Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LIII: Wolf Pack - Game Over! Scum Win!  (Read 37039 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LIII: Wolf Pack - Day One Has Begun!
« Reply #90 on: February 25, 2015, 01:16:33 pm »

Hmmmm I was not expecting this response; from a townie mindset; although I suspect this sort of response comes with the territory. I would say something along the lines of: If I have no case why do you feel the need to want to defend yourself? You said it yourself Hector it at that point of the game no one can have enough information. But for clarification my read has nothing to do with information at all it's mostly a gut read from your first post.

I feel the need to defend myself because you're encouraging other people to vote for me with exactly zero evidence backing up your claim.  I don't care that you're scumhunting me, I care why you're scumhunting me. You've now just said that you only have a gut feeling that I'm scum. Why aren't you pursuing the gut feeling by asking me questions?

The way you're going about things is really scummy, and you're not really generating content (either yourself, because you're not asking questions, or from other people, because you keep avoiding questions...) so I'm finding it harder and harder to believe you're town.

If you are, ask questions, answer questions. Find out why people have the reads they do, challenge or support them as your read on them evolves, don't just sit there, say someone is scum and demand other people vote with you. You know your role, nobody else does; you need to convince them you can be trusted, primarily by scumhunting. Preferably in a better way than you're doing now.

What does that even mean investigate my thought process I assume that is something that happens a lot here. I encourage you to not ever say that again peradon. If you think I am acting scummy why not say so? why do you want to be hide what you are thinking?

I like this. You tell Peradon not to question your thinking, yet immediately ask him to explain his own... double standards much?

Understanding where a person is coming from is part of the game. If you don't understand, ask them to explain. If you still don't understand, ask them to explain better. They might make a slip (town or scum) so you can focus your attention further or elsewhere, as the need arises.

I DECLARE US OUT OF RVS. You guys can go ahead and stop with the questions as their is already things to analyze.

Thanks.

PPE (pre-post edit) as an addendum to Nerjin's response to your declaration: RVS is fluid. You might feel you're out of it, but that doesn't mean everyone else is, especially since not everyone has been asked or answered a question. Heck I don't even think everyone has posted yet.

Speaking of which, Melanthius I think is the only one who hasn't posted yet. What are your thoughts on happenings so far?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 25, 2015, 01:45:55 pm »

Hmmmm I was not expecting this response; from a townie mindset; although I suspect this sort of response comes with the territory. I would say something along the lines of: If I have no case why do you feel the need to want to defend yourself? You said it yourself Hector it at that point of the game no one can have enough information. But for clarification my read has nothing to do with information at all it's mostly a gut read from your first post.
He is scumhunting you. You are trying to pin him up and lynch him, and you have given no reason whatsoever for that. Basically, you're saying that you think he's scum from just one post. This is really suspicous, thus why everyone is trying to figure you out.

non-threatening is not a scum tell on its own. Attempting to be non-threatening should raise alarms for everyone. Who is trying to subvert mislead and destroy us? Mafia. How do they achieve this? Are they gonna manipulate us with their scintillating wit? I think not. How mafia what post in game is just as important as how they want those posts to come across. It is logical for mafia to act in a manner not to arouse suspiciousn.
Thank you. I'm glad you finally answered my question.

If you notice I have not answered any questions (on purpose) put forth that would be a great reason to vote me, I suspect, in this game. And was obtuse by simply charging forward and demanding that Hector be voted. I mean I would pointed it out that they were trying for an easily lynch and just blatantly vote them back.
 What does that even mean investigate my thought process I assume that is something that happens a lot here. I encourage you to not ever say that again peradon. If you think I am acting scummy why not say so? why do you want to be hide what you are thinking?
First of all, if you are town, you NEED to answer questions. Its the way we strike you offof our scum-list. Second, when I say I'm investigating your thought process, I'm saying that I'm trying to figure out what makes you tick, why you refuse to answer questions, and why you voted hector. Its the way the game works. If town doesnt do that, then we lose. Third, I'm not sure if you are just being a noob, or you're a scum. Thats why I wont say you're scum, because I am not sure. Also, I am not hiding what I think. If anybody is hiding what they think, its you! You blatantly refuse to tell us anything.

