Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Using Spit to level dodge  (Read 1597 times)

Urist Sonuvagimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Using Spit to level dodge
« on: February 21, 2015, 01:31:44 am »

Is it possible to powerlevel Dodger skill by repeatedly jumping away from someone's spit? There's a dwarf that hates my adventurer and spits every time he is disturbed.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Using Spit to level dodge
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 01:36:44 am »

I imagine you could find a crowded room, kill someone, surrender, and then prance around merrily as you dodge spit to the tune of "Murderer! I'm a little angry."
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Urist Sonuvagimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 02:14:44 am »

I imagine you could find a crowded room, kill someone, surrender, and then prance around merrily as you dodge spit to the tune of "Murderer! I'm a little angry."

so dodging spit actually levels the skill. How it would help to dodge dragonfire breath is beyond me though... Thx for the advice!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2015, 02:25:58 am »

Actually, dragonfire (and regular fire) can be blocked if you have a shield. Very little skill is required, though novices will find themselves incinerated sooner than grand masters.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

The Cafe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 04:28:30 pm »

The other thing about dragonfire is that eventually the room will heat up to the point where you start melting even though you are still blocking the fire with your shield.

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My brand-new YouTube channel!
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 08:21:07 pm »

The other thing about dragonfire is that eventually the room will heat up to the point where you start melting even though you are still blocking the fire with your shield.

"Is it just me, or is it getting hot in here?"
Regards,
Dampe