Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35

Author Topic: Inexorable: a Minimalist Demigod Game  (Read 75050 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Inexorable: a Minimalist Demigod Game
« on: February 21, 2015, 03:18:26 pm »

Inexorable: a Minimalist God Game

In a vast explosion of untold power, the site of a new universe is set. The energies released coalesce into a cavalcade of new gods with voices that will shape the ensuing creation to a greater or lesser degree.

For now, there is a void in the new, expanding bubble of spacetime known as the universe. This can be expected to change.

Spoiler: About the game (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 12:57:03 pm by Harry Baldman »

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Inexorable: a Minimalist God Game
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 04:09:34 pm »

I am Goliad, King of Gods, and God of Fire! Give the world LIGHT
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

LORD GOAT THE 120524TH

• Bay Watcher
  • I only accept the finest cans
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 04:15:11 pm »

I am Meeses, crazed madman of gods, God of Somewhat Predictable and Good Chaos. (Or God of SPaGC / SPAGC)

Action: Make a 50-foot tree
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 05:14:51 pm by LORD GOAT THE 120524TH »
Welcome to Bay 12. Drop off your soul in the collection plate on the left.-Remuthura

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2015, 04:27:55 pm »

I am Terath, the Just and Righteous, and I impose order by coalescing matter into planets and starts.
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 04:32:40 pm »

I am Jublo, the god of wiggling. I form the great jello seas.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2015, 04:33:14 pm »

I am Otyx, God of Dragons and Reptiles. My first action is to create a massive pile of gold to lie upon.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 05:45:20 pm by Ama »

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2015, 04:44:55 pm »

I AM POKE, GOD OF LUCK, CHAOTIC FUN, EMPIRE BUILDING, ADMINISTRATION, DICE, CREATIVITY, AND GENERAL WEIRDNESS AND CHILDLIKE INSANITY

MAKE CRABS THAT LIKE TO LIVE IN PEOPLES MOUTHS. IN GROUPS.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2015, 05:28:22 pm »

I am Tuk, God of Conflict, War, and Death. I will attempt to create a planet fit for life, and therefore death.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2015, 05:44:01 pm »

I an Seeches, god of blood!
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2015, 06:31:53 pm »

I am Goliad, King of Gods, and God of Fire! Give the world LIGHT

[5] By your power an ambient light fills the universe, illuminating it to a level you may describe as daylight. Or it would, were there anything for it to illuminate - a void is black no matter how much light you shine into it. But this, it seems, does not last for long, either.

I am Meeses, crazed madman of gods, God of Somewhat Predictable and Good Chaos. (Or God of SPaGC / SPAGC)

Action: Make a 50-foot tree

[2] A tree presents a great deal of complexity wrapped up in a very small package, universally speaking. Concentrating all your efforts in a single tree does not appear to produce anything with a lifespan of more than a few milliseconds. A slight afterimage remains, a burn on creation left by your power that twinkles with strange light.

I am Terath, the Just and Righteous, and I impose order by coalescing matter into planets and starts.

[2] There is no matter to coalesce yet. Merely light springing from the efforts of Goliad. The link between matter and energy is clear to one such as you, but the intermediate steps you cannot quite get a handle on.

I am Jublo, the god of wiggling. I form the great jello seas.

[3] You bend the light of Goliad into a small, loose gelatinous nebula-like formation - it is but the size of a galaxy, a small proof of concept for further divine acts. Free of external impulses, it fails to wiggle.

I am Otyx, God of Dragons and Reptiles. My first action is to create a massive pile of gold to lie upon.

[3] You create a cloud of golden dust out of purest light, and set it to accrete in a disk around a core of solid gold. Your only point of reference is Jublo's creation, the size of which it vaguely approximates. You wrap yourself around the golden core and spin along with it idly, considering future acts of creation. The reflected daylight off the fields of gold brings peace of mind.

I AM POKE, GOD OF LUCK, CHAOTIC FUN, EMPIRE BUILDING, ADMINISTRATION, DICE, CREATIVITY, AND GENERAL WEIRDNESS AND CHILDLIKE INSANITY

MAKE CRABS THAT LIKE TO LIVE IN PEOPLES MOUTHS. IN GROUPS.

[4] You create life, and are the first to do so. They are a form of planet-sized crab, bereft of immediate sources of nutrition or their habitat of choice.

[6] They make a home in the gelatinous nebula instead, forming complex orbits along one another as a mating ritual and wiggling its framework for communicative purposes. They eat the material of the nebula slowly to replenish themselves and grow larger still.

I am Tuk, God of Conflict, War, and Death. I will attempt to create a planet fit for life, and therefore death.

[5] You form a planet of small size a good distance away from the other galactic bodies, and tailor it to mold itself in parts after any form of life you choose to put on it, not having quite the time to predict the exact complexity of your intended biosphere. It impatiently awaits inhabitants.

I an Seeches, god of blood!

Why, so you are. Have you any thoughts on what to create?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 06:33:54 pm by Harry Baldman »

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2015, 06:33:22 pm »

Give the world of the God of war a river of blood.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2015, 06:35:35 pm »

Impose order on the gelatinous nebula to create a planet which can sustain life.
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2015, 06:42:49 pm »

Give the world of the God of war a river of blood.

[1] You spawn a mass of blood, a liquid base with many varied living cells suspended in it, and place it on Tuk's planet. However, the planet rejects it, and remains unyielding to it. The blood spreads itself thinly along the planet's surface and dries out momentarily.

Impose order on the gelatinous nebula to create a planet which can sustain life.

[1] You attempt to influence the gelatinous nebula, and confuse the crabs within as your efforts to shake it into a more acceptable form meet with obstinate counterwiggling. The nebula does not appreciate your efforts to reform its natural progression, and the delicate orbital systems of the planetary crabs are thrown into instability and disarray.

[1] Many crabs are, as a result, separated from one another. Collisions happen, and quite a few are killed, thrown out of the nebula over time or simply die off without reproducing, their senses not working quite so well anymore. Their numbers rapidly (on a cosmic scale, mind you) dwindle to a fraction of what they were as a result of your misguided efforts.

LORD GOAT THE 120524TH

• Bay Watcher
  • I only accept the finest cans
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2015, 06:44:54 pm »

Create a Giant Cosmic Space (Void?) Whale that gains nourishment from the ambient light.
Welcome to Bay 12. Drop off your soul in the collection plate on the left.-Remuthura

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2015, 06:46:25 pm »

Create an Elder Dragon made of Light and Darkness to inhabit the void.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35