Now. Please answer my question: What post was it that made you think hector is scum?
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 25, 2015, 01:49:14 pm »

I am an Ic. This is what I generally do with my IC text but whatever. I don't have a lot of time today so let's do this quickly hm? One thing I always offer as advice to newb-scum is to NOT night kill an IC Night 1. It might make the game easier but it sabatoges you in the future. In order to learn how to avoid experienced players who suspect you is to have an IC target you. The point of this is to learn. Just keep that in mind.

NOTE: be sure to read all these spoilers. They are grouped by person but contain my reads and advice and such. Specifically I suggest you look at Roo's.

Spoiler: GGgamer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Peradon (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Roo (click to show/hide)
I will respond to things I deem relevant. Most of this is just someone not liking how I post which is fine. They can learn to live with it.

1st of all there is no case against him. I started calling him scum. Are you sure you are not being selective of what you read?
When I finally did explain why I was calling him scum I specifically said it was not because of buddying as far as lies go nice try. And for the record nerjin no one has done anything substantial except ask "legitimate" "thoughtful" questions. And people have answered them. Is what I have done really that annoying to you? Did I blaspheme the your precious MO? I get it you do things a certain way. And look down on those who do it differently. I have yet to see those legitimate thoughtful questions move the game forward. RQS is great for a having a good time, but it stagnates the game. We already have good thoughtful discussion now. Is this not better since we have already moved out of rqs? And moving the game forward?

You can certainly think peradon town for "investigating" was it? Sorry if I sound pretentious I can't help myself. I am sure I will stop smiling at that. But a town read because he is doing something any townie might have done? nah I don't think him town for it. I might be too zoned in on Hector with my gut to see things clearly but as far as I am concerned it's the thing leading us out of this rqs. So I will stick with it till there are scummier fish to fry.

I don't mind pointing things out that I am intentionally doing. I pointed it out since no scum were biting said why. People can make of it what they will.

You are correct tho that they can defend themselves. But No one said I can not analyse that defense. Why are trying to limit how people think?
I specifically said it was a gut read. Are you intentionally not reading what I say?

I did make that call deal with it we are out of rvs.
Or not it's cool.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 25, 2015, 01:55:06 pm »

1st of all there is no case against him. I started calling him scum. Are you sure you are not being selective of what you read?
When I finally did explain why I was calling him scum I specifically said it was not because of buddying as far as lies go nice try. And for the record nerjin no one has done anything substantial except ask "legitimate" "thoughtful" questions. And people have answered them. Is what I have done really that annoying to you? Did I blaspheme the your precious MO? I get it you do things a certain way. And look down on those who do it differently. I have yet to see those legitimate thoughtful questions move the game forward. RQS is great for a having a good time, but it stagnates the game. We already have good thoughtful discussion now. Is this not better since we have already moved out of rqs? And moving the game forward?
We are not out of RQS. Read one of the other BM's if you want to see how it progesses the game.

Also, there is one thing that has been bugging me about you. You think you know better than everyone else. Dont forget, YOU are the noob, YOU are not the experianced player here. Listen to the IC's, they know what they are talking about.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 25, 2015, 02:40:01 pm »

I feel the need to defend myself because you're encouraging other people to vote for me with exactly zero evidence backing up your claim.  I don't care that you're scumhunting me, I care why you're scumhunting me. You've now just said that you only have a gut feeling that I'm scum. Why aren't you pursuing the gut feeling by asking me questions?

The way you're going about things is really scummy, and you're not really generating content (either yourself, because you're not asking questions, or from other people, because you keep avoiding questions...) so I'm finding it harder and harder to believe you're town.

