Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Exponential  (Read 11243 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Exponential
« on: February 19, 2015, 08:47:30 pm »

Spoiler: Note from Kevak (click to show/hide)

Silent.

Prey scent.

Slither quietly towards.

Leap and burrow.

Ripping. Convulsing.

Becoming something more.

~~

You open your eyes. Huh. Eyes. Didn't have those before.

You become aware of your last self. Lodged in your abdomen, much less slithery then before. Last self and you think at each other for a moment. Thinky think. Odd sensation.

Wait. Senses? That's new. Also hunger. And sound. You hear more prey. They're quite noisy.

You wobble to your feet and look around. Flashing red lights abound. Red? Color's a new one as well. And feet. Didn't have feet before. Current you seems to remember names of things. Last Self is thinking at the air. Maybe thinking for other last selfs? You think at Last Self and confirm this is indeed what it is thinking for. It has an idea for more Last Selves but thinks food would be nice first.

There's a prey in the room. It's backed against the wall. It's making a lot of noise. Looks tasty.

Spoiler: Current Form Status: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Currently Aware Of: (click to show/hide)

What to do?

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
Re: Exponential
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 08:54:12 pm »

Tickle prey.
For now.

Pssssh, seriousness? Never!

Quote from:
No. Examine with these fancy new senses.
But actually do this, instead.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 09:00:32 pm by Lyeos »
Take a closer look at this text!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 08:55:07 pm »

>Locate source of large sound
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 08:55:54 pm »

Posting to watch. Can't make many suggestions right now but I know something interesting is in store.

Tickle prey.
For now.

Pssssh, seriousness? Never!
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 09:03:21 pm »

+1. Figure out what body part is responsible for each, if possible.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 09:21:16 pm »

>Messily devour prey.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2015, 09:36:11 pm »

+1. Figure out what body part is responsible for each, if possible.
+1
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2015, 09:38:59 pm »

Attempt to determine whether prey is wearing a space suit.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2015, 11:21:48 pm »

You focus inwards to figure out what does what. After a period of poking yourself, prodding, and covering several body parts with your hands. You determine that what Current Self knows as ears are responsible for noise hearing, the odd protrusion on your... Face? Current Self says it's face. Doesn't remember the protrusion's name. Current Self says that's scent. And your vision comes from two light sensitive orby things in your face. Current Self also doesn't remember their names but does remember how they work. Touch appears to be your entire flesh, including the area Last Self melded to. And Last Self appears to be your Thinking Sense, as well as Internal Sense. Apparently Current Self when it was prey had a number of things that did important things. Now everything sorta just does everything. Except thinking. Thinking is done by a fleshy thing in the top limb that's enclosed in.. Bone. It's also where most senses are. And.. Mouth. Mouth is there also. Mouth apparently wants to bite things. Mouth notes that Stomach is telling it to fill it. ..And thinking is also done by Last Self. Who is in your abdomen. Last Self is Melding still.

You notice the red stuff is slowly stopping leaking out near Last Self. Last Self is using Internal Sense to stop it. Says it's a waste to let it leak.

Current Self muses about something called a space suit for a minute. Prey clearly isn't wearing anything beyond a white cloth.. Thing. ..Jumpsuit? Probably jumpsuit. Last Self thinks this musing is pointless and is interested in fondling prey before eating it. Specifically in the... Armpit areas? No no no. Current Self thinks that's weird. Last self thinks maybe later? ..Current Self thinks maybe.

You approach Prey. Prey slides to the side and ends up in the corner. Prey smells quite tasty.. [13+2=15 vs 19+5=24] *Crunch* Oh dear. Mouth appears to have taken the initiative. Prey ducked your bite. The wall now has a large chunk torn out of it. Tastes like... Plaster according to Current Self. Current Self isn't sure what that is though. As you pull back and remove the plaster from your mouth, Prey tries running past you. Last Self isn't going to have none of that and swings an arm at Prey. [20 Crit. Target Bleeding and Prone] [15, no infection.] [Prey at 47/50 health, -1 per turn due to bleeding.] Last Self swings other arm at Prey as Prey falls on its side, a nasty gash having been opened by the previous hit. [Prone makes crits 1 in 5 chance. d5.. [5] Crit. Stacked Bleeding. Target Still Prone.] [4, Not infected.] [Prey at 44/50 health, -2 per turn due to bleeding.] Prey smacks into the wall, another nasty gash opened. Mouth decides to take the initiative yet again and takes a bite out of Prey. [(4)+(6)+3=13. 13 Turns until Target Turns. Target resurrects in 13 turns if it dies beforehand.] Prey lies there screaming, a chunk of its.. Shoulder missing and now in your belly. You can feel a Self growing in Prey's innards. It will think to you soon.

Last Self thinks more eating should happen but also thinks not eating is a good idea as well. Mouth and Stomach agree with the first idea. Right forearm and Left Big Toe think No.

Spoiler: Current Form: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Currently Aware Of: (click to show/hide)

Four turns since Awakening. What to do?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2015, 11:25:31 pm »

Immobilize, do not eat. Most efficient that way.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2015, 11:27:23 pm »

Attempt to make words.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2015, 11:38:36 pm »

All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2015, 02:40:40 am »

((Updating this tomorrow. Realized I didn't have a layout of the facility planned. Am working on it.))

blazing glory

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2015, 02:55:27 am »

Hey look, Kevak's doing a thing again.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, my current self says ptw.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2015, 03:02:06 am »

Attempt to create a psychological construct to mediate between the Selves, so that things are easier to understand.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6