Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

help! I cant get this poll to open again!

If you can help, PM me!
- 0 (0%)
IF you cant, then dont PM mE.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 25, 2015, 04:57:24 am

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20

Author Topic: The saga of Ginetolon, the Crewedgears (succesion) desperate for players!  (Read 37883 times)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Re: The saga of Ginetolon, the Crewedgears (succesion) desperate for players!
« Reply #270 on: November 21, 2015, 05:47:47 am »

Wait, why are you complaining about the inactivity, Gwolfski? The fort went inactive during your turn.
it was inactive before that. only one person showed up

latest save::::: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11290
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 06:23:09 am by Gwolfski »
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 21, 2015, 10:01:59 am »

I upgraded to Windows 10 last night, and downloaded the save.  I hope DF runs ok without issue with Win 10.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 22, 2015, 11:16:27 pm »

Just a quick update, I'm up to Timber, late autumn.  Will post more when I sort my notes.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 24, 2015, 03:22:25 pm »

Update: I'm up to Winter 136 and before I continue playing, I wanted to re-read and take notes of prior overseers.  I am still working on how I am to weave my tale into the story.

Crewedgears history
    • Year 1: 125 Gwolfski
    • Year 2: 126 Salmuek, Carpenter
    • Year 3: 127 PsychoAngel, Le Grand Soaper
    • Year 4: 128 TheCheeseMaker
    • Year 5: 129 Eldin00
    • Year 6: Granite to Moonstone, 130 Iamblichos
    • Year 6: Winter, 130 Gwolf2ki - undocumented
    • Year 7: 131 Gwolf2ki - undocumented
    • Year 8: 132 Adrian Roosevelt (Taupe)
    • Year 9: Granite to Timber, 133 Gwolf2ki - undocumented
    • Year 9: Timber to Obsidian, 133 duke Eldin00
    • Year 10: Granite to Obsidian, 134 duke Eldin00
    • Year 10: Obsidian, 134 Taupe, Survivor
    • Year 11: 135 Taupe, Survivor
    • Year 12: 1st to 10th Granite, 136 Gwolf2ki - unaccounted
    • Year 12: 136 Mea (Sanctume)

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 25, 2015, 12:34:54 pm »

Prologue

Hematite, Summer of 135

Another note.  This one says to meet at the ''Messthos commemorative Corridor'' after the party.  The same hooded figure awaits in the shadowed corner.

Hood: That’s far enough soldier.  Who are you?

-- ”I am no one.”

Hood: You lie. Who are you?

-- "I despise the name “Vucar” for it is so common. I am ambitious, but also hate politics.  I prefer to settle things by martial prowess. I am Vucar Otungalath.

Hood: You lie. Who are you, really?

I sigh.
-- "Fine, Vucar Otungalath is no more.  I am now `Sanctumea’ Otungalath, `Sanctumea’ Shockbolted, Mace Lord of the `Macedwarves’ squad."
-- "Too long winded.  Call me, “Mea”.  But who am I kidding?  I can declare as much, but I am just one of 231 “nameless” citizens of Crewedgears."

Hood: Yes, long winded.  "Mea" is a fine name.  They are hardly “nameless” citizens but are rather ordinary folks who prefers to thrive.  Those who are “named” make their mark in history.

Mea: And you are choosing me to be "named"?  I find myself in a predicament that treachery or political maneuver will make a pawn out of me.  I lack social savvy mainly because my time is spent vomiting under the sun while training.

Hood: Only you know your motives and actions, Mea.  Perhaps you need to let go a little from training, and more time to learn “savvy” skills?

Mea:  Look, meeting you here makes me look suspicious as it is.  I just want to this place secured, and the mysterious death to stop.

Hood: If your cause is important, Mea, then you must sacrifice your passions for martial prowess and instead devote preparing for the subtle savvy skills.

Mea:  Do I need to grab power that is so visible?  I want to focus on important needs, and at the same time, I need to learn to do things behind the scenes.

Hood laughs: That sounds like every overseer here in Crewedgears!

Mea: I don’t have time for that.

Hood: It’s a compromise you must consider, Mea.

Mea: I’ve not really paid much attention to those overseers you speak of.  Who are they? And what have they really done?

Hood: That is quite a long tale, Mea.  How about I arrange for you to meet with the “Historian”?

Mea: I don’t have time for that either.

