Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LIII: Wolf Pack - Game Over! Scum Win!  (Read 36650 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LIII: Wolf Pack - Day 2: Winter is Coming
« Reply #195 on: March 03, 2015, 07:03:45 pm »

Dude, nothing happened on D1 that we can bring into D2.

You're the only other person around, and I don't want the scum to get another victory because some of the town were lurking.
What does this have to do with buddying?

Well I should actually ask you why my questions seemed like buddying to you, actually. That's more sensible.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LIII: Wolf Pack - Night 1 has Fallen
« Reply #196 on: March 03, 2015, 07:08:50 pm »

So... should we be looking at less-active players as most viable scum-spects?
It was this post that struck me as slight buddying. It looks like you either assumed that I'm town, or that you know I'm town. I may be overreacting, but it struck me as odd that you would say it that way.

Also, you just dodged my question again. What did your response have to do with buddying?
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 03, 2015, 07:15:06 pm »

Because you're the only person posting, and you at least seem townie because of your activity and desire to see activity from everyone else.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 03, 2015, 07:19:12 pm »

Because you're the only person posting, and you at least seem townie because of your activity and desire to see activity from everyone else.
And this is enough for you to assume that I am town?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 03, 2015, 07:19:54 pm »

And this is enough for you to assume that I am town?
For the time being, yes.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 03, 2015, 08:54:37 pm »

Currently at school. I'll be going over stuff when I get back home.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 03, 2015, 09:33:14 pm »

Apologies for the messiness of this post.  This is a messy game.
So, this game is going really, really bad.
I completely agree.

Hi.  I'm Jack A T, your new IC (feel free to ask me anything), and I'm a bit annoyed.  Why am I a bit annoyed?  Because I watched D1 as six players, including one of the ICs, lynched an incredibly obvious (at least to me) townie.  I don't get strong reads normally, and I was getting a very strong town read on roo.  He was disruptive, arrogant, and pretty incomprehensible, yes, but his actions made pretty much no sense for scum.  He was quite obviously used to playing elsewhere (clear signs of experience, plus significantly different playstyle from the local one), and was quite clearly trying to push everyone out of RVS as soon as possible.  It was a poor plan done quite poorly, but that's basically what he did.  And then he floundered under pressure.  Not answering questions didn't help at all, too.

So, let's do one of the best things that can be done on D2 and look at the pile of information we have.  We now know that roo and OrigamiScienceGuy were town, and it's pretty safe to assume that at least one of the scum was on the easy roowagon.
ggamer and Cryxis: Please, when you vote in the future, give your reasons with your votes.  Also, please give evidence backing your reasons (quotes, links to posts, etc.).

Cryxis: Most players here aren't good judges of what is scummy and what isn't.  That comes with time and experience, and this is a game full of newbies.  Some advice:
*Try to figure out what about a player spikes your suspicion.  Get as specific as you can.  It's often hard, and people still end up with pure gut reads at times, but specificity is useful.
*Look for things that feel off somehow, and ask questions about them.  In fact, ask questions in general.  They help generate material to find suspicious.
*Be confident.  We all screw up, misread people, and such.  Confidence, however, puts people under more pressure when you go after them.  Besides, reads are to be improved over time.

Also, hector asked you a question.

I don't have suspects, because not much happened on D1, so... we get no info from the lynch or the NK.
Nobody has any information right now anyway :P
We know roo was town, but his accusations were baseless, so it would be silly to pick up on them. Origami was already voting for roo, so nothing to gain there.
Dude, nothing happened on D1 that we can bring into D2.
hector13: This is wrong.  It is hard to overemphasize how wrong it is.  We had a sizable wagon on a townie.  One which almost certainly had scum on it.  One which people gave reasons for.  One which can be examined, can be analyzed, and such.  There is information there.  And you're not so inexperienced that this set of statements makes sense from you.

hector13, why do you so dislike the idea of us looking at D1?  Furthermore, why even ask UXLZ for his thoughts on D1 if you're so convinced it's worthless?  Do you like asking people to do things you think are worthless for some reason?
Does that mean you were scared other people would actually vote for you? Based on zero evidence?
someone should be insulted.
Not especially. I want to know why you're encouraging other people to vote for me with zero evidence. That's scummy.
What do you think roo was implying about the nature of his vote in that quote?
And everyone I was not sure sure. I was just going with my gut and trying to get reactions. tho those reactions were Lolwut ones.
And how about this quote, from a post I know you read?  Is there a reason you completely ignored this line about reaction testing?

Everyone: I would love to see your thoughts on D1 and the roowagon votes.

Peradon, hector13, ggamer, and cryxis: What led you to believe that roo's behaviour was specifically scum behaviour?  Do you think scum would act so disruptively D1?

Nerjin, that was quite the vote D1.  You jumped on a big bandwagon without even having an explicit position on roo's alignment.  Was that really the best you could do?

Who would you investigate if you were the cop?
Who would you target if you were the jailkeeper (protects from kills, but blocks from doing night actions)?
hector13: Nerjin for both.  For cop, he's an experienced player I have a mild read on.  For jailkeeper, he's an experienced player (high value scum target if town) and one I have a mild scum read on (possible NKer).
What do you think of the interactions/lack thereof so far?
Peradon: Everyone active hounded down a townie and almost nothing else was done.  People failed to examine each other.  I think the rest of my post serves as a good answer.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 03, 2015, 10:05:37 pm »

ggamer and Cryxis: Please, when you vote in the future, give your reasons with your votes.  Also, please give evidence backing your reasons (quotes, links to posts, etc.).
Peradon, hector13, ggamer, and cryxis: What led you to believe that roo's behaviour was specifically scum behaviour?  Do you think scum would act so disruptively D1?

