Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35

Author Topic: Inexorable: a Minimalist Demigod Game  (Read 75042 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: Inexorable: a Minimalist Demigod Game
« Reply #480 on: March 28, 2015, 09:05:04 pm »

"opps....I think I may have over done that...

make all the plants stop replicating and make the reproduce by pollen instead.

then.'

make a clone of the embrac, then remove the wings from the clone, (making wingless a ressive trait) give it blue eyes. (also ressive)and give it blonde hair(domanit trait)

when all that is done gender bend the new embrac
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: March 29, 2015, 01:59:27 am »

Return to house cat size, and find something large with antennae to bat at. Bat at the antennae with a paw.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: March 31, 2015, 02:23:37 pm »

Grow tree bridges.

[5] You grow bridges of plant matter over virtually any obstacle in a wide area, to the point where the bridges themselves become similar to a separate family of trees, grabbing light that normally hits water and depressions on Tukta's surface. They become sufficiently successful to proliferate far and wide, and an idiom among surface dwellers arises over time - they have a bridge in Tukta they'd like to sell you.

Teleport to the bottom, prepare for the worst

[5] Silly spider-thing, you can't teleport. You need the fruit of the Legendary Tree to do that.

Fortunately, that's not really a problem - you climb back up and locate the Legendary Tree in no time at all, and the spiders, despite looking a little different than you, seem to have no real objection to you eating their fruit, so you do and teleport to the pit in short order, retrieving a razor-sharp truth that can cut through the gods themselves before returning topside once more in the short interval of time you're given.

Perhaps a test drive of your abilities is in order.

Quickly! Transpire half of my "Soul" into the Crystal, and if it is safe and easily done, the other half, if not, brood on half soul power.

[5] You have no soul. They were never implemented. You are just a meaty schmo with command of god-magic, to the degree that the universe still allows it, of course. But that doesn't stop you from transforming into a control center for the crystalline assimilator, becoming part of the framework running throughout the planet.

"I am Tuk, formerly a god. I used the last of my power to become a demigod. I thought my avatar was destroyed, but here I am. Perhaps I should have a new name. This is my second avatar, so it would be like Tuk version two. Yes, I think Tuktu sounds good."

Look around the room for anything else of interest.

[6] What feels like this entire building rumbles at your declaration, and a patch of wall near you stirs. A creature steps out of it, a familiar one - it is a centipede creature decked out in leathery regalia you do not recognize, its words filled with recognition. The creature dedicates itself to you in the name of the Shaper of Hell, formerly known as the Fourth Hero, and greets you with a respectful bow.

Same actions

[2] You lose track of what you were doing with the factories, and the project starts to languish as you lose sight of both your goals and your method of achieving them. Each day you procrastinate, and success in your plan seems ever more distant.

[2] The malaise continues on other fronts as well, as the problem behind constructing pilots for spaceships still has not been solved, namely the lack of spaceships, and so you've made absolutely zero progress on the design itself. You lie down in a comfortable place and gorge yourself discontently on the bounty of engineered nature, hoping vainly for inspiration from on high.

Create a large outpost, the Divine Manufactory, on the surface behind the Shaper line of the war.  It will produce artifact-level weapons and armor that will give the Shapers' creations an advantage.

[2] You order the construction of a factory on the surface to aid the Shapers, though neglect to provide a viable supply line or even a destination for your workers to go. Not that you have too many workers in the first place - there's captives, sure, but not nearly enough or with the appropriate skills to do such a thing. And it would be rather dangerous for you to venture to the surface, as there's all manner of horrible things up there. You've even heard tales of tree bridges! Tree bridges, can you imagine?

"opps....I think I may have over done that...

make all the plants stop replicating and make the reproduce by pollen instead.

then.'

make a clone of the embrac, then remove the wings from the clone, (making wingless a ressive trait) give it blue eyes. (also ressive)and give it blonde hair(domanit trait)

when all that is done gender bend the new embrac

[1] You manage to reprogram a considerable number of rose-blooms to reproduce by pollen. Each and every one of them, in fact, with no viable receptacles for any of these vast quantities of pollen, which quickly results in what inhabitants (well, the embrac and the hyperintelligent tree) would soon come to call pollen wastes - the region of your modification, where a thin layer of pollen covers a much thicker layer of decaying rose-blooms at the end of their life cycle. It makes for a nice change of geographical pace.

