Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: [Pathfinder] Through the Maelstrom OOC (Taking Players [4/?] and Races [1/5]!)  (Read 9050 times)

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Through the Maelstrom
OOC Thread

Introduction
Inspired by the world building efforts of these great few I've decided to take the ideas of everyone in that thread, play with them a small amount and create a (relatively) unique and adapted world. Using this world and the results of this RP, I'll be running a permanent forum where we'll be doing multiple roleplaying sessions. More will be explained on that once this is over.

Keep in mind that, if you apply to this, this itself will be a very short roleplay. Maybe two weeks to a month of roleplaying, if that. After that, the roleplay will be heading over to a separate dedicated forum where I'll be doing Roll20 roleplay sessions. It's up to you guys if you want to join me on that or not.

The Setting
Long have the races dwelled within the Maelstrom, the great raging aetherstorm that surrounded the planet-islands of the Aetherium. Their wars, their loves, their conquests and their tragedies carried out within sight of it's great swirling dark clouds of aether. Their gods gave them the knowledge of the Terrestrial Gems so they may travel between the islands themselves on great gemships. The mortal races devised the workings of the Gems and used them to power their great arcane mechanisms to till land, wage war and drive the world into an industrial revolution.

Within the past hundred years, the majority of people inside the Aetherium have realised the futility and unsustainability of war. The islands are too small and too precious to allow for a single arcannon to destroy vital farmland and possibly cause famine for all the Godsworn. The Nox Accord was signed on the central trading island of Nox (so called because of the lack of light that reaches it) and a peacekeeping force was set up to ensure that war would not cause damage across the entirety of the Aetherium.

A few days ago, however, the Maelstrom stopped. It ended entirely without notice. The factions of the Aetherium exploded into action and rapidly drafted fleets to explore this new landscape.

The Nox Peacekeepers themselves drafted a fleet of their best and brightest to explore.

You are not amongst the best and brightest. You are capable, of course. You are better than the average man in most respects. But you are not the best. You are the labourers. The woodsmen. The hangers on. The assistant researchers. The people who are trying to get away from something back home. You are the necessary ones, not the ones who will be sung about in the storybooks.

You've signed on to a crew on the Nox Peacekeeper fleet. You are one of the last ships leaving the island itself. Your fate, and perhaps that of the entire Aetherium, is soon to be decided.
Spoiler: The Setting (OOC) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 10:00:36 am by Rex Invictus »

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Character Creation
Starting Level: 1st
Point Buy: 20
Stats: No stats below 8 before racial adjustment.
Gold: Average for class. Note that this is not in gold form, but that will be covered later.
Races Allowed: See below.
Classes Allowed: See below.

Player List
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 04:24:36 am by Rex Invictus »

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Allowed Races
I'm allowing up to eight races, including those already listed. Players can pick any of the races listed from here or offer a race of their own devising (which I will give stats and abilities to) and I may choose to include it. You have to create a god that is known as the patron deity of the race. Most individuals have moved away from the worship and ways of their patron deities, but it still colours how they are seen and their racial abilities.
Spoiler: Humanity (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwellers (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Noctari (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Godborn (click to show/hide)
Allowed Classes & Changes
I do want to note this is not a comprehensive class list. I am willing to take additional suggestions and requests for classes.
Spoiler: Core Classes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Base Classes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hybrid Classes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Psionics (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Godlings (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Other 3rd Party (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Changes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 04:19:51 am by Rex Invictus »

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Gods
The gods of the Aetherium do not have alignments to which they stick. They are more akin to elemental forces than anything else. They have a physical form which they take on their own home island-planets.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 04:34:30 pm by Rex Invictus »

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Reserved. (You may post.)

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile

Never played pathfinder before, though I'll see what I could do as to the creation of a sheet
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I suggest you either use Myth Weavers or this one for sheet creation. Once you fill in one bit, the rest will be automatically updated.

Just ask if you need help and what class etc you're going for and I can set you up a framework for you to put everything else in.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I suggest you either use Myth Weavers or this one for sheet creation. Once you fill in one bit, the rest will be automatically updated.

Just ask if you need help and what class etc you're going for and I can set you up a framework for you to put everything else in.
I'm over-viewing the rules right now, I'll get in a sheet as soon as I can though

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

PTW.

Also, why a new forum?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PTW.

Also, why a new forum?

I'll (hopefully) be including people from outside the B12G community and will need it for organisational sake.

The plan is to have multiple DMs and a larger group of players. So one set of players will be off in a dungeon with one DM whilst the others will be doing something else with another DM.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Alright. You could ask Toady to make a dedicated board here, in the vein of the Masterwork mod or Einsteinian Roulette.
Or whatever. It sounds cool, in any case.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright. You could ask Toady to make a dedicated board here, in the vein of the Masterwork mod or Einsteinian Roulette.
One would see in time, if the entire idea works out in the end. But the board could be tricky, especially with the case of Masterwork and Einsteinian Roulette being very popular topics as opposed to something like Pathfinder. Though you never know.

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I mean, it's not a bad idea. But I've already got a year's worth of free web hosting and a domain name, so doing it myself isn't that rough.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile

I'm interested. Can I make a Gnoll?
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm interested. Can I make a Gnoll?

Sure, as long as you can give me some idea of how they fit into the setting. :D

"I'm allowing up to eight races, including those already listed. Players can pick any of the races listed from here or offer a race of their own devising (which I will give stats and abilities to) and I may choose to include it. You have to create a god that is known as the patron deity of the race. Most individuals have moved away from the worship and ways of their patron deities, but it still colours how they are seen and their racial abilities."

I'd probably be willing to allow a good chunk of the normal races, too.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7