Hood: It is only summer.  We have more than half a year to prepare.

Mea: We? From where I stand, it’s only my head that risks a hammering.

Hood: Alright, "you" have more than half a year to prepare, and gauge "your" risk versus reward, Mea.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 12:36:31 pm by Sanctume »

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 27, 2015, 01:05:16 pm »

Chapter 1 (History Lessons)

Excerpts from the journals of `Sanctumea' Shockbolted, Mace Lord, Crewedgears, 136.
This is a masterful journal bound in jute plant fiber fabric, with tin clasps, encrusted with green zircon gems and giant barn owl bone.

1 Granite, 136
In a lavish room filled with gold furniture.

Historian: Alright Mea, I will have these last week to refresh you on the history.  Please try to remember your “social” lessons throughout.

On 125, Gwolfski argues with the dwarven “glorious” king resulting in banishment and the establishment of a dwarven outpost, Crewedgears. The construction of stockpiles, workshops are threatened by hippos and cave crocodiles.  Effort are focused on digging down, establishing stone, forge, glass industry.  Migrants with children are noted, and the establishment of farms, offices, and trade depot.

Mea yawns: Do I need to hear the minutiae of digs and shops and offices?

Historian frowns: On 126, Salmuek the Carpenter focuses on meeting the needs of the citizens by expanding the food choices, more living spaces, establishing the military hierarchy, architects a central fortress layout, and beginning of walls and moats.

Mea interrupts: See, I don’t need to know all of that.  Tell me about the population, migrants, children, deaths, outside enemies, and military, and enemies within.  And stay to the point so I can see where the danger lies.

Historian: Fine. On 126, More migrants with children arrives.  A human female were-monitor was caught in a cage trap. More migrants came in autumn and trade with mountainhome.

Mea: Better. A were-monitor lizard?

Historian: It is caught in a cage.  Don’t interrupt anymore.

2 Granite, 136
Historian: On 127, PsychoAngel Sprinkletrades, Le Grand Soaper mines for metals, makes soap.  Yes, soap is important.

On spring, PsychoAngel wants peace with elves because he finds the elves to be good trading partner.

Migrants arrive.  Dig to find cavern continues. Lots of gold found.

“A river accidentally.“  Yes that means deaths happen. And more waterfall deaths, again.

On summer, cavern is finally discovered with lots of water and more gold.  And more migrants come.

On autumn and winter, a hospital wing is created.

A bronze colossus, Gleamfight the Oily Persuasions, killed animals outside, and found its way inside, killing children and doctors with a pair of trousers.

The armory is still working on the orders, but the military prevailed with Obok Targetpaddle credited with the kill of the colossus.

Aquifer flooding happens, and another cavern discovered.

Minotaur Zureng T. is another unwanted visitor shut outside.
Public tombs are created with plans for more proper tombs.

No adamantine yet, but have gold, and steel weapons.
Population: 70

3 Granite, 136
Historian: On 128, TheCheeseMaker summarizes: a minotaur rampages outside, a sleepless child in hospital will likely go insane, and bottom-half of the fort is flooding.

TheCheeseMaker sets goals.

The first goal is to kill the Minotaur Zureng T.
The Horse kicks The Minotaur in the head, dead.

The second goal is completed by sealing aquifer breach.

“Bloodfall Chasm” is named for the the waterfall that claims many more lives.
The third goal is to stop Bloodfall Chasm from murdering everyone.
Issue has been addressed with an acceptable 25% casualty rate.

Mea: Acceptable?

Historian continues:  The fourth goal is to fill Gwolfski’s private pool.
Fill Gwolfski's pool cancelled: Owner dead (by Bloodfall Chasm).

The fifth goal is in progress which is to rebuild the military.
There remains two military plus migrant new recruits of: 10 marksdwarves, 1 sworddwarf, and 1 macedwarf.  Training orders are given immediately before any equipment are available.

The sixth goal is completed by engraving and setting down slabs to the fallen and giving peace to the ghost that haunts the halls.

The seventh goal of TheCheeseMaker is to kill all the children.

Mea interrupts: Kill all the children?

Historian ignores the interruption:  One large room with 35 Children and the released human female were-monitor.  The result is four children deaths, and the human having her skull caved in by the children. 

Unknown if any children were infected, and they are left in the room until the next moon cycle.  It is reported that the children slowly died of dehydration within three days of each other.

