Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day 13: Unlucky For Some - SCUM B TEAM WIN  (Read 99710 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafias - Day 13: Unlucky For Some - SCUM B TEAM WIN
« Reply #1080 on: March 18, 2015, 10:56:44 pm »

The one use 5xp grand swap seems like it'd be pretty useful for scum.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: March 18, 2015, 11:04:22 pm »

In both Masquerade games scum have never mask swapped or grand swapped. I think mostly because their strategies have revolved around targeting themselves.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: March 19, 2015, 12:16:59 am »

Seriously though, was tiruin and I the only ones who saw that flabort was scum at day 7?
You were scum as well, though. Your opinion meant nothing to the town.
Oi, he meant something to the town! I didn't think of Origami as scum!

But yeah, I somehow didn't listen to my intuition agaaaaain in seeing flabort as scum -_-
WHY DIDN'T YOU KILL ME THOUGH D:

I know if I don't do this now, I'll forget all the insights when I go to amend it later. Here's a more streamlined version of the power list. (Let's put aside for now how real-time the game will be.) Let's assume players start with 5xp again. I've got rid of all the powers/autos/flaws that made my life too difficult and made protect more powerful by removing unstoppable. I've got rid of blocking because redirecting is way more interesting. Probably some other changes I'd want to make, but should be less bloated and more straightforward on the whole.

Spoiler: Masquerade Power List (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Alignments (click to show/hide)

NQT ;~;
The available combination would be a desirable poison/infect scumteam though. Given the cost-point bonus, I don't seemingly see the marker of 'poison/infect = scumkill' there :<

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: March 19, 2015, 12:22:47 am »

But yeah, I somehow didn't listen to my intuition agaaaaain in seeing flabort as scum -_-
Because you kept saying that I seemed town, so I figured it would spread misinformation; and because I thought due to timezones and such that you'd be unable to pull off any anti-god-flabort plan.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: March 19, 2015, 12:28:46 am »

Because you kept saying that I seemed town, so I figured it would spread misinformation; and because I thought due to timezones and such that you'd be unable to pull off any anti-god-flabort plan.
You...did note that my ability log pretty much noted my...lack of power, right? :P

I still would've liked to see you kill us all, like the mustachio'd villain you were, this game.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: March 19, 2015, 12:32:53 am »

NQT ;~;
The available combination would be a desirable poison/infect scumteam though. Given the cost-point bonus, I don't seemingly see the marker of 'poison/infect = scumkill' there :<
Uh, are you trying to say that poison and infect are currently too expensive?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: March 19, 2015, 12:38:27 am »

NQT ;~;
No, I mean, they are useful and pretty balanced, but it isn't (for me anyway) noted that it contributes to the scumkill limit.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: March 19, 2015, 12:54:31 am »

NQT ;~;
No, I mean, they are useful and pretty balanced, but it isn't (for me anyway) noted that it contributes to the scumkill limit.
Oh, I didn't put the full rules up. As in this game, they still contribute to the scum kill limit.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: March 19, 2015, 01:42:37 am »

If a townie is infected by mafia and then infects other people, do both of them die the day after or only one, regarding the scum kill limit?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: March 19, 2015, 01:58:18 am »

Also, the scum teams were unfair. Scum team B knew that there were two scum teams while Scum team A didn't.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: March 19, 2015, 02:01:58 am »

If a townie is infected by mafia and then infects other people, do both of them die the day after or only one, regarding the scum kill limit?
Both: secondary infections don't count towards the scum team limit.

Also, the scum teams were unfair. Scum team B knew that there were two scum teams while Scum team A didn't.
I don't think I explicitly told either team but it was obvious to both.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: March 19, 2015, 02:27:30 am »

If a scum person is infected by a townie and then infects other townies, does that count towards the scum team limit? What if he's infected by a member of his own team?
I've played some mafia.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: March 19, 2015, 03:20:01 am »

If a scum person is infected by a townie and then infects other townies, does that count towards the scum team limit? What if he's infected by a member of his own team?
Ooh, good question. If you infect someone (knowingly or otherwise) then that kill counts as yours. If a scum player is infected and infects someone else, that death would count towards the scum team limit.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: March 19, 2015, 04:11:09 am »

Neat. So does that mean no more than 1 person can ever be knowingly infected by scum at a time, or they can be infected but only one will die from it?
I've played some mafia.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: March 19, 2015, 11:30:19 am »

They can be infected, but only one person will die
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74