Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 31

Author Topic: [RPG] ⚔Dueling Blades⚔ - Solgeid Thread - Turn 31  (Read 33892 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [RPG] ⚔Dueling Blades⚔ - Solgeid Thread - Turn 25
« Reply #360 on: April 12, 2015, 11:28:40 pm »

Attack again.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 12:08:23 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Raycaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Space hero!
    • View Profile
    • Sharper Shovels
« Reply #361 on: April 12, 2015, 11:31:44 pm »

Block!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 11:41:43 pm by Raycaster »

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but, I am not sure that you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 12, 2015, 11:45:47 pm »

Turn 25, Part 2
(AD:8,BD:6;9,4,3) Gilbert tries to block it with his axe, but the Sentinel hits him in the torso for 4 damage. He begins to bleed 3 VP/turn.

Turn Order: Malcolm, Dark Spirit, Helena, Gilbert, Hordor, Alphonse, Undead Sentinel
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [RPG] ⚔Dueling Blades⚔ - Solgeid Thread - Turn 26
« Reply #363 on: April 13, 2015, 12:08:39 am »

Changing action to Aim at head and Attack.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 13, 2015, 04:38:31 am »

"Argh! Watch where you're shooting, Helena!"

Complain as a free action, then stab again.

Do I add that 4 damage to my character sheet, or has it already been added by the GM? What happens if I get more than 5 RT?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 06:05:57 am by Cheesecake »
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 13, 2015, 07:37:14 am »

For Rt, nothing. You only have to worry if it's a weapon capable of severing such as a sword,scythe,halberd etc. If you are attacked by weapon capable of severing, if it does RT or more damage the target has to roll a die to determine whether or not the appendage will be severed. Then it will get severed or not severed.

Malcolm walks till he is South-west of the sentinel, he then disorients it "Guys, get behind him!" and performs a normal attack with his sword
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: April 13, 2015, 07:49:10 am »

((Hey. I don't mind having to account for having to shoot around allies, but it is wise to give advanced warning that you're applying that kind of logic. As far as I can tell there is no mention of friendly fire in the core book's combat section.

Also... Cheesecake will be able to make a character who's not Hordor right? I don't mind it for now to sort of end this section, but he should probably be able to make his own/rename his own character here sometime soon. It's a bit of a faux pas to simply take another person's character.))

"Grah! Sorry!"

Helena walks into the room 5 spaces south, then moves 1 to the west before firing another volley of Field-Tip.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 07:54:44 am by birdy51 »
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 13, 2015, 07:52:58 pm »

((Hey. I don't mind having to account for having to shoot around allies, but it is wise to give advanced warning that you're applying that kind of logic. As far as I can tell there is no mention of friendly fire in the core book's combat section.

Also... Cheesecake will be able to make a character who's not Hordor right? I don't mind it for now to sort of end this section, but he should probably be able to make his own/rename his own character here sometime soon. It's a bit of a faux pas to simply take another person's character.))
((Considering the realistic nature of the rulebook, it seems like kind of a given that firing into a crowd could result in hitting someone else if you miss your mark. But I think the mention of it was lost in the book's rewrite, so I've re-added it in its own section.

Kj hardly played Hordor at all, and the character didn't seem particularly well-thought out in the first place, so I don't think it's big deal for Cheesecake to take over for him. But if Hordor dies, I'm open to adding new characters during resting phase, as long as both teams have the same number of total characters.))

Do I add that 4 damage to my character sheet, or has it already been added by the GM? What happens if I get more than 5 RT?
((Removal Threshold is only relevant on an attack with a Severing weapon. If you take more damage in one hit than your RT, they roll to successfully hit you again, and if they do, the limb is removed permanently. Otherwise, if you accumulate twice the RT worth of damage to that limb at any time, it can be semi-permanently crippled.))
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 05:49:00 am by Squeegy »
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: April 14, 2015, 04:37:13 am »

((Yeah, he mostly just played Hordor with simple commands and a few words. I might play him as gruff, dim and concerned with loot kinda guy, judging by his character token.))
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Raycaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Space hero!
    • View Profile
    • Sharper Shovels
« Reply #369 on: April 14, 2015, 04:51:56 pm »

Attack the sentinel.

Of course, just attacking isn't all that's done. A bit of panic, and horror at the amount of blood gouting out. Hopefully someone will be able to help with that.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but, I am not sure that you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: April 15, 2015, 02:35:34 pm »

I'm assuming we're waiting for Paralun?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: April 20, 2015, 10:33:23 pm »

Turn 26
Gilbert bleeds 3 VP.

Malcolm walks 4m northeast and attempts to disorient the Undead Sentinel with a kick to the back of the knee. (AD:1;ED:2) He fails, but follows it up with an attack anyway. (AD:4;BD:3;17,4,3,1) The Sentinel swings its spear up to try and block the attack, resulting in Malcolm hitting it in the left hand for 4 damage. Three of the Sentinel's decayed fingers are chopped off, and it begins bleeding 1 VP/turn.

Helena jogs into the room and fires another arrow at the Sentinel. (AD:2,1;ED:2) The Sentinel ducks under the arrow, and it flies into the pillar.

Gilbert tries to fight through the pain and swings at the Sentinel. (AD:9,BD:7;9,8) He chops into the Sentinel's torso for 8 damage, 2 of which is absorbed.

Hordor stabs at the Sentinel with his pitchfork. (AD:7,BD:2;9,2) He sinks his pitchfork into its torso for 2 damage, but it's absorbed.

Alphonse aims at the Sentinel's head with his daggers and strikes. (AD:2;ED:1;1,0) His first swing grazes its head for 2 damage, 1 of which is absorbed. (AD:2;ED:1;4) His second swing sinks into its head for 7 damage, 1 absorbed by its helmet. He pulls the dagger back out, and the Sentinel falls over, lifeless.

Turn Order: Malcolm, Dark Spirit, Helena, Gilbert, Hordor, Alphonse

The party gains 10 XP.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 03:40:53 pm by Squeegy »
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [RPG] ⚔Dueling Blades⚔ - Solgeid Thread - Turn 27
« Reply #372 on: April 21, 2015, 04:31:14 am »

Aim at head and attack. Who's done the most damage to this thing?

Eh, it doesn't matter. I'm dibsing the loot.

Raycaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Space hero!
    • View Profile
    • Sharper Shovels
« Reply #373 on: April 21, 2015, 05:16:59 am »

(No dibsing the loot while a man is dying, here!)

"Ah... ahh! Help!" Gilbert yells, staggering back and looking down at his body drenched in blood. His own.

Move up two tiles, and sit down.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: April 21, 2015, 05:18:12 am »

(No dibsing the loot while a man is dying, here!)
(Whose loot do you think I was dibsing?>:) )
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 31