Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Games Where You're the Bad Guy  (Read 24263 times)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
Re: Games Where You're the Bad Guy
« Reply #150 on: July 23, 2015, 11:21:26 pm »

In Postal 2 you poach endangered animals, piss on a man's grave, and blow up a town with an atomic bomb
But how good are your enemies?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 24, 2015, 02:17:04 am »

In Postal 2 you poach endangered animals, piss on a man's grave, and blow up a town with an atomic bomb
But how good are your enemies?
Anti-videogame campaigners, a butcher's union, rednecks, and Al-Qaeda. So pretty evil.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 24, 2015, 03:52:21 am »

I did watch a video of "Yandere Simulator" recently.

It's not finished yet, but the premise seems to fit. You play as a girl who has to eliminate competition towards your love. While murder isn't strictly required (or is planned to not be necessary in later updates) it's still the most straight forward method of dealing with others. Cleaning up afterwards so you don't get caught, disposing of evidence and possible witnesses plays into it as well.

As I said though, the game doesn't have a real story at the moment. Mechanics are still being added to the game so while people detect your exploits, tell police or teachers, and days pass I don't think there's actually a win moment. I have to acknowledge the developers creativity in this odd choice for a game setting.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 24, 2015, 04:52:28 am »

There's always choice, even if the game you're playing doesn't present one. I chose to quit playing Dishonored relatively early, because I couldn't see any effective way to not kill everyone that was hostile to me, or more importantly, to not cause massive amounts of deaths due to the plague as a result of killing all those people. I'm not too troubled about killing people who attack me in a video game, especially after I've been framed for something, but in Dishonored doing so just screws over everyone else, all the citizens, and you're doing it all just to potentially rescue a couple people, if they're even still alive when you get there. Why is that worth it?
I did mention turning the game off frequently being the only alternative.

Didn't know killing everyone had that effect in Dishonored, but I played it late and avoided all talk in case of spoilers. Killed only a handful of people early on before realising the stealth was more enjoyable. Felt the alternatives to outright killing your main targets left me more uncomfortable than killing them, but still did that for the challenge.
That game. Hooo boy, that game.

After hours upon hours of frustration, playing and replaying the maps, freaking out and restarting for almost every person I killed aside from the designated target, and finishing the game with a good ending, I started up another playthrough. This time, I hunted down everyone on each map and killed them all. Even the Tallboys.

It felt visceral, it felt good, it felt... liberating.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 24, 2015, 04:55:03 am »

As I said though, the game doesn't have a real story at the moment.
You need your senpai to return your feelings. What more plot do you need?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 24, 2015, 09:46:57 am »

Anti-videogame campaigners, a butcher's union, rednecks, and Al-Qaeda. So pretty evil.
It's the stumbling block most games hit, no matter how evil you're allowed to be you don't often get the opportunity to be THE bad guy.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 24, 2015, 11:09:37 am »

As I said though, the game doesn't have a real story at the moment.
You need your senpai to return your feelings. What more plot do you need?

Well, yeah. I guess it is more of a "make your own story" type of game isn't it?

It's more... one of the mechanics will be that other girls can gain the attention of your love and you have to step in and deal with the situation, either by murder, kidnapping or setting them up with someone else. I don't believe that mechanic is in the game as of this time, leaving your efforts a bit meaningless.

Still, the developer has got clear ideas for it's future, though poor him seems to have been inundated with emails offering help, requests and suggestions.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 24, 2015, 01:00:47 pm »

Still, the developer has got clear ideas for it's future, though poor him seems to have been inundated with emails offering help, requests and suggestions.
Been kinda following this game.  Yea, sounds like he has been spending more time on emails relating to the game rather then working on the game earlier this month.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 13, 2015, 10:22:34 pm »

Have I mentioned Chaos Overlords yet? It's an old but good strategy game about recruiting criminal gangs to take over a futuristic city.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 14, 2015, 04:23:53 am »

I could have sworn it was Fucking Worms rather than Effing Worms. Huh.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 14, 2015, 09:54:32 am »

IIRC you can indirectly instigate a nuclear war in the land of the living in Afterlife by sending down prophets to preach a doctorine of wrath
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]