If you are, ask questions, answer questions. Find out why people have the reads they do, challenge or support them as your read on them evolves, don't just sit there, say someone is scum and demand other people vote with you. You know your role, nobody else does; you need to convince them you can be trusted, primarily by scumhunting. Preferably in a better way than you're doing now.

I like this. You tell Peradon not to question your thinking, yet immediately ask him to explain his own... double standards much?

Understanding where a person is coming from is part of the game. If you don't understand, ask them to explain. If you still don't understand, ask them to explain better. They might make a slip (town or scum) so you can focus your attention further or elsewhere, as the need arises.

I DECLARE US OUT OF RVS. You guys can go ahead and stop with the questions as their is already things to analyze.

Thanks.

PPE (pre-post edit) as an addendum to Nerjin's response to your declaration: RVS is fluid. You might feel you're out of it, but that doesn't mean everyone else is, especially since not everyone has been asked or answered a question. Heck I don't even think everyone has posted yet.

Speaking of which, Melanthius I think is the only one who hasn't posted yet. What are your thoughts on happenings so far?

this is incredibly difficult on a phone.

Does that mean you were scared other people would actually vote for you? Based on zero evidence?
someone should be insulted.

That sort of thing the why I am scumhunting sounds rational and profound but is not. You simply pointed out what I had been saying. I am not asking you questions because, as of yet, you haven't posted anything about anyone besides myself and yourself how can I move my read if you have not done anything?

pretty sure I am generating content albeit not myself but other people are now focusing on us. If they choose to say well he is just an idiot I am okay with that if others look more closely and see what I did was scummy but would I as scum do that? or would anybody as scum do that? In that regard I am clearly town.

As for the double standard thing yes. As you said I know my role I don't know his.

and I'd rather not discuss theory about being out of rvs as yes it is game related but in reality is just fluff posting *looks at first pages of the game again* yup just fluff posting. It only becomes relevant with flips.

thanks much for the advice. I am not gonna do it but thanks anyways. also brownie points for the melanthius s/o. My vote stays for the moment tho.
Or not it's cool.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 25, 2015, 02:47:43 pm »

We are not out of RQS. Read one of the other BM's if you want to see how it progesses the game.

Also, there is one thing that has been bugging me about you. You think you know better than everyone else. Dont forget, YOU are the noob, YOU are not the experianced player here. Listen to the IC's, they know what they are talking about.

Fairly certain we are out of it. Otherwise you would be still asking pointless questions.

I never said I know better than everyone. I might act like it. That should not stop you from simply calling me misguided or wrong or dumb or inexperienced. Do not blame me for your feelings of inferiority please.
Or not it's cool.

Melanthius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 25, 2015, 02:48:31 pm »

Damn, I completely forgot about this game, not due to lack of interest, simply because we've had a rough week full of exams, and hard ones at that. I've read up on the thread, and

hmmm you sound angry that is a good thing for me tho. Now whether that was genuine or not for a town read. From the previous comments in the thread I doubt that osg scum would fake emotion. so fairly certain osg is town. Also osg you are seriously gonna hate me :/. Now osg why would I as scum insist that hector be lynched? Would it not make people look closer at me? If so does that mean I don't mind people focusing on me? If that is the case why would a player not mind being focused?

this post sparked my attention. Are you implying that you are simply voting to lynch hector13 because you want to appear town? How does that work?

