Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day 13: Unlucky For Some - SCUM B TEAM WIN  (Read 101350 times)

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day 13: Unlucky For Some - SCUM B TEAM WIN
« Reply #1065 on: March 18, 2015, 04:38:51 am »

I guess am still piss with randomly getting killed :P it not much for the mafia but desperately killing rnadom people when you are about to be lynch is @#$#$@#%!@#!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: March 18, 2015, 06:00:03 am »

Like i say, if we did no lynch d1 and maybe d2 this game might turn out differently.
I really don't see how you figure that, aside from flabort maybe needing a few more quick hammers to finish off the last town.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: March 18, 2015, 06:33:27 am »

I think he's saying he could have won, which is quite possible.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: March 18, 2015, 08:51:23 am »

This game might have turned out differently if the serial killer had been more interested in killing. Hector could have thrown Infects and kills without limit.

I was working toward that, but got changeling'd with crap D1 :P thanks Shakerag.

Then Tiruin threw out the whole "someone has poison/infect!" and that kind of scared me away from buying infect because then I thought there would be mass buying of immune and/or circumspect. Perhaps I just thought too highly of everyone heh.

Then DA killed me when I got booby-trap :( bitch.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: March 18, 2015, 11:51:06 am »

The funny thing was, the only Infection in the game was done after Tiruin falsely claimed that people were using Infect.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: March 18, 2015, 11:52:52 am »

The funny thing was, the only Infection in the game was done after Tiruin falsely claimed that people were using Infect.
:I
...What was I supposed to infer, when nothing changed when I cleansed myself? D:
It was reasonable, right? :-\
...What really happened?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: March 18, 2015, 12:02:59 pm »

...What was I supposed to infer, when nothing changed when I cleansed myself? D:
...What really happened?
You were blocked. You were blocked almost every day in this game.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: March 18, 2015, 12:20:28 pm »

...What really happened?
You were blocked. You were blocked almost every day in this game.
...ah.
Someone loved me so hard, they encased me in Lego.

Well, at least I love those blocks ;~;
Thanks. :I

So mean.
Much torture.
Ahh.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: March 18, 2015, 04:49:55 pm »

I was suspicious of flabort and 4maskwolf late D1 and D2 too. Gaaah.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: March 18, 2015, 05:21:38 pm »

Seriously though, was tiruin and I the only ones who saw that flabort was scum at day 7?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: March 18, 2015, 05:24:16 pm »

Seriously though, was tiruin and I the only ones who saw that flabort was scum at day 7?
I did at D1 :D

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: March 18, 2015, 05:33:59 pm »

You were scum as well, though. Your opinion meant nothing to the town.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: March 18, 2015, 06:36:27 pm »

time for a 4maskwolf breakdown of powers and autos and flaws: what should stay, what should go?

In my opinion, the following powers need to be removed or revised:

Inflate: needs to go.  It doesn't actually serve the purpose it was intended for and is simply a way to cheese the system.
Deflate: Also needs to go.
Perhaps simply nerfing Inflate so that it can't self target, or simply making it so that selling powers always sells at either the price you bought it or at starting price could solve this issue.

Chat: needs to go, as it is useless and contributes to power bloat
Gossip: needs to go, it is only useful as a part of incredibly convoluted scum schemes with low-yield and serves as part of the game's power-bloat
Agreed on Chat, but Gossip is fine because it gives the blatant report a degree of uncertainty at the end of day which is a bit necessary.

Autoblock: needs to either have a counter or be removed
Easiest counter would probably be jacking up the price a couple of points.

Santa: needs to go, is contributing to the power creep of the game.
You fine with Bless?

Workout: is entirely pointless.  needs to go, contributing to power bloat.
Agreed

Raise zombie: really not worth including in the game, contributing to power bloat, it and the necromancer should probably go.
Agreed that these should go unless they can be made more appealing in some fashion.

Booby-trap, grand-swap, and pardon: should all go, they are either fairly useless or blatantly overpowered or just a pain in the ass and not worth it.
Agreed on Booby-trap. Pardon might be salvageable if it gets changed and made so Self-Pardon isn't allowed. Grand Swap would be cool if anyone ever used it.

All actions are processed in 24-hour blocks.  Once the day starts, the first actions are resolved at the 24 hour mark, and all actions sent in by that time are resolved in an order determined by a resolution chart, and every 24 hours after that actions are once again resolved.
I second this suggestion. This also gives less of an advantage to players in NQT's timezone or around it.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: March 18, 2015, 07:32:39 pm »

I know if I don't do this now, I'll forget all the insights when I go to amend it later. Here's a more streamlined version of the power list. (Let's put aside for now how real-time the game will be.) Let's assume players start with 5xp again. I've got rid of all the powers/autos/flaws that made my life too difficult and made protect more powerful by removing unstoppable. I've got rid of blocking because redirecting is way more interesting. Probably some other changes I'd want to make, but should be less bloated and more straightforward on the whole.

Spoiler: Masquerade Power List (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Alignments (click to show/hide)

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: March 18, 2015, 09:46:55 pm »

I think you should bring back changeling, also maybe make grand swap cheaper, maybe 8 so it is more appealing and maybe recall too. And maybe make hide go off before any other action if queued. Hasty is not as useful for the point cost . Also an inspect power that tell you a msk role might be good too.
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74