Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LIII: Wolf Pack - Game Over! Scum Win!  (Read 37014 times)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LIII: Wolf Pack - Day 2: Winter is Coming
« Reply #255 on: March 06, 2015, 11:26:26 pm »

Nerjin: With your RL stuff going on, can you handle this? You havent posted hardly anything, and you claim RL stuff. If you cant handle it, please replace out. If you can, please say so, and post more. My vote stays on you until you say something more substantial. I dont want this to be a lurk to victory.

Cryxis: If you can handle this, perhaps you could post your thoughts on people so far. Anything, really, just make it a little larger than two lines.

So, I'll post my reads so far:

Scummiest

Nerjin: Isnt posting. He said that he would be busy for about 3 days, but those days are past now, and he still isnt posting. Scum read.
ggamer: Here for the roo bandwagon and lurking. He looks like he can organise his thoughts, and hasnt claimed that he is having trouble with this. Scum-null read.
Hector: Buddying pretty much. I dont know if I was seeing things there or not, but I dont like it. He's hunting a little though. Scum-null.
Cryxis: Coming across as a noob. Newb read.
UXLZ: Fairly null. He's been posting quite a bit, but not really asking questions.
Jack A T: Been scumhunting the most out of us. Town-null read.

Towniest
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 07, 2015, 07:31:18 am »

Blech, sorry, I've been in town all day (11 hours) and only just got back. I'll try and post something tomorrow.)
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 07, 2015, 10:26:12 am »

Ya I seriously don't know what to think of the other players, I don't know what I'm doing to analyze them.
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 07, 2015, 02:08:35 pm »

Ya I seriously don't know what to think of the other players, I don't know what I'm doing to analyze them.
Do you have any thoughts about who might be mafia? If so, why?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 07, 2015, 02:19:08 pm »

Alright children, I’m back from a long leave of whatever because it’s Spring Break now and I can try to dedicate more time to this. Sorry about all the life that happened.

Okay people keep getting on me over my lack of activity. Most of my week looked like this:
Quote from: Most of my week
Wake Up: 7:30
Leave for School: 7:45-ish
Arrive at School: 8:45-ish
Classes: 9-12-ish
No Computer Access: 12-2-ish
Home: 3-ish
Leave Home: 5:45
Work: 6-10
Leave Work: 10
Home: 10:15
Shower: 10:20
Sleep: 11-ish.

So I’m sorry about that but can ya please get off my back over this? I didn’t choose to work that often. I usually only work 2 days a week [because I only need to work that much] but this week a bunch of people quit so I didn’t have the opportunity to play as much as I like. After this I will not be addressing questions about my lurk status in this post.

Spoiler: Question for Nerjin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cryxis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GGgamer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Peradon (click to show/hide)

Unvote I don’t know if I’m right here but I think maybe Cryxis really is just having a bunch of issues in the game. I don’t know. I’ll try re-reading the thread either today or tomorrow and see if I can’t spot anything I missed.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 07, 2015, 02:40:29 pm »

No I don't know who is mafia, I don't have any guesses either.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 07, 2015, 02:50:27 pm »

Why are you not convinced? Do you not answer questions in context of the question?

Usually when one answers questions it is in a logical manner. You just seem to cry wolf [har har har] and leave it alone hoping that we’ll accept that Hector is buddying you. You're better than this. We all know you are. Why are you trying to act like this is the best you can do?
What? You arent making sense here. I pointed out that I always answer questions in context of the question, and asking him if he does the same, because he was judging, saying that it wasnt in context of the question.

I dont understand your logic. Why would this not be the best I can do? I'm defending myself based what actually happened.

Maybe I just dont understand what you're saying. Please elaborate.
I understand that it was a temporary read. But thats part of what makes me [worry]: that makes no sense. Why would you set up a temporary read? It does nothing at all.
It means he temporarily found you town. Glad I could sink your whole case by pointing out basic logic.
And explain to me how a temporary read makes sense? Its closing your mind and not taking into concideration that I could be scum. What that looks like to me is that he "temporaraly" trusts me, based on very little evidence. I didnt like this.

You want to know the real reason I backed off of him? It was partly because I was reading the theory on buddying, and it said that it is equally a town tell as it is a scum tell. That, and I realised I gave him a slight town read also due to his activity.
Something you didn't really help by voting me but day got extended so it's all good.

Anyways: I explained that I voted Roo because he was acting very anti-town with his Blabbering [or apparently culture clash and flailing under pressure which I can't really blame him for knowing what I do now.] Cases that made no sense.
I put my vote on who seems the most scummy to me so far, which is you. I forgot about the extend also...

As people have said several times, anti-town does not mean scum. Did you think he was scum or town?
I find it interesting that you posted that not too terribly long before day end. Trying to make sure you had an out in case your no-lynch plan didn’t work?
No, I posted that because you are the most scummy person I see. The fact that it was close to day end was coincidence.

By the language you are using, you seem awefully convinced that I'm scum. If thats so, why not just vote for me?
Also, what exactly is your case against me?

