Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35

Author Topic: Inexorable: a Minimalist Demigod Game  (Read 75072 times)

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
Re: Inexorable: a Minimalist Demigod Game
« Reply #495 on: April 04, 2015, 09:32:21 am »

Promote the growth of more fauna.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: April 04, 2015, 10:54:25 am »

Give up and try to finds suitable mate so there can be more demigod fungus

Nunzillor

« Reply #497 on: April 04, 2015, 04:18:59 pm »

Very well.  Put the first machine through a battery of physical and psychological testing.  Then, as its final test, send it to hunt down some of those delicious burrowers to provide some sustenance for my landowners.  If it excels, deem it the First and give it a legion of mechanical subordinates.  If it fails, destroy it and start from scratch.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 04:21:20 pm by Nunzillor »

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: April 06, 2015, 06:46:03 pm »

Travel to the Realms of Unravelling Desire and find my true purpose.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: April 06, 2015, 08:34:11 pm »

"The Shaper is the Fourth Hero? That explains the wonderful taste in decor. But how did that happen?"

Ask how Fourth Hero became the Shaper of Hell. See if the Shaper would be interested in revenge on his killer. Or at least see about the possibility of getting troops for my own vengeance.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: April 06, 2015, 08:40:05 pm »

Bah. . . . . Let my compatriots research how to solve this problem i am going to work on the funding myself. . . . . There has been a new class of work popping up on this one planet. . .. or will be. I will get myself a decent tranque gun and become a monster hunter and hunt large creatures to study/sell/tear appart for raw materials
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #501 on: April 07, 2015, 02:07:04 pm »

Move quickly, and create, a "Space Seed"  to launch out, with a specially designed crystal transmitter that is able to enact through my commands.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: April 07, 2015, 04:18:44 pm »

Instruct the Shapers to create a type of storage beetle which preys upon the tunnelers. Hopefully this will introduce enough raw organics for more ambitious projects.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: April 11, 2015, 12:12:47 pm »

Try to roll bloom on one of my dice companions

[4] You don't manage Bloom, unfortunately, but you do roll Benign Shaper, which gives that one of the dice here on the planet the ability to reproduce through spores released on a particularly good or particularly bad roll.

Promote the growth of more fauna.

[2] Not really any ecological room for more fauna to grow in, it seems. You think your cycle may be ruined now.

Give up and try to finds suitable mate so there can be more demigod fungus

[2] You could... but you just feel kind of depressed right now. Everything just feels so bland, unsatisfying. Ennui fills your mind.

Very well.  Put the first machine through a battery of physical and psychological testing.  Then, as its final test, send it to hunt down some of those delicious burrowers to provide some sustenance for my landowners.  If it excels, deem it the First and give it a legion of mechanical subordinates.  If it fails, destroy it and start from scratch.

[4] It seems to stand up perfectly well to most any kinds of punishment, which is quite pleasing.

[6] It also proves remarkably efficient at hunting burrowers, to the point of starting its own business purveying food to the landed in return for priceless artifacts, all in the name of increasing its value.

[4] With this in mind, you craft some 12 or so lesser subordinates for it to order around. A legion's a little beyond your abilities at a time, but you have some wiggle room time-wise.

Travel to the Realms of Unravelling Desire and find my true purpose.

[4] The Realm of Distilled Desire is conceptual, so no traveling is required - you need but think in the right direction, and all of it will flood into your mind.

[4] In this case, your true desire (or at least one that the realm gives you) appears to be to become the ruler of your empire. Sounds reasonable!

"The Shaper is the Fourth Hero? That explains the wonderful taste in decor. But how did that happen?"

Ask how Fourth Hero became the Shaper of Hell. See if the Shaper would be interested in revenge on his killer. Or at least see about the possibility of getting troops for my own vengeance.

[6] He explains that he died and got copied over here by a leftover mechanism of the afterlife, which has been a very fortuitous thing, really. Then he just sort of accumulated corpses around him in a desperate bid for survival in a vacuum and reshaped himself to adapt to the place. So far it's been working terrifically well, and he's very much enjoyed life without any sort of serious competition. It's almost like he's a god in here.

[3] As for providing you with any help, he supposes he could sculpt you a couple of minions if you promise to kill a bunch of things on Tukta with them. Doesn't really matter which ones, he does not hesitate to add.

Bah. . . . . Let my compatriots research how to solve this problem i am going to work on the funding myself. . . . . There has been a new class of work popping up on this one planet. . .. or will be. I will get myself a decent tranque gun and become a monster hunter and hunt large creatures to study/sell/tear appart for raw materials

[3] Your compatriots are in agreement that a method to travel across the sixth dimension would be fairly nice, and start some preliminary research in the area. Their efforts seem to be bearing marginally more fruit than yours, which is both heartening and displeasing.

[2] You'd probably need to specify which planet you want to go to, though, because your best idea right now is Tukta, and that's a bit past what you'd describe as a reasonable amount of danger.

Move quickly, and create, a "Space Seed"  to launch out, with a specially designed crystal transmitter that is able to enact through my commands.

[2] You seem to be having trouble getting the requisite delta-v, and also with managing transmitter lag, and even with getting it to do anything other than talk to you or fly into things at less than orbital velocities.

Instruct the Shapers to create a type of storage beetle which preys upon the tunnelers. Hopefully this will introduce enough raw organics for more ambitious projects.

[6] The Shapers create the storage beetle, a savage, beastly insect that quickly ravages the tunneler population and when that's sufficiently ravaged, cutting a little into the population of the City of the Maze. They even manage to take down an automaton of Zil or two!

Nunzillor

« Reply #504 on: April 11, 2015, 12:27:11 pm »

((what is the name of Paphi's character again?))

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: April 11, 2015, 12:30:53 pm »

"opps ummmm...sorry" remove the embracs tumors, and try again to give it black hair

then

add some traits to the other embracs. randomizing them and there appearance. traits like eye color, hair color, height, and such.

"i will let you all mate soon. I just need to get these traits right, after that, we can move on to some other creatures and plants to inhabit this planet, and giving you some cool things to do.

((im the one that held that turn up aren't I? I thought I had already posted an action....sorry.))
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: April 11, 2015, 12:51:34 pm »

((what is the name of Paphi's character again?))

Dril the Sentient Flesh Pillar.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #507 on: April 11, 2015, 01:23:45 pm »

Give the crystal's slight amounts of hive mind powers, EG a voice to speak with and to act autonomalously, however, I can easily crush if need be.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Nunzillor

« Reply #508 on: April 11, 2015, 01:42:11 pm »

Clearly, the entire populace of the Tyranny of Zil needs to be turned into these tireless, enterprising automatons.  Start with a less forceful approach: a system of government incentives for those who convert, and disincentives for those who stay "repulsively fleshy," as the notices will say.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: April 11, 2015, 01:43:06 pm »

Begin the search for valiant specimen who could serve as your personal guard.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35