Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: Pantheon: (Dis)Grace of the Gods: Chapter 1: Storm Hammer  (Read 15763 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon: (Dis)Grace of the Gods
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2015, 08:45:27 pm »

There.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2015, 09:13:07 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 09:19:42 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2015, 11:43:36 am »

((Man! Separated from my computer right before posting.))
Name: Dave David Davidson XXI
Appearance: Eye color: Gold, kinda glowy. Hair color: Brown. The clothes you wear: A suit. Purple jacket and pants, red tie, cobalt shirt, purple shoes.

Father: Darus.
Mother: Enya
Domain: Golems of Earth

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2015, 12:19:21 pm »

((Hope there are still openings.))

Name: Turon
Appearance: A muscular man with skin the color of slate and golden eyes. He has no hair on his head. He tends to wear a simple tunic and trousers in shades of brown or gray.

Father: Darus
Mother: Ori
Domain: Earthquakes
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2015, 05:37:18 pm »

The first of the Minor Deities was made manifest 5,000 years ago. When the Goddess of Destruction, Ori, had a son with Darus, God of Earth.
Darus insisted the child's name be Durus, and he became the first of the Minor Gods. Mortals to this day are still in debate over whether Durus is actually just a misspelling of Darus. In any case, he became the God of Land Battles.

The second Minor God did not come about until nearly 2,500 years later, when Enthros, God of Seas, and Juno, Goddess of Balance, had a child named Yu. The exact gender of Yu is unknown, as its form shifts between a chaotic turmoil of boiling water, and a humanoid form of the stillest spring water, with small river fish swimming through the deity's body. They became the Deity of Hurricanes and Calm Waters.

Nearly 2,000 years later, a mere 643 years ago, Juno again had a child, this time with Althax, God of Skies. A God with a large beak instead of a mouth, and a feathered body, he became the God of Winged Creatures. Nobody is exactly sure of the god's name, as everything he says sounds like wild bird calls.

555 years ago, Ori and Darus again had a son, giving Durus a brother in the form of Turon, God of Earthquakes.

222 years after the birth of Turon, Ori had another son, this time with Althax. The God of Sparks, Inforny, had been born as a twisting mass of flames.

4 years after the birth of Inforny, Darus and Juno had a son named Tieríco, and he became the God of Politics.

175 years ago, Juno had another child, again with Althax, this time a girl. The first Goddess to be born because the Goddess of Breakfast, Emer, sister to the God of Winged Creatures.

54 years after that, Tieríco was given a brother in the form of Porcinius, God of Pigs and Wallowing and Cloven Creatures. A stark contrast to the God of Politics, indeed.

Another 52 years past, and Enya, Goddess of Creation, had her first son with Darus. He was Dave David Davidson XXI, the God of Golems. Mortal scholars have had many bloody conflicts over the name of this God, insisting that there is no possible way a God would have such a silly name. If only they knew.

33 years later, Enya gave birth to Dave's sister, Samina, Goddess of Medicinal Herbs.

A paltry 9 years ago, Althax and Ori had another son, creating Inforny's brother, Torphus The Stormbringer, God of Lightning.

And the youngest of the gods, and a pitiful 4 years old, born of Enthros and Ori, was Cortza, God of Booze.

Mortal scholars take interest in the fact that the Goddess of Creation actually created the fewest of the Minor Gods, and was also the only one to stay faithful to a single partner.

Seated at the circular marble table that lay in the center of the grotto, Porcinius, the Winged God, and Dave David Davidson XXI were engaged in a strategic board game, using multitudes of pigs, birds, and golems as board pieces.
Porcinius' brother Tieríco offered him strategic advice, Emer interpreted her brother's wild calls to the rest, so they could understand him, and Samina kept track of her brother's units' statistics.
Durus and Turon sat on the sidelines, complaining over the poor strategic decisions of the others, while being fed alcoholic beverages by Cortza, who was yelling at Yu for knocking over some wine glasses.

