Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30

Author Topic: [RPG] ⚔Dueling Blades⚔ - Competitive Dungeon Crawling [OOC] (Waitlist)  (Read 35453 times)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [RPG] ⚔Dueling Blades⚔ - Competitive Dungeon Crawling
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2015, 11:38:30 pm »

Ok, I relooked at the sheet, I dont think I'll be able to join. Sorry.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2015, 11:48:41 pm »

I thought I explained it well enough, but I'll add a visual aid.
You did explain it well enough but only in summary.
The two tiles adjacent to those tiles, and the two tiles opposite those two
tiles, are considered “side” tiles, and a flanking attack made from those tiles would downgrade
the target’s evasion dice once.
This was the confusing part. It talks about the "two tiles opposite those two tiles" but in my head I was trying to figure out how that worked because there are four tiles adjacent to it, not counting diagonals. You cleared it up in summary but see if you can word it better initially. The visual aid should remain there simply because it's so damn clear and useful.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2015, 11:51:40 pm »

If I changed "opposite" to "adjacent to," would that make it clearer?
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2015, 11:59:35 pm »

Instead of "The two tiles adjacent to those tiles, and the two tiles opposite those two tiles", have "The two tiles adjacent to those tiles and the defender, and the two tiles adjacent to those and the defender". That should sort out all confusion.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2015, 12:05:21 am »

I assumed that would be taken for granted since it's talking about a melee attack, but I will change it to that wording. By the way, the book makes no mention of it, but these are the tiles for flanking attacks with Reach weapons:

FrontFrontFront
FrontFrontYouFrontFront
SideSideThemSideSide
SideSideBackSideSide
BackBackBack
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2015, 12:09:27 am »

Anyways, this is my attempt at a sheet. Tell me if it's proper (I haven't wrote down a back-story yet).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qmNdut65HtgqiACi759FhNRzRLQVzcRXNeLatZ-IPFY/edit#gid=0

Also I choose Solgeid
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2015, 12:10:01 am »

You need to share it before anyone else can see it.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2015, 12:10:15 am »

To disarm an adjacent target, the attacker must either have both hands free, be wielding a flail-type weapon, or be wielding a weapon that has the ‘Disarm’ property...
Oh boy.

EDIT: Perhaps I should PM you the problems I find with the mechanics?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 12:16:26 am by Andres »

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2015, 12:16:59 am »

With respect, that's something that's fairly well-embedded in the mechanics (and added in the first place partly to give flails some kind of use), so you'll just have to put up with it.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2015, 12:54:10 am »

Holy crap there's a lot of stuff! This is excellent! One thing I noticed is that a double-headed axe does +8 damage compared to a regular axe. How does it do that much more damage when an attack can only be made with with one head? I'm guessing it's because of the extra weight but why not just tack on an actual, blunt weight? Less chance of injuring yourself or allies and it can be used as a blunt weapon in a pinch.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2015, 12:58:33 am »

You'll notice that the double-headed axe weighs more than the regular axe. It's meant to imply that this is the axe:
http://larp.swords24.eu/images/products/en/Gaelic_2nd_Edition_Axe_80cm_G2080-05N.jpg
And this is the double-headed axe:
http://kultofathena.com/images%5C2600_4_l.jpg

So the double-headed axe is longer and heavier than the regular axe, which is why it deals more damage. But really, it just does more damage because it's the next "tier" in axe weapons. What else would you call it?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 02:15:32 am by Squeegy »
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [RPG] ⚔Dueling Blades⚔ - Competitive Dungeon Crawling [OOC]
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2015, 01:52:42 am »

Two-handed axe? Long axe?
Spoiler: Long Axe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Great Axe (click to show/hide)
If you put them side-by-side you'll find the great axe is bigger and would thus do more damage, correlating with the difference in their stats stats.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2015, 01:59:28 am »

The double-headed axe is supposed to be bigger too. But it's not supposed to be two-handed, though I suppose it could be. Maybe I'll just change it to a 2H long axe.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2015, 02:09:59 am »

Considering the large increase in damage, it makes sense if you do. Also, could you perhaps spoiler those images? They're pretty big.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2015, 07:15:00 am »

Ok, I think I made my sheet shared this time, I also enabed editing so the GM can make any small modifications to it that he deems fit.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qmNdut65HtgqiACi759FhNRzRLQVzcRXNeLatZ-IPFY/edit?usp=sharing
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30