Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30

Author Topic: [RPG] ⚔Dueling Blades⚔ - Competitive Dungeon Crawling [OOC] (Waitlist)  (Read 37030 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

Is it even possible to bridge the gap with the table?

Granted it'll probably splinter and crack under the weight anyways.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If I make my sheet freely editable will you keep track of stuff like you were for GUNINANRUNIN?
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile

If I make my sheet freely editable will you keep track of stuff like you were for GUNINANRUNIN?
Yes.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes.
Thanks! Dunno if making it editable changed the link, so here it is again.
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In light of how apparent it is that bleeding can quickly get out of hand and become impossible for a novice to fix, and because I recently took a first aid course, I've added a new rule to help boost the survival of characters suffering from severe bleeding:

A tourniquet can also be applied using a bandage (makeshift or otherwise) and any blunt stick-like object that can be scavenged to tighten it. The DC is twice the total VP/round loss to apply a tourniquet, which will stop damage to VP and prevent death, but deal limb damage instead. Tourniquets can only be applied to bleeding inflicted on major or minor limbs. Yes, this includes the head; you can tourniquet their neck if you really want to, but if their head is crippled by the bleeding they’re going to die anyway.

This should add to the growing usefulness of healing-oriented characters in spite of the high lethality of the system, since now you can effectively prevent death or permanent injury from even extreme bleeding by applying a tourniquet to the wound, and then making a Heal check to prevent the limb from being permanently crippled once the bleeding is stopped.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile

Oh sweet. That's gonna be really useful. Also, do I need to update my sheet with the XP or is that done for us?
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's your responsibility, but I'll do it if you don't if your sheet is editable.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile

Ayt, cool. I'll update it on my own, don't worry.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ronald loses 2 more XP points, Darek loses 3 because I forgot to count him on Monday.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Suggestion: Crafting materials materials

So based on what I understood earlier, you indeed would have allowed us to make bucklers out of the wooden planks that we found during our next rank if we just had Craft:tools armousmithing, but in the rules you don't really have any documentation about how to stat something that is made of an inferior material, so I thought of this.

Spoiler: Material chart (click to show/hide)
Also I should probably mention that you can't sell any of the items that you made with improper materials.

So what do you think? It can be expanded with things like Obsidian and such and adding materials of varying qualities may be fun loot for a crafting character. It doesn't have to be too complicated, it might just only include the stuff in the above table I made.

This also solves problems such as leather armour, Sure a professional armorer might only make stuff with the best materials but an amateur might just want to scrounge up anything they can find and improvise it into protection. Also it makes it so we don't have to worry about house ruling penalties on items made from improper materials. Remember when someone wanted to make something out of bone and you said that you would add a bunch of penalties if that happened, now those penalties are official with my idea.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 10:33:29 am by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I used to have specific materials, but I removed them because they overcomplicated the crafting process and were extremely hard to work seamlessly into the system. Also, "bone/leather/stone/wood" being inferior to metal armor is not actually accurate to real-life crafting, which is why I replaced the material system with the quality system in the first place, and it makes no sense that you wouldn't be able to sell items you made with "improper" materials (why wouldn't people want to buy them?). So, no, I won't be taking this particular suggestion, and I don't remember saying that I would add penalties for making items out of bone.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would allow them to be used as an ingredient in crafting, but they would either have no effect or a negative effect on the weapon's stats.
This was what I meant, I was just trying to think of a way of preventing that from merely being house ruled-in.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would allow them to be used as an ingredient in crafting, but they would either have no effect or a negative effect on the weapon's stats.
This was what I meant, I was just trying to think of a way of preventing that from merely being house ruled-in.
Well, you're forgetting the part where I said "no effect."
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, understood

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Salsacookies and Pencil_Art are out of XP to deduct and still haven't fixed their character sheets, so I'm opening discussion on what should be done with their characters.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30