These are sort of asking me the same question, so i'll lump 'em together

I'll say what I said earlier: I may be a new player without a good way to tell scum from town, but I do realize when a player is distracting from a real investigation. You'll notice that, because of roo, we're still in RVS because we don't know anything about anybody else but roo.

I may have thought he was scum D1, but now i'm not so sure. Mainly because, like a couple people have said, it'd be a pretty dumb play for scum to be that disruptive on D1. Still, I stand by my decision.

ggamer: If you had to pick, would you rather have a power role, or not? Why?

I think, honestly, i'd rather be townie. Being power role means you're concerned about revealing your role, always worried about one thing or another. As townie, you get to investigate without any worry for giving up a role or making yourself a high value target.

Cryxis, ggamer what are you hoping to learn from this if you're not taking part? :P

Was I? Shit! I'll try to be a bit more attentive to the board.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 03, 2015, 10:16:47 pm »

Reply #201
I seem to be extremely buisy for a game like this, not all that much time to read a lot of text until late at night hours after questions are asked and suspicions grow:
I will not answer his question as he has no proof that I am targeting anyone nor will I justify such a question.

I vote Hector because he seems to be constantly accusing me of being scum and he is tipping my suspicion.
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 03, 2015, 10:31:42 pm »

ggamer: I meant, in this question, to ask about a bit more than your own vote.  This isn't RVS, even if some people are acting like it is.  We have material to analyze: a bunch of people's efforts to lynch roo, and some other discussion.  People voted at different times and with different reasons, and there is much to learn about the players from their actions D1 (and even from the actions so far D2).  Look through stuff, find something odd or questionable or interesting, and ask about it.
I may have thought he was scum D1, but now i'm not so sure. Mainly because, like a couple people have said, it'd be a pretty dumb play for scum to be that disruptive on D1. Still, I stand by my decision.
Well, we kind of know he's town now.  He flipped town.

I seem to be extremely buisy for a game like this, not all that much time to read a lot of text until late at night hours after questions are asked and suspicions grow:
Cryxis: Alright.  Mafia is a rather time-intensive game.  Please do try to answer my questions when you have the time.  Also, don't worry about not being able to act when everyone else is active: this is a forum, after all.
I vote Hector because he seems to be constantly accusing me of being scum and he is tipping my suspicion.
Is there something scummy about him accusing you of being scum?  How is he tipping your suspicion?  Finally, where has Hector even accused you at all?  I will remind you, this is the question you're announcing you will not answer:
So you think roo is scum because everyone else thinks roo is scum?
You voted roo.  Your limited reasons involved him spiking your suspicions (though you didn't explain how), and you brought in the fact that he was suspected by several other players.  You could have responded to this question with a yes, or a no, or preferably one of those and an explanation.  Why refuse to answer?
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 03, 2015, 11:19:47 pm »

Is he not the one that just asked why I targeted the night kill or was the question that post?

I didn't target a night kill because I'm not scum

I voted roo because they were asking a lot of questions and everyone else was already voting on roo.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 03, 2015, 11:25:58 pm »

Is he not the one that just asked why I targeted the night kill or was the question that post?
Ah.  No, that was Peradon (#177).

I'll take it you're posting by phone or something?

I voted roo because they were asking a lot of questions and everyone else was already voting on roo.
Bit of advice: Asking a lot of questions is a good thing.  We want lots of questions.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 03, 2015, 11:56:51 pm »

Yes I'm posting from phone

And I'm going to rip my eyes out at this point
I get hector and Peradon mixed up way too often.

Move vote from hector to Peradon

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LIII: Wolf Pack - Night 1 has Fallen
« Reply #208 on: March 04, 2015, 12:10:10 am »

Nerjin/Deathsword:Why have you been so lurky?

Read my signature man. I am absolutely swamped this week. I'm doing what I can. Luckily I have some free time tomorrow so... better post on that day.

Please get off my back with the prods though. I'm doing the best I can with the time I have.

Questions for everyone:
    Who would you investigate if you were the cop?

Who would you target if you were the jailkeeper (protects from kills, but blocks from doing night actions)?

I would Investigate Darksword Jack AT because... Well he's an IC so I'm most worried about him being scum. If I were Jailkeeper? I wouldn't at this point. I have no idea who is scum and who might be a power role. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

Nerjin, that was quite the vote D1.  You jumped on a big bandwagon without even having an explicit position on roo's alignment.  Was that really the best you could do?

I'll look over you post in more detail tomorrow since I'm technically supposed to be doing school work right now but I figured I should pop into the game and mention some stuff. ANYWAYS: Was it the best I could do? No. I'll go ahead and admit that. I stand by my decision though. Roo was being far too harmful to town with his flailing and sending up a dust screen. In retrospect does he look scum? I suppose not. In retrospect does he look like a harmful player for town? Yes.

Better reads and stuff tomorrow.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 04, 2015, 01:02:17 am »

I didnt think about the lynch in those terms, but I guess you have a point. Right now, the most scummy would be ggamer and Nerjin. ggamer because he didnt give a good reason for voting, basically saying he's suspicous. I mentioned this earlier, very briefly. Nerjin, basically for what you said.

Roo's not answering my questions was what caused me to vote for him. In my view, not answering questions is very scummy, because only scum should have something to hide.

I didn't target a night kill because I'm not scum
That was a trick question. I was trying to make you slip up, and make a stupid excuse. It was also an attempt to get you into the game a little. Since you didnt slip up, Unvote.

Jack What does your IC text look like?
Hector13: I dont like the way you were trying to buddy up to me. It felt a lot like the last BM we played. You pretty much said that I coulde be trusted because I'm active. This seems like a stupid excuse to me, thus the vote.
ggamer: What was you're reason for voting rue? Were you just joining the bandwagon?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21