No I don't know who is mafia, I don't have any guesses either.
Do you have any thoughts on who might be town?

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 07, 2015, 02:51:31 pm »

Ggamer and UXLZ maybe? If I had to take a guess
I don't know .-.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 07, 2015, 02:54:06 pm »

Ggamer and UXLZ maybe? If I had to take a guess
I don't know .-.
Any reason in particular?

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 07, 2015, 03:19:58 pm »

Not really :/
Just seems like a safe guess for no reason in particular .-.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 08, 2015, 11:14:19 am »

Mm... Apologies for taking so long to get this up.

Quote from: Hecotr
UXLZ, you've had time to go over the game, but you're being very reactive, answering questions but not asking anything. You don't seem to be doing much, if any, scumhunting. Why is that?

Most of the things that I would be scumhunting for (e.g. what Cryxis is doing) aren't really reliable in a newbie game. There's stuff I could push on but it's mostly going to lead to a bunch of false-positives. I'd actually consider scumhunting in a newbie game harder than doing so in a game full of experienced players, simply because you have to try and take the newbiness into account...

Quote from: Peradon
And explain to me how a temporary read makes sense? Its closing your mind and not taking into concideration that I could be scum. What that looks like to me is that he "temporaraly" trusts me, based on very little evidence. I didnt like this.

I believe it's already been explained, but reads are by their nature temporary. A town read for example, rather than saying 'I'm not considering that you're scum' says 'Your actions thus far incline me to believe that you're town.'
It would be more concerning to see reads that were not temporary, if I'm honest.

Blech, seeing as the day will likely end by the time I wake up tomorrow, I'm going to vote for Peradon. He's not giving me flagrant !!!newbie reads as Cryxis and Gamer are (though that may be my own failure) and I feel like his behavior is scummy enough to warrant a vote. Unfortunately, it still isn't a particularly strong read and if it weren't for the deadline coming up I probably wouldn't be voting, it's just the 'strongest' at the moment... He was at the top of my reads list, and hasn't really done anything to convince me otherwise.

I'm really playing quite weakly this game, sorry about that.

Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 08, 2015, 05:05:15 pm »

i'll go through D1 tonight and post, i've just got some homework do do first

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 08, 2015, 06:38:36 pm »

I believe it's already been explained, but reads are by their nature temporary. A town read for example, rather than saying 'I'm not considering that you're scum' says 'Your actions thus far incline me to believe that you're town.'
It would be more concerning to see reads that were not temporary, if I'm honest.

You arent understanding me. What I mean by temporary, is that the read automatically expires after a certain amount of time. In this case, hector was saying that it would expire as soon as people started posting again. To set up a read like that does absolutley nothing but close your mind for that time.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 08, 2015, 07:49:57 pm »

You arent understanding me. What I mean by temporary, is that the read automatically expires after a certain amount of time. In this case, hector was saying that it would expire as soon as people started posting again. To set up a read like that does absolutley nothing but close your mind for that time.

How do you know what was going through my mind? I don't like how you appear to be trying to convince everyone about my thought processes when you can't possibly know that much about them. You can assume, yes, but that's a foolish thing to do when I can just go "er... no"

It would be more accurate to describe it as relative rather than temporary. You were the only person I had a read on because you were the only person posting. Given the situation (every town on the wagon D1, not much else beyond my argument with roo to analyse) I thought a scum player wouldn't want to encourage everyone else to get active and scum hunt. This is not to say that I would refuse to consider you as scum, but based on that, you were getting towncred.

Considering you thought I was buddying you and proceeded to vote for me based on that, you get scumcred, so you're sitting around a scum-lean for me.

I don't have enough of a read on the other players to feel comfortable saying categorically that someone is or is not scum, which is why I'm not going to vote unless there is a great rash of activity between now and the deadline. I'd prefer to extend again (I think we can have two per day) seeing as not much has happened since the last one (13 posts, by my count) and not everyone has posted (or posted anything informative)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 08, 2015, 08:09:14 pm »

Okay. Maybe we need to explain in detail what we each think one means when they say "Temporary Read" because this is getting really old. Everyone else understands this Peradon.

Temporary Read = The feeling that the person in question belongs to a certain alignment based on evidence that available at the time.

Allow me to explain deeper.

Hector viewed you as town because you were active and making sense with your reads. So he said that he read you as town. IGNORE THE FACT THAT HE SAID TEMPORARY! It is a flavor word in the gist of what he said. It didn't matter. He didn't say "I am ignoring the fact that you could ever be scum" or "You are 100% town and I will never change my mind" or "Golly gee Peradon you are such a swell town fellow".

He only said that he viewed you as town at the moment. Reads change. Eternal reads are wrong reads.

No... We all understand what you're saying. You just won't listen. Temporary, in the context he used it, would be akin to saying current. In this context what he said was that you seemed most town out of everyone for now. He didn't say he was closing his mind or ignoring evidence. He thought you were town BECAUSE of evidence. Dude! BRO! You are smart. I know you are smart. You are good at this game. Please understand this so we can move on! Did I explain adequately? DO I NEED TO ELABORATE!!!?
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21