TheCheeseMaker claims “fun fact”: two graveyards in three years; population 82 with 115 coffins and slabs built.
A sleepless child went insane.
Nobles complain about rooms.
Military is training on the surface.
Gwolf2ki claims prior owner Gwolfski’s estate, and private pool is filled.
Adamantine is struck, but need magma.
Half of population is dying of dehydration.
Adamantine being dug with an unusual being at least 8z above magma thus far.
Upper walls are constructed.
The Ettin Dimshas has come, and was killed by the Captain of the Guard by stabbing both heads with a spear.
Military is getting better, but not well armed.

On the 7th of granite, 129, TheCheeseMaker is being overthrown by the mob population, but instead declared to be stepping down from power.

Mea interrupt: But that is…

Historian: That is history.

4 Granite, 136
Historian: On 129, Eldin00 takes the seat of power, and searches for magma.

Elf trade continues.
Non-stop production of steel and silver; order silver maces and war hammers
More migrants, includes: 2 macedwarves, 2 hammerdwarves, and a sworddwarf.
Population: 101
Magma is found, furnaces and forges built, adamantium processing center planned.
Strand extractions and magma smelters are complete, adamantine making begins.
Obok is mayor.
The forgotten beast Ngoso Usasp has come in the 2nd cavern, shut out.
Liaison and dwarven caravan came.
More migrants, population: 117.
Crewedgears is now a barony with Fath Riddledlance as mayor.

Mea nods: My family and I are among those who arrived in spring.

Historian asks: And what have you been doing since you arrive?

Mea: Train and make babies, I have eight kids now.

Historian continues: On 130, Iamblichos takes the reigns of power

On Spring, Elves claim the we insulted the trees, and warned us, the elf trade continues.
A bone table artifact is created.
Some kid has grown to become a “Survivor.”
Some migrants have arrived, despite the danger.
A miner is found dead, mysteriously.
A goose spars with a cat.

On Summer, a salamander forgotten beast came, sealed outside.
Seven more migrants.
Fath is mayor re-elected.
Gold furnitures are made.
A coffer artifact is created.
Sand collecting and clear glass production starts.

On Autumn, roads are being constructed to battle the insulted trees and their saplings.
FBs duke it out in the caverns, Ngoso is dead.
Dwarf liaison came, the baron is now a duke.
One migrant arrived.
Iamblichos resigned on winter 130.

Historian: Fifteen moon cycles are undocumented from Winter of 130 and all of 131; by the hands of Gwolf2ki.

Mea: So Eldin00 becomes duke, Iamblichos abruptly resigns, and Gwolf2ki has all of Crewedgears for fifteen moons?

Historian shrugs.

5 Granite, 136
Historian: On 132, Adrian Roosevelt, special agent of the Ministry of Not Dying Horribly, arrives in the fortress of Ginetolon; the Crewedgears to investigate.
The highlights of this year are:
Conclusion: the nobles are either cunning saboteurs, or legit incompetents.
Conclusion: Lazy farmers.
The kid’s name, Taupe, is the “Survivor.”

No deaths.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The kid’s name, Taupe, is the “Survivor.”

Mea: Taupe, the current overseer?

Historian corrected: Last year's overseer.

6 Granite, 136
Historian:  On 133, from Granite to Timber, GWolf2ki controls Crewedgears.
The events of these three moon cycles are undocumented.

On 133, Timber until 134, Obsidian, duke Eldin00 takes over with Population: 231
The Second Great Flood of Crewedgears is now contained.
The “Grand Keep” is revealed.

7 Granite, 136
On 134, Obsidian until 135, Obsdian Taupe, Survivor is the overseer.
Taupe Dipsilver, the “Survivor” is chosen as the newest overseer of Crewedgears at the age of 16.

Historian: And so this concludes our week of history of Crewedgears.

I am instructed to advise you to use these new “savvy” skills you’ve been learning in the past nine months. 
Use these thirty days and contemplate on what you want to accomplish.
You will be summoned to the duke’s office in thirty days time.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 02:02:39 pm by Sanctume »

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 30, 2015, 01:54:18 pm »

Chapter 2 (Logistics)

10 Slate 136
One moon cycle later in the lavish office, duke Eldin00 meets with Gwolf2ki and Mea.

Duke: There’s not much formality to it.  Mea, you’re the overseer of Crewedgears.

