Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 30

Author Topic: [RPG] ⚔Dueling Blades⚔ - Competitive Dungeon Crawling [OOC] (Waitlist)  (Read 36618 times)

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
Re: [RPG] ⚔Dueling Blades⚔ - Competitive Dungeon Crawling [OOC]
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2015, 01:18:04 pm »

You need to enter your weapon's stats. And spend your Specialization upgrade. e: Oh yeah, and you'll need to buy some clothing unless you want to be completely naked.

Fuck, I just realized that I didn't put any room to list your money. I'm gonna need to give you guys a new sheet.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 02:28:54 pm by Squeegy »
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [RPG] ⚔Dueling Blades⚔ - Competitive Dungeon Crawling [OOC] (8/?)
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2015, 06:20:05 pm »

Ok, now I think my sheet is ready. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IB0PCEBwa-g_OMoCFwMwqP5W9wVX7FbqeyVoOP0xxUk/edit?usp=sharing

Except back-story, I'll add that later
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 06:25:30 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2015, 07:03:45 pm »

Your attack dice are 1d8-1, not 1d7. Your acrobatics bonus should be 0. Otherwise, it looks good. I'll check the numbers later.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2015, 07:20:04 pm »

I thought I got an acrobatics bonus for putting one rank in acrobatics?

Also fixed attack dice, I'll send you a PM with a link that will allow you edit my sheet.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2015, 07:50:28 pm »

I thought I got an acrobatics bonus for putting one rank in acrobatics?

Also fixed attack dice, I'll send you a PM with a link that will allow you edit my sheet.
Oh, in that case your bonus is 1. You had it set to "-1", and I assumed it was because you had mistakenly interpreted the effects of inventory weight.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2015, 07:54:22 pm »

How do I actually write stuff on the spreadsheet? What do I do?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2015, 08:13:30 pm »

You need a Google Drive account and to be logged into it. Then, hit File -> Make a copy. Give your copy a unique name, and you will be able to edit it.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2015, 08:21:17 pm »

It tells how to physically change the spread sheet in the PDF section 2.2
PS. you need to sign into a google account, If you don't have one I can make a spreadsheet for you and then give you editing rights without giving you my account password

Hope this helps, I would recommend first going to the equipment tab in the PDF, It explains what 35d means (it's currency, d stands for penny). I would then recommend going for the bare essentials:full set of clothing (or partial set if you want to walk around shirtless or shoeless), water, 1 flask, a few rations.

Then after that with your leftover d(pennies) buy a weapon of your choosing (or go in unarmed, fists have decent stats, almost as good as a dagger). You also have to choose the quality of your weapon( as seen in the equipment section), a small fee is charged the higher quality you make you weapon (I would recommend poor quality). You can also buy anything else you might want

After you get your equipment, I would recommend looking at the skills menu and then choose skills to your liking. You have 4 "skill points" that you can put into acquiring new skills, ranking up skills, acquiring a knack (once prerequisites are met) or increasing your vitality points by 2.

After that go to section 2 and look at whatever you missed

NINJAED

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2015, 08:24:17 pm »

I'm going to have to keep working on this sheet, but wanted to get up what I have. General idea: alchemist with thrown potions.

Svante, The Alchemist
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2015, 08:42:53 pm »

That's a pretty neat concept, but you should be aware that crafting potions is a lengthy process and you'll need to have somewhere to buy the ingredients from. This is all accomplishable in the game you're going to play, and you might choose to craft your potions when your party takes a break to sleep, but if you want to make them in quantity your party might have to stop for several days, allowing the other team to get ahead of you.

Of course, you could also just buy potions, but you don't need to be an alchemist for that.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2015, 08:50:22 pm »

Out of curiosity, where do we learn the recipes for potions since they need specific ingredients?

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2015, 08:53:36 pm »

You don't need to learn the recipes. You just need a set of Crafting Tools: Alchemy, and to pay for the ingredients at a shop.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2015, 09:12:53 pm »

I'm still interested, just haven't figured out how to type in the chat sheet. I'm trying to type it on a phone, so that may be the issue. Anyway, I'm planning to be a dual wielding berserker, is there a bloodlust or rage knack? Haven't read into those yet
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2015, 09:17:03 pm »

There's no rage knack, but Ambidextrous plus the Crushing Blade Doctrine knack tree and some Stoneskin knacks should give you a pretty well-rounded dual-wielding berserker, assuming you use swords. If not, the Blunt, Axe, and Flail knack trees have the best barbarian knacks. The closest thing there is to a "rage" or "bloodlust" knack is the Brawling stances, which you can turn on and off at will for various bonuses.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2015, 09:19:21 pm »

I plan to use axes, erratic movement looks good, a fast, hard to hit, hard hitting berserker
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 30