Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 74

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day 13: Unlucky For Some - SCUM B TEAM WIN  (Read 99737 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day Two - The-Times-They-Are-A-Changeling
« Reply #690 on: March 05, 2015, 10:32:17 pm »

After we finished arguing with eachother, you immidiately post this:

Does anyone else think Origami is buddying?

Example 1

Example 2

Example 3

Or am I just being a little too critical here?

Maybe you were just pushing the wrong buttons at the wrong time, but that felt to me like you wanted an excuse to keep going for me. I didn't want to mention is because I was fairly tired of arguing at that point.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day Three - A Good Day To Be Bad
« Reply #691 on: March 05, 2015, 10:40:42 pm »

But not at this point?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: March 05, 2015, 10:42:56 pm »

I am much less tired of arguing now. he wanted to know. I think it is more important for people o know my reasoning then to avoid arguing.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: March 05, 2015, 11:00:43 pm »

I wasn't wanted to argue then either, I wanted people's opinion on my thoughts. I thought it was buddying, but this is my 3rd/4th game, so I'm not confident on how to actually spot it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day Two - The-Times-They-Are-A-Changeling
« Reply #694 on: March 05, 2015, 11:21:40 pm »

As I see it, Persus's argument was that voting for a person for giving reads and information to town was untenable. While it's true that Peradon was displaying with could conceivably be called a defeatist attitude, I don't necessarily think that's a scumtell at all- for example, in Paranormal 24 you lost hope for a while (and were attacked for it) but were ultimately town. I do think that OSG's vote on Peradon was very lazy, and I'm going to ask OrigamiScienceGuy to elaborate on how he thought Peradon making a 'before I get lynched'-esque post was scummy.

Um. OrigamiScienceGuy, would you elaborate on how you thought Peradon making a 'before I get lynched'-esque post is scummy?
There was a long argument after day 2 started. I thought peradon was anti-town (which is the same as scummy to me) because he was giving up and guilt tripping which I can see now way of being town oriented.
You've still yet to provide any support for that view other than two sentences which could be taken as guilt tripping if you really wanted to.

Hi OSG! Would you please answer this question Deus Asmoth asked?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: March 05, 2015, 11:22:38 pm »

Which question?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: March 05, 2015, 11:23:34 pm »

Deus doesn't ask a question in that post.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: March 06, 2015, 12:20:36 am »

My bad! Implied question. Here, I'll rephrase: Would you provide support for that view other than two sentences which could be taken as guilty tripping if you really wanted to?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: March 06, 2015, 12:29:23 am »

Are you making this up? Deus Asmoth does'nt say anything in that post. He just has some quotes.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: March 06, 2015, 12:31:22 am »

It was a poorly formatted post. It's the last line in it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: March 06, 2015, 12:44:53 am »

*face palm*
I normally just glance at the quotes because I remember when they were written.

It was really only that one post that gave me the idea of guilt tripping and giving up.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: March 06, 2015, 12:51:54 am »

So that was just a really poorly reasoned vote, which I see as scummy. Without any other justification for your vote on lynching Peradon, I'm perfectly content to continue voting for you, OSG.
I've played some mafia.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: March 06, 2015, 12:57:09 am »

*sigh*
Obviously, Peradon didn't keep up his attitude of giving up. Why would he? That doesn't change the fact that he did purposefully make those remarks. I see no way that a town player would purposefully make those remarks in order to benefit the town, which is why I voted for him. In my opinion, if you do an action that has no chance of benefiting town, it is the same as benefiting scum.

What "justification" do I lack?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: March 06, 2015, 02:12:28 am »

Gwuh x_x Net problems = 2 days without my presence.
Reading up; shall make post later. Apologies ahead.

Also confirmation on powers; I received Sap (as far as memory is concerned; will cross check later). Hello Cheeetar! You're delicious too! :D

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: March 06, 2015, 04:58:28 am »

Origami, how does a town player trying to convince you he was town not benefit the town?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 74