Gwolf2ki mutters: There was once a purple hat wearing ceremony. 

Mea raises an eyebrow: And what do you need from this overseer position?

Duke: Mea, I need someone to help prepare our military.

Mea: You have plenty of military leaders for that.

Duke: They are busy doing military training.  I need someone to handle the logistics.

Mea: I do need better armor, if that’s motivation enough.

Duke: Exactly.  I was busy with my Grand Tower project.

Mea: What do I have to work with?

Duke: As you know, I found magma and started the smelting productions in 129, that’s 6 years ago.  Three years later, more smelting of metals is continued by Adrian Roosevelt.

At the mention of that name, Gwolf2ki shifts uncomfortably.
Gwolf2ki: I have an updated inventory of the armory.

Steel Armor
  • Helm: 18
  • Breastplate: 6
  • Mail Shirt: 17
  • Gauntlet: 22
  • Greaves: 21
  • High Boots: 40
  • Shield: 4
Metal Bars and Flux and Fuel
  • Steel: 302
  • Iron: 726
  • Pig Iron steel: 7
  • Flux: 246
  • Coke: 1122

Mea: I do remember at it takes 10 bars to complete an armor set of: helm (1), breastplate (3), mail shirt (2), gauntlets (1), greaves (2), and high boots (1).  So with 300 steel bars, that is 10 sets of steel armor.

Mea: Those iron bars need to continue to be made into steel bars with a few more flux.

The duke and Gwolf2ki nod in agreement.

Mea: What’s our complete roster?

Duke: We have six active squads:

Squad Roster
  • 1. Speardwarves: 3
  • 2. Sworddwarves: 4
  • 3. Marksdwarves: 10
  • 4. Axedwarf: 1
  • 5. Hammerdwarves: 2
  • 6. Macedwarves: 4
Squad Leaders
  • 1. Captain of the Guard: Fikod (spear)
  • 2. Militia Commander: Feb N. (sword)
  • Militia captain: Lor O. (hammer)
  • Militia captain: Tulon K.
  • Militia captain: Zon U.
  • Militia captain: Olon M.

Gwolf2ki: That is a total of 14 melee and 10 range, for a population of over 231.  And my own squad.

Mea: Right, I see you train by yourself Gwolf2ki. The logistic supports looks to be intact, so it’s time for some reorganization and recruits to the military.  Doubling our soldier count to 50 is a viable goal.

Duke nods.

Gwolf2ki: I would like the marksdwarves to double in count to twenty.

Mea: I cannot promise the training of recruits, for I know little in shooting a crossbow.  But I can order a marksdwarf training facility for twenty.

Duke: We do have adamantine, but unfortunately, we lack high quality smiths.

Mea: As much as I’d like to have some of that sweet candy, I understand.  Perhaps by the time steel equipment orders are completed, we will have great smiths to show for it.

Duke: Very well, I shall inform the squad leaders of your position.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 02:01:03 pm by Sanctume »

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 01, 2015, 05:37:53 pm »

Chapter 3 (Elevate and Escalate)

11 Slate, 136, Mid-Spring

I stride the halls of Crewedgears in my mismatched uniform: bismuth bronze mail shirt, iron helm, steel greaves, iron gauntlets, steel high boots, fine silver mace, willow wood shield, and ratty clothing.  I actually witness my shirt fall off rotting away this morning.

A peasant approached me in the hall: “My husband Etur L., a planter has been missing for a week.”

I try my best and fail miserably consoling the peasant, “May his corpse be found fertilizing the earth, woman.”

12 Slate

I am lost looking for the farm plots. 
Another peasant approached and notify me that Bomrek L., a farmer has slipped into depression.
I tell the peasant to inform Bomrek that is to do no other job except his labor of love, farming.

I went to spar outside the vomit smeared corner on the surface because I want to hit something hard. 

16 Slate
I went looking for the monster manager TheCheeseMaker who is busy detailing floors.

Mea: Get up from that floor and get my steel armor orders going!

TheCheeseMaker looks at me with contempt: You have eight kids, right?

Mea narrows her eyes pointing an iron gauntlet on his chest with a low clear voice: You will do your job to get my steel armor understand?  If I am not wearing fine steel by year’s end, you will wear these crap armor while it is being smelted.

