Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LIII: Wolf Pack - Game Over! Scum Win!  (Read 36643 times)

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LIII: Wolf Pack - Day One Has Begun!
« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2015, 12:05:36 am »

I completely misunderstood you. I was asking why you asked me to vote for you.

I am not voting hector BECAUSE YOU HAVE NOT GIVEN ME ANY REASON TO. If you want people to vote for someone, you have to state your evidence and make convincing arguments against them. At this time, the only people with any information are the scum making your insistence that Hector should be lynched very scummy.
hmmm you sound angry that is a good thing for me tho. Now whether that was genuine or not for a town read. From the previous comments in the thread I doubt that osg scum would fake emotion. so fairly certain osg is town. Also osg you are seriously gonna hate me :/. Now osg why would I as scum insist that hector be lynched? Would it not make people look closer at me? If so does that mean I don't mind people focusing on me? If that is the case why would a player not mind being focused?

I originally voted Hector because he was being everyones pal which I alluded to by saying 'buddy'. And I voted the IC, I forgot his name, to see if anyone would say anything about it. It would give me a slight scum lean. The fact that the ic himself responded to it is null at best since he was the one who was being voted.

Ok, now we are getting somewhere. Which of hector13's post sounded like buddying to you.
no no not buddying. more along the lines of trying to be adorably non threatening. Right out of the gate read those few posts. Always be thinking with the mentality how does this post (in general) further a townies or scums agenda.
Or not it's cool.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 25, 2015, 12:09:58 am »

Why would being non-threatening be a scum-tell?
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 25, 2015, 12:11:46 am »

Why would being non-threatening be a scum-tell?
Are you confused or defending Hector?
Or not it's cool.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2015, 12:23:36 am »

I could ask the same for you. You are making absolutely no sense. Just answer the question.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 25, 2015, 12:28:20 am »

Also, what post was it that jumped out at you as especially scummy? I really dont see it.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 25, 2015, 01:07:29 am »

I could ask the same for you. You are making absolutely no sense. Just answer the question.
You could ask, it would be self defeating since I already know the question is a compound one.
Pray tell what is not making sense. I would like to clear that up, and I did answer albeit with a question.

Now why did you not answer me? You had no problem answering others of course their questions are certainly let us say different.
FTR I still don't know if you are confused or defending Hector. Your most recent post certainly does not help in ascertaining that information
Or not it's cool.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 25, 2015, 01:20:02 am »

I am neither confused nor defending hector. I am investigating you, and your thought processes.

Right now, I think its a safe bet to Vote Roo. You are refusing to make any sense, and refusing to answer my questions.

Now answer my questions.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 25, 2015, 07:27:28 am »

More in some hours.

Ok read the questions

I am town
This isn't the same game and I've got a different strategy for it, this is acctualy the oppisite of that game

If I were roll cop I would be interested in people who are constantly badgering others or avoiding questions themselves, I would be aware of lurker a but take more interest in those badgering and attacking others
{Hey Cryxis, quote. The thread is still small, so it isn't that much of a problem, but as it grows so will the difficulty of finding (and guessing) what you are answering. If you can't quote, point out the post numbers of what you are referencing. Also, this game has an alignment cop, not a role cop. For instance, if a role cop hits a vanilla townie, they'd learn that the target had no powers. If it was an alignment cop instead, they'd know only the target was town, but not the powers.}

Do we do the random voting in thread or in a PM to the GM?
{Thread}
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 25, 2015, 10:39:10 am »

Well... Roo evidently doesn't like me, and seems to be finding it difficult to tell people why :-\ though I do like he described me as "adorable". Perhaps I should Unvote Perry and Vote roo in order to encourage an answer.

How do you expect me to defend myself if you don't tell me what I need to defend myself against?

We found out hector is scum and are voting them join us.

This part, specifically, is bothersome.

Given the point of the game (D1, just coming out of RVS) I don't see how you can have enough information from the game to categorically say anyone is town or scum. What gives, man?

