Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Evil Kobolds of the Spires  (Read 894 times)

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Evil Kobolds of the Spires
« on: December 04, 2015, 01:54:57 am »

I've changed the race RAWS in one of my games so that goblins live in cites and it's the Kobolds who are chosen to be the minions of the Slade Spire demons. The only other change I did was copy/paste the goblin weapons and skills into their race file.  Goblins are still evil and love to fight, but since they live in cities, they're able to infest their own catacombs, and have human warlords down there too - turns out that gobs aren't nearly as invincible when they're in villages and cities, and adventurer mode is a little more interesting, since the next village could be filled with a bunch of goblins who want your blood.

The Kobolds are still theiving, babynapping cowards for the most part, but since they have the same armors and weapons as the goblins, they become a serious force sometimes, which is surreal in the RNG as battle after battle in Legends mode is won by kobolds who tack even longer names onto their already long names, and the list of valuables stolen by them, or the comopolitan melting-pot of babynapped races that coexist in their civ can be quite amazing.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

99Hedgehog

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:USE_TILESET: UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Kobolds of the Spires
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 08:02:42 pm »

Spoilers!
Also, is there a, uh... story to be had here?
[under a terrifying biome]
"Can you describe what the surface is like?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8ZqFlw6hYg