TheCheeseMaker: Mea, your empty threats are just that, hollow.  By the way, you see these new engravings?

Mea: Yeah, what about them?

TheCheeseMaker: This one is interpreted as “Dodok T, carpenter has slipped into depression.”

Mea:There’s a lot of that going.

TheCheeseMaker smirks: Oh, and rumor says Rovod, O., a trapper has been missing a week.  Have a good day, Mea.

Mea is left agape.  Two in depressions, and two missing. 

I went back to sparring unable to wrap my mind with these sadness and missing individuals.

As I look at my surrounding on this surface barracks, I find it unsatisfactory with all 24 of us crowded in this corner armor stand.

22 Slate

I found the spot for the elevated marksdwarf training facility, and construction begins.

27 Slate
Mayor Obok ended a mandate, then bans export of battle axes.

10 Felsite
The first 10 archery range of the of elevated marksdwarf training facility is complete.
Work on the next 10 archery range.

12 Felsite
The barracks courtyard is mostly floored, rearrange statue, armor stand and weapon racks for proper barracks layout.  The green tint of vomit blends everything to the surface fauna.

16 Felsite
Dodok T., Carpenter is throwing a tantrum.  I followed him around, seems harmless.  Maybe he needs a drink.

18 Felsite
Gave Dodok T., Carpenter his own carpenter shop and hope he becomes happy working.

21 Felsite
The second 10 archery range of the of elevated marksdwarf training facility is complete.

Military Doctrine: Personnel Identification Number (PIN)
Each squad member shall be prefix by their PIN.
The PIN is in the format “AB.C Name” where
  • A = Squad Weapon Type
  • B = Squad Number, starting from 0
  • C = Squad position: 0 = captain, 1-9 members

A = Squad Weapon Type
  • 1. Spear
  • 2. Sword
  • 3. Crossbow
  • 4. Axe
  • 5. Hammer
  • 6. Mace
  • 7. Other

Example:
“60.2 Mea” indicates that Mea is a (6) Macedwarf, (0) first squad, and (3) third squad member.

Planned Roster. x = denotes future recruit

23 Felsite
One of the miners notified me that Vabok M, Weaponsmith has been found dead, dehydrated.

Somehow Vabok M. died in the cavern across water with no dry path getting there.

Further observation, there is a Doren U., Furnace Operator, and Bembul S., Stonecrafter down there also.

I ordered the miner to dig a tunnel above and carve stairs to rescue them.

I asked Gwolf2ki if we have any hatch covers available, and he responded that we have green glass hatch covers.

I instructed the miners to allow stairs access with hatch covers to the places they are tunneling.

27 Felsite

I want the workers to put hatches and cage traps in the tunnels, and outside around the bridge in the cavern.

This cavern is very unsecured.  I must ponder on this.

I also spent time examining the many stone stockpiles all over.  I must create marble stockpile near the forges to use as flux, and disable marble from all other stone stockpiles.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 01, 2015, 11:02:52 pm »

Sanctume, your attention to detail is a blessing for this fortress!

Eldin00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 02, 2015, 06:10:30 am »

Agreed. I'm glad to see that the place is in good hands.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 02, 2015, 10:04:31 am »

Sanctume, your attention to detail is a blessing for this fortress!

Agreed. I'm glad to see that the place is in good hands.

Thanks, but your praise and confidence may be premature because "Bloodfall Chasm."  :D

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 02, 2015, 11:01:50 am »

Chapter 4 (Rescue and Cave In)

1 Hematite, 136, Summer
I order 30 mechanisms and 30 wood cages to help secure this cavern.  There are draltha and elk birds nearby but aren’t as curious as I expected.

I even ordered to place food and drinks in the first cavern.  I also mark an area for a lavish common room for four with beds, tables, chairs, and maybe a handsomely place statue.

3 Hematite
“Praise be the miners for they rescue Doren and Bembul.  But now, Edzul U., Bone Doctor is sighted to the north part of the cavern, so more digging towards the north is needed.

6 Hematite
I found the Craftdwarfs shop, and ordered to engraved slabs of those not yet memorialized, except the horse foals.

8 Hematite
It’s nice to hear from Gwolf2ki to report that 10 steel mail shirts completed.  I replaced my bismuth bronze mail shirt without any other clothing underneath.