Also, Cryxis your misinterpretation of what cop I meant is an interesting one to make. I'll be keeping my eye on you.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 25, 2015, 10:40:33 am »

Also, Cryxis your misinterpretation of what cop I meant is an interesting one to make. I'll be keeping my eye on you.

??
The only cop role I responded to was the question ggamer asked me .-.
not sure what you mean

Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 25, 2015, 10:42:14 am »

Ohhh, never mind then. I mixed up who I asked my question to, sorry! :))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 25, 2015, 10:43:57 am »

EBWOP (Edit By Way Of Post, since no editing in mafia) this is why it's important to quote, so people don't get mixed up :P

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 25, 2015, 11:13:38 am »

I am neither confused nor defending hector. I am investigating you, and your thought processes.

Right now, I think its a safe bet to Vote Roo. You are refusing to make any sense, and refusing to answer my questions.

Now answer my questions.
That is the second you have said I am not making any sense and also the second time you you did not say how I am not making any sense.
Pray tell.
Or not it's cool.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 25, 2015, 11:48:27 am »

Well... Roo evidently doesn't like me, and seems to be finding it difficult to tell people why :-\ though I do like he described me as "adorable". Perhaps I should Unvote Perry and Vote roo in order to encourage an answer.

How do you expect me to defend myself if you don't tell me what I need to defend myself against?

We found out hector is scum and are voting them join us.

This part, specifically, is bothersome.

Given the point of the game (D1, just coming out of RVS) I don't see how you can have enough information from the game to categorically say anyone is town or scum. What gives, man?

Hmmmm I was not expecting this response; from a townie mindset; although I suspect this sort of response comes with the territory. I would say something along the lines of: If I have no case why do you feel the need to want to defend yourself? You said it yourself Hector it at that point of the game no one can have enough information. But for clarification my read has nothing to do with information at all it's mostly a gut read from your first post.

non-threatening is not a scum tell on its own. Attempting to be non-threatening should raise alarms for everyone. Who is trying to subvert mislead and destroy us? Mafia. How do they achieve this? Are they gonna manipulate us with their scintillating wit? I think not. How mafia what post in game is just as important as how they want those posts to come across. It is logical for mafia to act in a manner not to arouse suspiciousn.

And everyone I was not sure sure. I was just going with my gut and trying to get reactions. tho those reactions were Lolwut ones.

I am concerned with peradon? I think that is their name. He says he is not confused and yet asked me about why I thought non-threatening would be a scum tell. He also says he is not defending Hector. Well I believe him that he is not confused so his question would serve the purpose of attempting to only discredit the information I would provide. Not certain about the defending Hector part. He voted me because he is "investigating" my thought process. If you notice I have not answered any questions (on purpose) put forth that would be a great reason to vote me, I suspect, in this game. And was obtuse by simply charging forward and demanding that Hector be voted. I mean I would pointed it out that they were trying for an easily lynch and just blatantly vote them back.
 What does that even mean investigate my thought process I assume that is something that happens a lot here. I encourage you to not ever say that again peradon. If you think I am acting scummy why not say so? why do you want to be hide what you are thinking?

I DECLARE US OUT OF RVS. You guys can go ahead and stop with the questions as their is already things to analyze.
Or not it's cool.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 25, 2015, 12:25:38 pm »

I am an Ic. This is what I generally do with my IC text but whatever. I don't have a lot of time today so let's do this quickly hm? One thing I always offer as advice to newb-scum is to NOT night kill an IC Night 1. It might make the game easier but it sabatoges you in the future. In order to learn how to avoid experienced players who suspect you is to have an IC target you. The point of this is to learn. Just keep that in mind.

NOTE: be sure to read all these spoilers. They are grouped by person but contain my reads and advice and such. Specifically I suggest you look at Roo's.

Spoiler: GGgamer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Peradon (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Roo (click to show/hide)
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21