 4mask. Once. For non-mafia reasons. I know I can't prove that but still. One instance does not a pattern make.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: March 05, 2015, 10:23:44 pm »

You also seemed ready to continue the fight with me, or that's how I saw it.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: March 05, 2015, 10:24:25 pm »

Picking fights? I picked a fight with 4mask. Once. For non-mafia reasons. I know I can't prove that but still. One instance does not a pattern make.
To be fair, I picked that fight by being generally surly and obnoxious after the day started, so that wasn't even an instance of you picking a fight.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: March 05, 2015, 10:27:14 pm »

You also seemed ready to continue the fight with me, or that's how I saw it.

Link or it didn't happen.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 74