Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

help! I cant get this poll to open again!

If you can help, PM me!
- 0 (0%)
IF you cant, then dont PM mE.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 25, 2015, 04:57:24 am

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20

Author Topic: The saga of Ginetolon, the Crewedgears (succesion) desperate for players!  (Read 37864 times)

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • My silliness is our saving grace.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: The saga of Ginetolon, the Crewedgears (succesion)
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2015, 10:43:44 am »

Overseer's Log: Introduction

It is the fourth of Granite, 127. I have arrived here in Crewedgears to see a fortress that is a good deal disorganized, at least at first glance. Hopefully I can whip that into shape a bit. Or at least, make it look presentable. My top priorities will be as follows:
  • Search for and mine precious metals
  • Make as much soap as possible
  • Ensure the dining room is large enough to accommodate for future residents.

This fortress, I ensure, will become a great piece of dwarven history! Weather or not it fails, becomes the capitol, or survives a hundred years, will attest to the grandeur that we will create! I have heard of plans from the founder that will make his room more luxurious, however as I've never dabbled with such affairs, I may have to put it off. His needs are important, but the greater good of the fort stems above all else, wouldn't you say? Anyway, enough introductions: It is time to begin!

Overseer's Log: Entry One

The actual building of the workshops will have to wait until later. Next, I will scout out the area for caves, loose minerals, and extra gems. Caves will lead us to fungal trees, large veins of minerals, and great deposits of gems. Since elves care SO MUCH about the trees on the surface, replacing the logging up top with logging down below will be very important. Elves are weak, but peace and order are better than war. After my designation, I begin the search for a cavern. Upon inspection, it seems an effort was already made, but was unsuccessful. I hope to change that. Let us hope that my plans will bear fruit.

A few days later, on the fifteenth, an elven caravan arrives. I hope they brought plenty of fruits as usual, we could always use more variance in our drinks. Down in the caverns, we strike tetrahedrite, lapis lazuli, and brown zircon, with no cavern in sight. Hopefully there will be more to it than this. The elves have disappointed me this year, bringing only twenty total fruits. Many of them are limes, which would do very well in the brewery, however, so I suppose it's not a total waste. With that, trading is concluded, and I will now devote my efforts to the events down below. I also temporarily leave the brewing industry in order to build the workshops required for soap-making. Due to the nature of my craft, I order the carpenters to make more buckets. We will need them.

I immediately inspect the scene only to find that the human in question is confined to a cage. Relieving. I hope that I will not have to watch over the beast.

It looks like my plans for finding a cavern have not yet borne fruit, so I shall extend them until I do. I tell some of the idle dwarves to assist in the soap-making procedure. I assign several of them to do both wood burning and lye-making. This will speed up the process considerably.

Minerals have been found down below, however there is nothing else to report quite yet. I had doubled the length of the search tunnels, to no avail. A cavern is yet to be seen by the eyes of Crewedgears. We will dig deeper instead of farther this time.

On the sixteenth of Slate, migrants arrive! They include two rangers, a metalsmith, two fishery workers, a clothier, a stonecrafter, a brewer, a miller, a wood burner, an engineer, a pump operator, two farmers, two unskilled workers, and a bone doctor. A very useful bunch of workers indeed. To commemorate the migrants, the glassmaker Avuz Yellsabbey throws a party in the dining hall. Show them some good old-fashioned Crewedgears hospitality, friend.

Down below, no caverns have been found, although we have hit a vein of Native Gold. I have high hopes for the future of Crewedgears, and Spring isn't over yet. I go to the forges and order them to smelt some gold.

Troubling news, a few dwarves were out by the mouth of the river, and apparently an accident occurred. The newly-arrived bone doctor and one of the miners were found dead, drowned in the river. Damn, we will have to be more careful in the future.

One of the brewers tells me that we are out of empty barrels, so I tell the carpenters to fix that problem. More gold is struck deep underground. This is welcome news.

And that's all I've got for now. Stay tuned, guys!

Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Quote from: PsychoAngel on January 19, 2016
Don't worry. I've got extremely volatile exploding fish.
My friends and I say a lot of fun things to each other.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2015, 03:13:35 pm »

DO  MY OFFICE OR ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL THE PLANS ARE IN THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BTW, I WANT A SILVER DESK AND A GOLDEN THRONE INSTEAD OF F***ING WOOD!!!!!

[edit]
sorry bout that, ran out of [DRINK-MAT] producing plants!
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2015, 10:28:15 am »

Alrighty, round two is coming up!

Let's see what I can accomplish today...
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2015, 11:28:48 am »

Overseer's Log: Entry Two

It is the twenty-fourth of Slate, 127. Our miners are feverishly searching the underground for a cavern. So far we've found gold and gems, however the amount we have will simply not be enough. A cavern must be found.

The dwarves keep insisting on telling me when the weremonitor transforms. It's in a cage and can't get out, get over it. On the not-so-annoying side, the carpenters are creating very nice barrels. Masterpieces at that. The miners have dug down to layer 81 underground, and have yet to find any sign of a cavern of any kind. Troubling, but not the end of the world. I know I said that the amount of gold we had was not enough, but as I say that, more is uncovered. The veins of gold stretch far beyond what we can see, I'm certain. This means that a cave will not be as crucial to Crewedgears as it would be to other forts, and as such, we are safe from forgotten beasts until we find one.

