Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Starting from the Bottom  (Read 1265 times)

ClorrProdigal

• Bay Watcher
  • My God! It's full of dwarves!
    • View Profile
Starting from the Bottom
« on: March 03, 2015, 11:09:02 pm »

I decided to break my usual convention and start my adventurer as an outsider and I remembered that outsiders can't claim sites and become lords/ladies until they meet certain conditions. Can someone remind me how I can go from nameless outsider to lord of the joyous leagues of doom?

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
Re: Starting from the Bottom
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 11:27:44 pm »

Your adventurer needs to have membership in a  group, organization, or civilization in order to make claims on sites and such. For outsiders, they could easily gain citizenship by retiring then unretiring in any old town/hillock/retreat/whatever place they're eligible in doing so.

ClorrProdigal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 11:39:39 pm »

That's no fun. I remember something about having to join with bandits and then becoming a hearthperson, I've yet to confirm this though.

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 08:02:00 am »

That's no fun. I remember something about having to join with bandits and then becoming a hearthperson, I've yet to confirm this though.
that sounds pretty cool is that possible?

I got the lord position once from 'liberating' children from a dark fortress, I was part of a civilization however.
I should try the bandit route for now and see.
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.

ClorrProdigal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 09:04:19 pm »

Turn's out all you have to do is do something notable and then ask to join anyone's group, bandits or otherwise. Then you become a citizen and can freely claim sites.

All I had to do was murder give a lesson in humility to a maceman who thought he was too good to join my party and report it to his superior. She was so grateful that she immediately made me lieutenant, and then spit on me.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 02:05:25 am »

"Sure, you're my lieutenant now." *hhhhkkkkk* *ptoo*

'...I'm getting mixed signals here.'

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2015, 09:11:48 pm »

Im sure she spat at you because you where clearly dehydrated after being the professor of philosophy and humility studies for a day.
She happened to have a new open lieutenant position.
Its like a desert world. Any guesture of water is very meaninful and so is sticking together.
I might try to make a dessert world in advanced world gen. I wonder...
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.