Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 74

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day 13: Unlucky For Some - SCUM B TEAM WIN  (Read 99689 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

Calling it now; Hector and OSG are both scum on opposing teams, trying to eliminate the other team before too many town are dead.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

Well, with an empty statement like that, it must be true. How do we even know if there is more than one scum team anyway?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile

I haven't even voted today. I am trying to make myself understood.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile

But do you see where I'm coming from? Do you at least see my logic?

I can understand how you can see that as defeatist language. What I don't understand is why you see it as scummy behaviour, or why you believed he deserved to be lynched for that alone.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I see it as scummy because ther is NO way that it can benefit town.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Got to give him credit, he's sticking to his guns.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile

I've already explained to you that he was giving his reads and his role- you don't see there being any way that can benefit town...?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As I've already said, it would be simple for a scum member to just make that up. There is no credibility in those statements.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile

Just because it's possible for somebody to lie, you do not then assume that everybody is lying.
I've played some mafia.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile

As I've already said, it would be simple for a scum member to just make that up. There is no credibility in those statements.
So, there was no way that him posting his reads and role could have helped the town because he made them up in an attempt to stay alive while at the same time giving up? You seem to be arguing for two mutually exclusive reads that you had on Perradon.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

yea, that does sound bad. But at the time, that whole post just looked to me like a no-quarter attempt at saving oneself. If this situation would have come again, I would have definitely acted differently.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can I ask what we're hoping to accomplish by continuing to question Origami over this? He's not giving any different answers, irrespective of how the question is phrased.

I think we've convinced him that voting someone for "giving up" makes him look scummy, but beyond that I don't really see what can be derived from flogging the dead horse.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am just trying to say what was going through my head when I voted Peradon.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile

Sorry all, busy day.  I'll try to post on the weekend (gasp!) to make up for it.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

ppe sorry my post is non-content
Sorry all, busy day.  I'll try to post on the weekend (gasp!) to make up for it.
It's the end of the world as we know it... And I feel fine about you posting on the weekend, I even encourage it more often ;)
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 74