Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: i want to start a new game but  (Read 3856 times)

mndfreeze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: i want to start a new game but
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2015, 11:04:38 pm »

It takes me around 3 to 4 years before FPS decrease completely from 100 to 30 ish , If I start adding magma flows , rivers , waterfalls and other stuff the fps dropps even more...
I have to say that the decrease starts making the game way too slow at one point , sure it's playable but when things starts taking longer and longer then the fun factor decreases...

This is roughly where I am when I play on my work computer. I have settled on having my population at 140 softcap and 150 hard cap with 10 children.  (I really hate children sometimes in this game, AND IM A LOVING FATHER. :[  )

Its sooooooo nice when you first start out and the settings of 100/50 the starterpack uses as defaults flow fast and smooth.  But somewhere above 100 dorfs (which migrate in REALLY fast sometimes) I start to get some big drops in my fps.  Usually after just a few years of max pop, a few goblins raids, and the main 4 floors of my center staircase style fort are done, my fps is basically stuck at 30ish.  When caravans come onto the screen it drops to 15ish or so until they unpack.  \

I have temp and weather disabled, and do use dfhack tools (the ones built into starterpack) to assist. 

Eventually the overall slowness of everything running finally will drive me to just start a new fortress.   
Pages: 1 [2]