[4] In other news, you also clone the embrac... imperfectly, of course - it has no wings (an atavism dependent on a certain epigenetic factors), solid blue eyes (they impair vision a little, since they're accompanied by an ocular defect that makes them possible in the first place), and also, unlike the first embrac, it seems to have hair on account of you actually figuring out how hair works, with the appropriately functioning alleles working in any of their concentrations and the respective genes duplicated twice over in both embracs so as to ensure dominance.

[4] The new embrac thus becomes the a-embrac, in contrast with the alpha-embrac. Though each can multiply on their own through an excruciating process of budding, exchange of genetic information can be performed between a and alpha embracs, which is then followed by production of mixed offspring. This system of reproduction ought to work well enough.

Return to house cat size, and find something large with antennae to bat at. Bat at the antennae with a paw.

[5] You bat at the antennae of a colossal beetle, dwelling in the upper reaches of the tree. Colossal by beetle standards, of course - it's really only twice your size as a housecat. It is powerless to stop you, its body too unwieldy to maneuver effectively on the tree and its tactic of clamping down on a branch and guarding its softer bits being much more effective against predators that lose interest after finding it momentarily inedible rather than immortal demigods with no motive other than personal amusement. It tries to buzz its massive wings at you, but you easily dodge.

You get the feeling your batting is causing the beetle considerable pain, considering how sensitive they probably are.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: March 31, 2015, 02:41:36 pm »

Mmmmmmm....though this reproduction system should work I'm still not satisfyed....but first....

Give the first embrac black hair, makeing it a resistive trait, and make both embracs reproduce soley by sexual reproduction. 

However make sure they don't mate yet. I want to make some more ajustments. when I'm ready for them to mate I will tell them.

Also, facepalm (metaphorically, not physically, physical face palming sounds bad for a inhabited planet.) about my foolish mistake with the flowers. Give them pollen receptors, and clear any REMAINING excess pollen.

Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: March 31, 2015, 03:26:23 pm »

ok, look around for some town or gathering of dragons and offer some luck-based services to them for the price of helping me figure out how to give my dice species a reproductive system, the last bit is of course, dependent on how much the service "costs", more like favors than actual cash.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 03:29:24 pm by poketwo »

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: March 31, 2015, 05:23:07 pm »

Grow more trees
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: March 31, 2015, 08:41:20 pm »

Stare into the Soul{less eyes <souls having not been implemented>} of the giant beetle. Invite it to become my follower. (invite it through metacognition or some primal communication, provided it has enough sentience to feel interest and enough sapience to understand followership). for my personal amusement.

(hey, I'm one of the less destructive gods become demi, you know. I barely poisoned Tree Junior at all!)

Nunzillor

« Reply #487 on: March 31, 2015, 08:48:45 pm »

Tree bridges?  Those do sound scary.  Create a host of sapient automatons of absolute loyalty and send them to scout the surface to find a suitable area for colonization.  Once they find one, they should begin creation of the Manufactory.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: March 31, 2015, 10:09:06 pm »

Trees? A distant memory, like a dream... Attempt to shape a hyperintelligent tree. My Shapers, the ones who have not left in my absence of leadership, should aid Zil's war by combining whatever small and simple life they can into forms which convert inorganic materials into organic ones.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: April 01, 2015, 10:55:11 am »

New plan
... I'm joking same actions

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: April 01, 2015, 02:23:26 pm »

Ask the creature to lead me to the Shaper of Hell, so that we may talk.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: April 01, 2015, 03:18:21 pm »

Well screw physics. Work on making a crossway into the 6th dimention, where i will have far more control of things of the 3rd dimention, and can shape out my crabcake moon
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: April 02, 2015, 04:38:47 am »

practice striking with the sword while teleporting to enemies

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: April 04, 2015, 07:01:04 am »

Mmmmmmm....though this reproduction system should work I'm still not satisfyed....but first....

Give the first embrac black hair, makeing it a resistive trait, and make both embracs reproduce soley by sexual reproduction. 

However make sure they don't mate yet. I want to make some more ajustments. when I'm ready for them to mate I will tell them.

Also, facepalm (metaphorically, not physically, physical face palming sounds bad for a inhabited planet.) about my foolish mistake with the flowers. Give them pollen receptors, and clear any REMAINING excess pollen.

[1] You first manage to give the first embrac a wealth of darkish skin tumors on the cranium, and suspect you may have made a miscalculation somewhere.

[6] Fortunately, though in incredibly gruesome amounts of pain, the first embrac does manage to lead some semblance of life. It'd be pretty inconvenient if that weren't the case. But then again, it's already budded several times before, so you suppose you've got spares if nothing at all goes your way.

