Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LIII: Wolf Pack - Game Over! Scum Win!  (Read 36676 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LIII: Wolf Pack - Day One Has Begun!
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2015, 08:26:12 pm »

Hopefully it won't. This is something of a meta thing that I'm hoping to engender, that my scum play is indistinguishable from my town play. Or is it my town play being indistinguishable from my scum play..?

I'll at least be able to apply the things I learned as scum to my scumhunting though, so hopefully I'll be better at that.

Will your playstyle change, knowing some of the more experienced players a bit better in this game, and hopefully having gained a bit more experience from the last game?

I also share your disdain for RVS, it's an awful, awful thing trying to figure out what questions to ask when you don't really have any basis for them...

Peradon, what do you think of the newer players?

Cryxis, will you be claiming clone in this too? How do you expect being Prince of Doom will influence this game? Why did you kill the alpha?

roo who do you think you'll night-kill first?

ggamer Assume you're cop. Who do you investigate first, and why?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2015, 08:29:37 pm »

Ok then...

Roo: What initially drew you to mafia?
Cryxis: Which would you prefer, mafia or town? Why?
Origami: If you were scum, would you kill the most experianced player, or a lurker? Why?
Deathsword: Which player, other than you, would you consider the most threatening if he were scum?
ggamer: If you were mafia, would you kill the IC Night 1?

Peradon, what do you think of the newer players?
Well, I dont know any except Cryxis, so I cant say much. But I think Cryxis will be good at this...
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2015, 08:32:14 pm »

ummmm tldr deathsword Is that fine mod? Dw about answering it I will see in the updated vc whenever that happens.

Unvote

Hector13

ummm hi buddy.

-roo-
Or not it's cool.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2015, 08:33:19 pm »

Origami: If you were scum, would you kill the most experianced player, or a lurker? Why?
The IC because they are the biggest threat for me.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2015, 09:26:40 pm »

Definitely, that would probably give me a majour advantage; wipe out the more experienced players, and I get the chance to influence the rest however I want. Unfortunately I'm nowhere near a skilled player, so the advantage would be slim to none.

ggamer Assume you're cop. Who do you investigate first, and why?

I'd investigate the most aggressive player. I get the logic behind seeing lurkers as scum, but I've gotten the feeling from reading some of these that any scum worth his scummy salt would play hardball to avoid suspicion.

Hector, if watching D1 gave you no real clue on who to NK, who would you kill and why?

Cryxis, if you were rolecop mafia which would you rather inspect: an aggressive player accusing and asking lots of questions, or a more reserved player who is more reserved and methodical with his questions?

Nerjin, if you were mafia and several townies were coming close to lynching you, what would you do to divert attention from yourself?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2015, 09:41:22 pm »

Hector, if watching D1 gave you no real clue on who to NK, who would you kill and why?

Well that would be a hypothetical, given I don't have a night kill...

However, if I were mafia and had an NK, I'd probably kill the player who was most aggressively scumhunting me to try to keep the pressure off.

All your questions appear to be asking for ways to play as scum though. Are you doing this to avoid falling into a behaviour that would get you scumread?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2015, 09:42:27 pm »

IC only post, player post tomorrow.

ummmm tldr deathsword Is that fine mod? Dw about answering it I will see in the updated vc whenever that happens.

Unvote

Hector13

ummm hi buddy.

-roo-
{roo, mafia depends a lot on people doing proper posts, where they ask questions and apply pressure correctly. You did none of those. You just voted and unvoted me in the same post because... I don't even know, and then switched to Hector with a "hi". I think that you are trying to do what me and OSG did with the reaction votes, but that really isn't enough. Please look at the other posts and use that as a base, if nothing else.}

{This is mostly from what I've seen in other games, but... OSG, I think, said he learned that No Lynches are bad no matter what. I will attempt to clarify. For those who are not aware, you can actively vote for a no-lynch. This is better than not voting because if 3 players vote to no-lynch and 2 to lynch me, then there will be no lynch at all. How good it is depends on setup. In a setup with no or few power roles, it is just bad outside MYLO (mislynch and lose) and even then it is of dubious help, because it gives scum time to act. In a setup filled with power roles, this can be different, allowing everyone to act. Hope that helps clear it up.}

Definitely, that would probably give me a majour advantage; wipe out the more experienced players, and I get the chance to influence the rest however I want. Unfortunately I'm nowhere near a skilled player, so the advantage would be slim to none.
{I actually advise this whenever I am scum IC. In a game filled with new people, the ones who can best see through your disguise are the ICs. It also gives the newbies a chance to live a bit longer.}
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2015, 10:26:51 pm »

IC only post, player post tomorrow.

Unvote

Hector13

ummm hi buddy.

-roo-
{roo, mafia depends a lot on people doing proper posts, where they ask questions and apply pressure correctly. You did none of those. You just voted and unvoted me in the same post because... I don't even know, and then switched to Hector with a "hi". I think that you are trying to do what me and OSG did with the reaction votes, but that really isn't enough. Please look at the other posts and use that as a base, if nothing else.}

{This is mostly from what I've seen in other games, but... OSG, I think, said he learned that No Lynches are bad no matter what. I will attempt to clarify. For those who are not aware, you can actively vote for a no-lynch. This is better than not voting because if 3 players vote to no-lynch and 2 to lynch me, then there will be no lynch at all. How good it is depends on setup. In a setup with no or few power roles, it is just bad outside MYLO (mislynch and lose) and even then it is of dubious help, because it gives scum time to act. In a setup filled with power roles, this can be different, allowing everyone to act. Hope that helps clear it up.}

{I actually advise this whenever I am scum IC. In a game filled with new people, the ones who can best see through your disguise are the ICs. It also gives the newbies a chance to live a bit longer.}

ummmm so instead of asking why you decided to assume that I'm an idiot? Thanks for the VOTE of confidence hue hue hue. And I haven't seen any of what you've said been done so far. The questions asked elicit non-responses in terms of progress of the game. And no thanks I have seen the other posts. I do not mind waiting a bit for the game to actually start.

That said you ought to vote hector. He is scum.

off topic: Lynching is good especially in a game this size 7-2. No lynching d1 would mean we lose a mislynch. We would lose upon the second mislynch so technically we would only have a single ml. Most importantly tho lynching kills scum. A wagon to analyze is good d2 if there is no wagon it is like we are starting at the beginning all over. Not mention that whatever actions we have we would do them blindly. And you are handing over a townie to the mafia for free. Town controls lynches as their are more townie so generally speaking lynches are a good thing. NLing is the correct option for certain situations, but not this one.
Or not it's cool.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2015, 10:29:52 pm »

punctuation please.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2015, 10:34:34 pm »

punctuation please.
umm you are gonna hate me
Or not it's cool.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2015, 10:37:45 pm »

I cannot follow anything you are trying to say.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2015, 10:41:31 pm »

I cannot follow anything you are trying to say.
hmmmm that is a problem. for you.
Or not it's cool.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2015, 10:43:16 pm »

ummm I suggest you ignore me not an ideal solution but yeah. I am sorry. as english is not my first language. so you will have to bear with me.
Or not it's cool.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2015, 11:09:47 pm »

That said you ought to vote hector. He is scum.
Would you care to expand on this? Any reason why you suspect hector?

The random questioning will disapate eventually. Usually, it starts when someone misunderstands someone else and they get into an argument.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2015, 11:15:16 pm »

((Sorry for not posting I was on an aniversary date IRL.))

Ummm what questions were asked towards me?
I saw a few
The first one in the huge text with the IC I didn't understand and I didn't read through the others yet .-. Sorry again for being missing
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21