Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [Suggestion]VIPs and traps  (Read 1638 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
[Suggestion]VIPs and traps
« on: February 22, 2015, 06:46:07 am »

I've had an idea for a way to expand the options for violent activism: add a possibility to generate a persistent mobile event, kinda like the squads moving around your safehouse, that would spawn on regular maps with non-random structure, like the Nuke Plant, the Courthouse and so on.

Upon entering the same tile, the squad would encounter a Conservative VIP of some sort, appropriate to the map (perhaps a Supreme Court judge for the courthouse, for example) with their entourage, in the same way you can encounter CEOs in their studies, the President in the OO, that kinda thing. It would move on a regular path from a start point to an exit point set on the map.

The squad could face the VIP head-on, getting a somewhat tough fight with enemy security, or they could set a trap with an IED (using an appropriate new skill) of some sort along the route, if they learned it, thus eliminating the security and leaving the VIP alone or with one or two remaining guards to be eliminated or kidnapped.

The code for mobile events like that is already there with the sieges and spawning important Conservatives is covered by multiple places; traps in general are also a part of sieges already, it would just have to modify the behavior to change the generated enemy squad to be smaller. The regular path I could see being a problem, but in a pinch it could be dropped.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: [Suggestion]VIPs and traps
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 03:47:21 pm »

I thought is topic would cover celebrities with boobies and penises.  But this idea is good too.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: [Suggestion]VIPs and traps
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 12:42:55 pm »

I thought is topic would cover celebrities with boobies and penises.  But this idea is good too.
Not with C+ gender laws, they wouldn't :P
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.