[4] You then rob the sixteen or so currently existent embracs of the ability to bud, forcing them to reproduce sexually. This causes the slight problem that a sustainable population of any living organism starts at about fifty, and you're not even getting into being genetically representative or anything. Especially after you telling them that they are not to mate under any circumstances (some do anyway, having nothing better to do).

[4] Finally, you clear out the excess pollen and actually provide the experimental batch of rose-blooms with a way of producing ova to receive the pollen. You don't really see this particular form of mold being overly competitive with the asexually reproducing one in most ecological niches, but maybe it'll prove more adaptable with time.

ok, look around for some town or gathering of dragons and offer some luck-based services to them for the price of helping me figure out how to give my dice species a reproductive system, the last bit is of course, dependent on how much the service "costs", more like favors than actual cash.

[6] You find a few dissident dragons attempting to escape Otyx's wrath and attempt to roll out a message for them that you'd like them to help you reproduce, because why wouldn't they know how to help you with such a thing? In what you understand to be implicit agreement, they roll you desperately.

[6] The result, fortunately for you, appears to be Bloom. The dragons suddenly start to bud, and seem most distraught by this as smaller dragons splinter off their bodies at an alarming rate. You think of asking them if they'd kindly roll the same thing for you, but then recall you have no way of communicating with them.

Grow more trees

[4] Tukta's full of the bloody things already. But a bunch more couldn't hurt. You make a sacred grove of trees, a place of more than moderate tranquility and exquisite air.

Stare into the Soul{less eyes <souls having not been implemented>} of the giant beetle. Invite it to become my follower. (invite it through metacognition or some primal communication, provided it has enough sentience to feel interest and enough sapience to understand followership). for my personal amusement.

(hey, I'm one of the less destructive gods become demi, you know. I barely poisoned Tree Junior at all!)

[6] The beetle is not of sufficient intellect to understand your invitation, but it does seem to have a very healthy fear of you now. So healthy, in fact, that it always seems to make way for you at great risk to itself, and provide you with its food beforehand in order to distract you while it makes its escape. And what more could you ask for from a follower, really?

Tree bridges?  Those do sound scary.  Create a host of sapient automatons of absolute loyalty and send them to scout the surface to find a suitable area for colonization.  Once they find one, they should begin creation of the Manufactory.

[3] Sapient automatons? That's need quite a lot of work, you think. You make one sentient automaton, for what it's worth. You're not quite certain if you need a testing phase before making any more.

Trees? A distant memory, like a dream... Attempt to shape a hyperintelligent tree. My Shapers, the ones who have not left in my absence of leadership, should aid Zil's war by combining whatever small and simple life they can into forms which convert inorganic materials into organic ones.

[6] The remaining Shapers, which are indeed not many at all, immediately set about the creation of various lifeforms that could potentially create organic material, mostly out of the structure of the maze. The result is a small, tunneling form of life that, to sustain its endless hunger, digs tunnels every which way, up to the surface and down to the realm of the hungering worm, and also horizontally, creating new side passages, some of them through the City itself, since the creatures fail to see the distinction between certain kinds of inorganic material. Soon the nests of the creatures dot the entirety of the maze, and in many places are seen as a filthy pest (which the Shapers counter by making the creatures incredibly delicious as well in their general benevolence).

New plan
... I'm joking same actions

[2] Nope. Inspiration and you seem to not be friends as of late, and brute-forcing a solution doesn't seem to be working out either.

Ask the creature to lead me to the Shaper of Hell, so that we may talk.

[5] The creature explains that you are within the Shaper of Hell currently, so you may talk to the one in front of you and pretend that it is the Shaper of Hell for your convenience. He can hear you anyway.

Well screw physics. Work on making a crossway into the 6th dimention, where i will have far more control of things of the 3rd dimention, and can shape out my crabcake moon

[2] The sixth dimension of space is nonexistent or at least rolled up into uselessness as far as you know. It is also not a place, just like the fourth and fifth dimensions of space are not places. Thus your lack of ability would hold true no matter how you are displaced along any given axis of spacetime.

practice striking with the sword while teleporting to enemies

It's not a sword, actually. You can't quite explain what it is, in fact. It is the antithesis of life and eternity, you think. But more than that you cannot say.

[4] You can, however, use it - and to great effect, no less, especially in combination with the fruit of the Legendary Tree. The Relict Shapers in particular seem completely susceptible to your teleporting murder, reliant on droves of minions as they are. Though technically you could kill anything right now. The Tree certainly allows you such a luxury.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: April 04, 2015, 07:14:47 am »

Try to roll bloom on one of my dice companions
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35