I was also informed that there are plenty of leather skins, so I order 30 leather backpacks, cloaks, hoods, and waterskins.  I could use a nice cloak.

9 Hematite
Yes, progress continues as 10 steel high boots are completed.

10 Hematite
Apparently, the uniforms assigned to the military include shirt, so I order 30 silk shirts, and 30 shoes for civilians.  Since the clothiers seems happy with the work, I order 30 yarn robes and socks to match.

16 Hematite
Dodok T., Carpenter is throwing a tantrum again, poor fella.
I’m busy watching the construction in the first cavern: some walls, fortifications, and an archer bunker.

I wish there is some engraver to capture this site.  But this becomes an obsession to the mason.  Miners figured out to carve stairs up to 3z high onto the stalactite, then channel out each layer including the top stairs until there is no remaining 3z high cavern wall.  There is a clear line of sight to the north to whatever may swim out of the water, and to south and east where the elk birds roam.

20 Hematite
FB Stospsmespu, eyeless iguanadont, three short tails and bloated body in cavern 3 announced its presence through the walls.  Its blue scales are small and set apart.  Beware its fire! 

No one is out in cavern 3.

3 Malachite
Still working on the constructions of walls of the cavern. The first floor of the cavern can be a nice courtyard.  With the second and third floor having fortifications to overlook both in the courtyard and outside.

7 Malachite
I have new gear as 10 steel helms and 10 steel breastplates are complete.
TheCheeseMaker is safe from my hollow threats.

23 Malachite
Kivish Urvadatol, Engraver withdraws from society.
Speaking of engravers, where do I place the slabs here?

24 Malachite
Kivish U., takes over a Craftsdwarf shop.
Did Kivish just cancel all the slab engravings I ordered to be memorialized?

1 Galena
Kivish Urvadatol, Engraver made a tetrahedryte amulet.
Pretty.  I hear that “soon” it will be fashionable to wear trinkets.

2 Galena
Dodok is still tantruming.  The guy needs a drink.
I would like to help Dodok, but the cavern stalactite clearing needs my attention.
Dralthas are interrupting the workers, and some of them are caught in the cage traps.

6 Galena
Oh no, a cave in!

Dust spews around, stunning someone.  A few individuals were seen running away from the scene in the first cavern, north of the new fortification.
The constructions are completed, and the remaining task is to clear the stalactites to give view of any incoming hostiles from the water.

No one seems to have fallen in the water to drown.  Although I found a corpse there with an adamantine axe!
More power to the lucky axedwarf who can swim to it.  I set it to forbid, just in case.

Anyway,  Reports says that Taupe, the "Survivor" is channeling a 1z wall and something collapsed.
His ability to grasp is impaired and needs to rest.  Poor guy, nobody is helping him.

Where’s the doctor? I know we have a hospital wing in this place.

10 Galena
Four days later, Taupe got up and is moving by himself to rest.  Good for him.
I followed him take a bed in the hospital.
Libash the mad doctor diagnoses Taupe, and went to Clean Patient with water buffalo soap.
It’s good we have soap. 
Get well soon, Taupe!

15 Galena
Bomrel L., Farmer is throwing a tantrum.  Where’s our hammerer?  Why is he not doing his job with all these tantrums?  Or is this a job for the Captain of the Guard?  Someone mentions about dwarven justice.  Maybe I will look into that later.

17 Galena
Gwolf2ki notifies me that there are 3200 silk threads. I asked why but got a shrug instead.

I order to Clothier Guild to build more looms.  Yeah, I found an empty floor space there, yeah just make looms there and to make silk cloth. 

I’d like a nice silk robe, hood and mittens, but it’s not in the uniform code.  I suppose I can change it, but I’m too busy to worry about luxury at the moment.

18 Galena
I order 30 wood shields, and 30 iron crossbows for marksdwarf recruits.  I figure that recruits will be satisfied with iron crossbows and can later upgrade to steel when more steel bars are smelted.  I did order 90 pig irons and 90 steel to be smelted since in spring.

23 Galena
Gwolf2ki said 10 high steel boots completed.  Oh really? Is this the second batch of armor set?  I’ve lost tabs on the armor status when I got my full steel set.

27 Galena
The woodcutters are eager to chop some trees that are growing, some posing danger below constructed floors around the fortress walls on the surface.

The first cavern fortification is functional.

