Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 74

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day 13: Unlucky For Some - SCUM B TEAM WIN  (Read 99420 times)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile

Origami, you haven't asked me a question. If you mean the general question you put to everyone, obviously someone giving up doesn't help the town, but I'm not sure what you're trying to prove with that since it's barely even tangentially related to the point I put to you. Peradon didn't give up on the game, if he had then you pointing it out would have done nothing to alter it. I'm going to add your strawman arguments to the list of reasons why I think you're scum though.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

But he didn't give up. He made an effort to convince people he wasn't scum. The fact it happened after you pointed it out is irrelevant.
Are you saying that it is irrelevant that he gave up in the first place?
Yes.

Post in question.

It happened ~6 hours prior to deadline, and no-one else seemed likely to vote, given that they would have voted by that point if they were going to. It was a normal reaction, and he refuted 4mask's reasons for voting him (or at least the tests) so he hadn't quite given up completely yet, just knew it was going to be a hard ask.

His comments over flipping town were stupid, but then again so was your vote for him, ignoring his entire post except for the two lines that back up your argument.

PPE: Well fuck you again 4mask :P takin' the time to find the post and organise my thoughts, man, and you ninja me with everything anyway.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile

Well fuck you again 4mask :P takin' the time to find the post and organise my thoughts, man, and you ninja me with everything anyway.
Someone just got put in my signature once I get around to it.  On the other hand, what I said and what you said are entirely different: you are refuting the idea that Peradon gave up, I was refuting that giving up is a scumtell.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile

obviously someone giving up doesn't help the town.
That is why I voted Peradon.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Is this your sole reason for voting Peradon over anyone and anything else during that time?
Did you consider any other viewpoint regarding what would occur--as stated by many others back there?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I agree that there were probably better ways of going about it, but at the time, nobody mentioned them. I am just saying what my reasoning was when it happened.

Everybody who is voting for me, what are the reasons why you are voting for me?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day Three - A Good Day To Be Bad
« Reply #726 on: March 06, 2015, 03:14:59 pm »

Also Origami, 'cause all you seem to have done for the past in-game day or so is make nice, and I'm still not happy with the way you moved your vote on D1.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, what would make you happy then?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile

Peradon. Did. Not. Give. Up. Quote mining me and ignoring my arguments does not change that fact. This is why I'm voting for you.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

... You're not even going to point to the part about making nice? What?

I told you what doesn't make me happy. We had a very long argument about it, and I added to that just now. Do you not want me to point to all the posts you've made thanking people or apologising and not actually adding to the game?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile

OSG: I'm voting for you because your reasons for voting for Peradon were very silly. In defending your reasons, you're misrepresenting what has happened. You're doubling down on a very suspicious thing, and I don't see the way you're doing it as anything but scummy.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

... You're not even going to point to the part about making nice? What?

I told you what doesn't make me happy. We had a very long argument about it, and I added to that just now. Do you not want me to point to all the posts you've made thanking people or apologising and not actually adding to the game?
That was a rhetorical question. I was pointing out how nothing I do is gonna make you happy.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day One - Pixie Peril!
« Reply #732 on: March 06, 2015, 03:26:33 pm »

Ok, so I know unless some of the lurkers come out of the woodworks to vote for TDS, I'm going to get lynched. So, I'm going to go ahead and post my reads for analysis when I flip town:
Anyway, I'll reveal my powers and such if there is no chance that I get saved. For now, my fate is in your hands.
This looks like giving up to me.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile

It doesn't to me. Sorry!
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But do you see where I'm coming from? Do you at least see my logic?
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 74