Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 74

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day 13: Unlucky For Some - SCUM B TEAM WIN  (Read 99696 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day Three - A Good Day To Be Bad
« Reply #705 on: March 06, 2015, 05:07:17 am »

*sigh*
Obviously, Peradon didn't keep up his attitude of giving up. Why would he? That doesn't change the fact that he did purposefully make those remarks. I see no way that a town player would purposefully make those remarks in order to benefit the town, which is why I voted for him. In my opinion, if you do an action that has no chance of benefiting town, it is the same as benefiting scum.

What "justification" do I lack?

Remove purposefully- he certainly didn't accidentally make those posts, perhaps by tripping up and flailing his hands on the keyboard and then mouse to press post. He gave us his reads and all the information he could about his powers. You don't see more information to town as benefiting town?

Simply put- scum vote people because they want them dead or think it'll make them look towny, town vote people because they see them as scummy. I don't see a reason for you to have thought he was scummy, so there must be some other motive for you voting for him. (You're scum. That's the motivation.)
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: March 06, 2015, 08:49:04 am »

I said this earlier. In this kind of game, it would be easy for the scum to make a fake claim, because nobody could prove them wrong. That is why his information was not trustworthy in my opinion.

Do you see any way that giving up could benefit the town? cause I don't
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: March 06, 2015, 08:54:30 am »

Again; how does a town player trying to convince people not to lynch him not benefit the town?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: March 06, 2015, 09:05:43 am »

I'd have to request a possible replacement ahead (though obviously after Persus due to the fact that I -CAN- handle this, but my net capabilities do not agree wholly with me :I).

It is annoying and irritating. It's like being disabled on your right leg, and yet you've the will to climb Mount Everest and you totally know you can do it but most people say 'No.' ...As an obscure analogy here.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: March 06, 2015, 09:42:45 am »

Again; how does a town player trying to convince people not to lynch him not benefit the town?
At the time, nobody knew that he was town. So that question is irrelevant.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: March 06, 2015, 09:57:56 am »

At the time, nobody knew that he was town. So that question is irrelevant.
I see. So, him trying to not get lynched is scummy, unless he's town, in which case it's irrelevant.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: March 06, 2015, 10:05:52 am »

I am arguing about a much more specific strategy of his. Namely, giving up.

Everybody, I challenge you to find a way that a player giving up can possibly benefit the town.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: March 06, 2015, 10:14:02 am »

Oh sweet merciful...

Really?

This again.

This is a circular argument with neither side understanding each other.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: March 06, 2015, 10:59:44 am »

Origami, I'm going to have to ask you to back up your persistent claim that Peradon gave up on the game, because he didn't. He continued participating in the thread up until he got lynched, which is kind of the opposite of what you're claiming he did. Are you still claiming that a two sentence post that you were just about able to twist into a case was enough of a basis to lynch him over your top scum read of the day?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

No more crashes, so I should be able to finish those reads & post them tonight or on the weekend.

Yay!
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: March 06, 2015, 01:59:17 pm »

Origami, I'm going to have to ask you to back up your persistent claim that Peradon gave up on the game, because he didn't. He continued participating in the thread up until he got lynched, which is kind of the opposite of what you're claiming he did. Are you still claiming that a two sentence post that you were just about able to twist into a case was enough of a basis to lynch him over your top scum read of the day?

Once I called him out on it, he would obviously stop doing so. Please answer my question.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

But he didn't give up. He made an effort to convince people he wasn't scum. The fact it happened after you pointed it out is irrelevant.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

URRRRRRRRRRKKKKKK must we rehash this discussion again?  All this leads to is more fights.

I'm gonna go practice my monologue now, you all have fun.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But he didn't give up. He made an effort to convince people he wasn't scum. The fact it happened after you pointed it out is irrelevant.
Are you saying that it is irrelevant that he gave up in the first place?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are you saying that it is irrelevant that he gave up in the first place?
Yes, yes it is.

Giving up may be anti-town, but it is also anti-scum: a scum player giving up gains no benefit from it that a town player doesn't gain, which is usually nothing.  Giving up is thus a null-tell: while it doesn't help the town when done by town, it doesn't help the scum when done by scum, and thus is an action taken by both alignments only under emotional stress.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 74