My focus is now flooring and road construction around the wall, and finished the walls on the northwest surface.

Why do these walls grabs at my attention?  Oh, the fortifications are constructed incorrectly because they do not have ceilings.

The first elevated marksdwarf training facility is completely painted in green vomit, thanks to “Marksdwarves” squad.

I help add my own green tint of I vomit on an artifact armor stand in my barracks section.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 09:40:58 pm by Sanctume »

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 02, 2015, 10:10:29 pm »

Chapter 5 (Bloodfall Chasm)

1 Limestone, 136, Autumn
Most of the roads and walls are completed.

My focus is now straightening the moat in the south: channel excess land, chop trees, remove unnecessary constructions.

It bothers me when dirt next to the walls can attract an invading climber, so I have a great urge to channel these excess dirt.

Unbeknownst to me, I am playing near the infamous Bloodfall Chasm.

There is a door holding off the moat waters on the west.  I want to secure this with a remote lever, and bridge instead of a door.

3 Limestone
Dodok is still tantruming.  What is this?  It’s been half a year, and giving this guy some slack and time to cool off.  Give it a rest, will ya?

4 Limestone
Minkot U., Farmer is found dead.  Dodok punched him in the head.

Fine, you asked for this.  Use Dwarven Justice on Dodok.
Wow that’s a lot of complaints and witnesses.
Spearmaster Vucar punched Dodok in the head, dead.
Thanks Dwarven Justice.

10 Limestone

FB Ngathi has come, a huge warbler with lidless eyes.  It has three narrow tails and it is slavering.  Its russet feathers are long and narrow.  Beware its poisonous gas!

Ngathi is in the first cavern, where Edzul U., Bone Doctor was rescued.  The island is secured by  a forbidden green glass hatch above an up stairs.  Even if it can fly or swim, the first cavern fortifications will seal it out with the raised bridges.

13 Limestone
There are more fortifications constructed incorrectly on the surface north wall, so make adjustments.

20 Limestone
Yep, this is the second batch of armors: 10 steel helms are completed.

21 Limestone
Mayor Obok ended a mandate.

27 Limestone
I found the public cemetery and placed a dozen slabs previously engraved and memorialized.

1 Sandstone
I called for the military squads to be activated for surprise readiness equipment check.

4 Sandstone
Everyone’s equipment is steel and looks very good, so I added 10 recruits to the roster to begin training.

There are new recruits: 3 Axe, 1 Spear, 2 Hammer, 4 Sword, and 4 Mace:
10.3 Adil (spear)
20.4 Tosid (sword)
20.5 Stodir (sword)
40.1 Asmel (axe)
40.2 Obok (axe)
40.3 Dumed (axe)
60.4 Urdim (mace)
60.5 Zon (mace)
50.2 Fikod (hammer)
50.3 Tun (hammer)

I updated every squad’s schedule: Train minimum of 2 soldiers, five times each squad.

5 Sandstone
I also order 10 more sets of steel armor for next 10 marksdwarves.

--
Yeah, about Bloodfall Chasm.

The dirt I ordered to be removed next to the wall happens to be a wall next to what I think is Bloodfall Chasms.

Fortunately, there are no deaths, but the moat is slowly draining.

I did try to build roads on the drying west moat, but abandoned this idea when the workers are getting too much interruption from fluctuation water not drying fast enough.

--

26 Sandstone
I decided to plug the leak with magma since “magma is the answer.”

I want some minecarts with magma inside.
Dig magma filling room.
Make 8 iron minecarts.
Dig some quartzite to create magma-safe mechanisms.

1 Timber
Start building screw pumps in the magma filling room, using nickel, iron and some steel.

16 Timber
Oh no!  Booze is low!
I added 2 farm plots on the surface for more brewable plants.
I found the stills and order to brew drinks from fruits and plants forever.

19 Timber
I chose a spot to build a lever for a bridge plug in the west moat. 
I make sure the mechanic engrave notes on both bridge and lever.

28 Timber
Remove door on west moat, replace with bridge plug while the moat is near dry.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #283 on: December 03, 2015, 03:28:34 am »

There already is a magma cart machine system or just needs some repairs....
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 03, 2015, 10:20:29 am »

There already is a magma cart machine system or just needs some repairs....

I wanted to study that, but I went ahead and done what I understand to work.
Either way, we have more ways to have fun with magma now!

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20