Excuse me if I'm not making any sense to you, just finished the exam week and only remembered the Mafia game now, knocked me off my tracks honestly.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 25, 2015, 02:53:58 pm »

I'm gonna go ahead and unvote Hector and vote Roo

No offense roo, but you look incredibly suspicious right now.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 25, 2015, 02:56:20 pm »

Damn, I completely forgot about this game, not due to lack of interest, simply because we've had a rough week full of exams, and hard ones at that. I've read up on the thread, and

hmmm you sound angry that is a good thing for me tho. Now whether that was genuine or not for a town read. From the previous comments in the thread I doubt that osg scum would fake emotion. so fairly certain osg is town. Also osg you are seriously gonna hate me :/. Now osg why would I as scum insist that hector be lynched? Would it not make people look closer at me? If so does that mean I don't mind people focusing on me? If that is the case why would a player not mind being focused?

this post sparked my attention. Are you implying that you are simply voting to lynch hector13 because you want to appear town? How does that work?

Excuse me if I'm not making any sense to you, just finished the exam week and only remembered the Mafia game now, knocked me off my tracks honestly.

I guess like hmmmmm.

I sense I am detracting from the game. A little dissapointed in myself.

It does not make a lot of sense. You claim to have read the thread but missed where I said I was leaning scum on Hector for his opening post? Are you sure you did not just skim the thread?
Or not it's cool.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 25, 2015, 02:57:42 pm »

I'm gonna go ahead and unvote Hector and vote Roo

No offense roo, but you look incredibly suspicious right now.

that is okay. but what are you hoping to accomplish with your vote?
Or not it's cool.

Melanthius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 25, 2015, 02:59:28 pm »

I guess like hmmmmm.

It does not make a lot of sense. You claim to have read the thread but missed where I said I was leaning scum on Hector for his opening post? Are you sure you did not just skim the thread?

"Now why would I as scum insist that hector be lynched?"

That's the sentence that got me confused, as evidenced by the quotes, can you elaborate on that sentence?

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 25, 2015, 03:09:21 pm »

Fairly certain we are out of it. Otherwise you would be still asking pointless questions.

I never said I know better than everyone. I might act like it. That should not stop you from simply calling me misguided or wrong or dumb or inexperienced. Do not blame me for your feelings of inferiority please.
No, we are not out of RQS, mainly because we only have info on you. We will be resorting to asking random questions to everyone else.

I get the feeling you dont understand what I'm saying. I'll try to explain with a couple questions.

Have you ever played mafia before? If not, have you read through any mafia games?

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 25, 2015, 03:15:08 pm »

I guess like hmmmmm.

"Now why would I as scum insist that hector be lynched?"

That's the sentence that got me confused, as evidenced by the quotes, can you elaborate on that sentence?

Not really. hmmmmm I think I see your problem tho. Is it you do not ike that I am trying to clear myself via self meta-y techniques?
I did vote Hector because I was leaning scum on him and insisted he be voted mostly to get reactions as I have stated before. If someone did vote Hector I would certainly raise an eyebrow. It has already been pointed out several time that there was no case. And the vote was mostly a gut vote. I had nothing to go on and the rqs was doing nothing for me. So I used my gut read to get us out of rqs. I saw an opportunity to clear myself and took it no sense im being coy about it. why would I as scum do any of this? better yet why would a scum do any of the things I did?

everyone I have a town read on ggamer.
Or not it's cool.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 25, 2015, 03:19:22 pm »

Your "gut feelings" do not sway anybody. We need arguments for or against people.

Why is ggamer town?

I've told you this before and you haven't done it. You are seriously hurting town with your meaningless arguments and pretending to know everything. If you have questions, ask us. Don't just pretend you are god and put us out of RVS.

Unless you convince me that you can be a benefit to the town, Roo
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 25, 2015, 03:20:55 pm »

No, we are not out of RQS, mainly because we only have info on you. We will be resorting to asking random questions to everyone else.

I get the feeling you dont understand what I'm saying. I'll try to explain with a couple questions.

Have you ever played mafia before? If not, have you read through any mafia games?

You can also ask them questions about this situation. That would both advance the game and give you a feel for them based on actual game content. Like what Hector did. Melanthius completey forgoes rqs by with that question. It was a very townie question. hmmmmm
Unvote

Melanthius who are you leaning town on?
Or not it's cool.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21