Suddenly, Inforny kicked open the front door, dislodging it from one of the hinges, and leaving it barely hanging in place.
"Torphus' Hammer has gone missing!"
Torphus The Stormbringer then kicked the mangled door, sending it flying from the frame, over Inforny's head, and sliding across the floor until it slammed into the marble table, sending birds, pigs, and small golems flying in every direction, before walking into the room and letting out a blood-curdling roar of rage!

You are all standing in the grotto.
The front door has been utterly destroyed.
There are broken wine glasses on the floor.
Wild animals and golems are everywhere.
Torphus' hammer is missing.
What do you do?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon: (Dis)Grace of the Gods: Chapter 1: Storm Hammer
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2015, 05:47:53 pm »

"IMMA GONNA KILL ME A FROST GIANT!!!!"

Torphus searches for his hammer and Smites whoever stole it!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2015, 05:49:12 pm »

"Which mortal did you leave it with this time, Torphus?" Yu said snidely, dodging out of the way of whatever Torphus tried to respond with.

The second Minor God did not come about until nearly 2,500 years later, when Enthros, God of Seas, and Juno, Goddess of Balance, had a child named Yu. The exact gender of Yu is unknown, as its form shifts between a chaotic turmoil of boiling water, and a humanoid form of the stillest spring water, with small river fish swimming through the deity's body. They became the Deity of Hurricanes and Calm Waters.

(I very much enjoy how you interpreted what I put down.)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 06:56:42 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2015, 05:51:29 pm »

Watch where you kick those doors, you could have hit me. (sparks flying out of my mouth)
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2015, 05:53:46 pm »

"YOU AND I, BOTH KNOW THAT I HAVEN'T SLEPT WITH A MORTAL FOR AT LEAST 2 DAYS! AND I HAD MY HAMMER YESTERDAY! YOU TOOK IT, DIDN'T YOU?!? GIVE IT BACK OR I'M TELLING MOM! AND WE BOTH KNOW HOW BAD HER TEMPER GETS!"

Torphus summons a Lightning Bolt and Aims it at Yu.

"Oh, Sorry Inforny, I'm Just Really Mad About this, Without My Hammer I can't Sleep at Night."

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2015, 06:14:26 pm »

Someone better confess. I'll give you 20 years until I tell dad.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2015, 06:14:39 pm »

"Come my children. It's time to help Cousin Torphus."
I pull out my goggles and tools and start combining the materials and magic in my golems into a very large one. I hop on its head.
"Lets go hunting for giants!"

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2015, 06:16:11 pm »

"Thanks Guys, Anyways, So We Are We going to Smite or Torture whoever stole my Hammer?"

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2015, 06:23:15 pm »

"Mierda!"

Tier ducks under the table, avoiding the various energies and masses flying through the air. However, hearing the declarations of his siblings and the bellowing from Torphus, he sees fit to point out what should be obvious:

"Oh for fu- Torphus, are you sure it's the Frost Giants? They may have a reputation for stealing, but i'm not certain they're bold enough to come into our home balls out like this."

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2015, 06:26:23 pm »

"YOU AND I, BOTH KNOW THAT I HAVEN'T SLEPT WITH A MORTAL FOR AT LEAST 2 DAYS! AND I HAD MY HAMMER YESTERDAY! YOU TOOK IT, DIDN'T YOU?!? GIVE IT BACK OR I'M TELLING MOM! AND WE BOTH KNOW HOW BAD HER TEMPER GETS!"

"How could I have your hammer?  I was powering up a Hurricane to hit a deep mountain village for the past few days!"

"Oh for fu- Torphus, are you sure it's the Frost Giants? They may have a reputation for stealing, but i'm not certain they're bold enough to come into our home balls out like this."

"You said it was two days since you slept with a mortal, so in that case did you leave it with an Immortal?  Like one of the dozen nature spirits you were with at the Northern Spirit Glade two years ago?"
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 06:56:11 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2015, 06:28:31 pm »

"Erm, Uh, Jus-Just Shut up Inforny, Besides, Last Time I had it was Last Night when I was Sleeping in the Dark on the Rooftops."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12