Now that we have plenty of barrels, I order the brewers to brew some drinks out of the fruit we recently acquired. Variance in the kitchen is a very important way to keep stressed dwarves sane.
Next, I begin mining much of the gold that was recently found, while using patterns for digging which allow us to find more ore that may be around.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Hopefully we will find much more gold in the rocks here.

Sad news. One of the rangers has been missing for a week. upon farther inspection, it seems that our hunters do not know the meaning of caution. They really like jumping into the waterfall, don't they? Troubling. It seems like I'll have to build walls around the river to ensure the hunters don't commit suicide. I extend the plans that my predecessors set in place and permit the idle workers to build the walls. Hopefully this will be enough. With this, there are no more idle hands in Crewedgears.

As that happens, I look down in the caverns to see what the miners have found. Plenty more gold was uncovered and mined thanks to my plans.

Gwolfski, the founder and one of the carpenters informs me that we have run out of wood. Let's fix that, shall we? I order some trees to be chopped down.

It appears that the walls are finished. The amount of idlers in the fortress have gone back up to ten. I'll fix that, too. I order the sand and dirt floors in the founder's chamber to be replaced with fine stone. Next up will be upgrading his furniture.
With that, I commence the creation of soap. First we burn wood for ash, make it into lye, and turn it into soap. We will have soap. We will be clean. I dig out some space near the kitchens in order to make butcher's shops. We need meat and we need tallow. Let's get on to that right now.
Apparently, we ran out of gold whilst creating Gwolfski's furniture. I expand the forge in order to industrialize the smelting of ores. In the meantime, as it seems we do not have an axe considering the trees I ordered cut are still not cut, I order the smith to make two iron battle axes.
With that, it is the twenty-fourth of Felsite. I resign to my chamber for now.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2015, 11:50:21 am »

send me a screenshot of my office pls!

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2015, 01:54:31 pm »

Furniture isn't done, your finished office (probably without pool because of the hunting accidents prompting for a wall) will be in the next update in all of its gold and siltstone glory.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2015, 02:06:33 pm »

i NEED the pool for drowning my enemies hygiene !

TheCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2015, 10:59:51 am »

So is this fort still going on? PsychoAngel, you haven't updated in almost 2 weeks, when the rules say you have 1 week total to finish your turn.
As it turns out, pulling every lever in the fortress wasn't as good of an idea as it sounded like at the time.

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2015, 12:29:59 pm »

Okay, sorry about that. I haven't had a whole lot of time recently, but I should be able to get a HUGE session in tomorrow. At least a couple of hours, I'm really getting the overseer's itch right now.

Karevos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2015, 03:52:39 pm »

I only Inform that I'm still alive and waiting.

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 29, 2015, 12:47:12 pm »

Sorry about the wait, guys.

I'm now beginning my play session in which I hope to end my year.

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2015, 03:22:34 pm »

Overseer's Log: Entry Three

It is the twenty-fourth of Felsite, as previously established. The plans are in place for the expansion and industrialization of the forge.

It is almost summer, and I hope that all will be well before the year is out. I permit s a few idlers to train in the art of butchery so that there may be meat for the dwarves, and tallow for the soap. I feel that building the wall beforehand was the right course of action. No casualties have been reported since construction was mandated.

The miners have finished the stockpile room, and now we can have metal ores right next to the forges. Many idle dwarves have already begun to haul the gold up from down below.
With that, it is now summer, the first of Hematite.

Overseer's Log: Entry Four
Summer has arrived, and with it, more high hopes of riches in the depths as well as many more jobs to be done. People are hauling food and ores into their proper stockpiles, and the miners have been ordered to dig as deep as possible. We will find a cavern if it kills us. Which, in all likelihood, just might.

What's this? Looks like it's full of water, but there's gold and galena everywhere. We'll see just what else is down here. In related news, with the expansion of the forges done, I have permitted a few other idlers to smelt the ores. Now we can craft masterful golden jewelry for trade.

In the cavern, I have designated a zone in which dwarves can fish. This will ensure we have more food in the fort for years to come. I also mandate that a well be constructed. There is a stretch of cavern to the south that has solid ground, so I will make it a top priority that we can get there in order to secure more wood.

After some digging, it is known that the only way to get to that solid ground is to build a bridge. Damn, we don't have time for this. There are more pressing matters to be attended to, such as the soap situation.

Great news! The forges have produced more than enough gold, and now Gwolfski's golden furniture is complete!

On the second of Malachite, migrants have arrived. More workers, more mouths to feed, more minds to keep sharp, and muscles to be toned. Long may Crewedgears thrive.

We now have soap, yes! I intend to make good use of it when the time comes.

Now that we have wood, bins, and barrels, I order more drinks to be made. High time we use the fruit I bought.

Time passes without incident.

People keep telling me when the weremonitor transforms. At this point I don't see why you guys care so much about her, she's harmless.

I have dug out space for a secondary dining hall, in case the first one gets full. I will carve a picture of it in the journal as it nears completion. I have kept it fairly simple so it may be expanded easily if need be. I will appoint all idle dwarves present at the moment to be a team of stone smoothers.

No incidents occur during this time aside from a child trowing a party. happy dwarves are efficient dwarves.

A room has been designated for digging so the mayor can finally get the proper offices.

With that, Autumn has arrived.

Overseer's Log: Entry Five

It is now the first of Limestone, and no incident has occurred since spring ended.

The mayor's room is being smoothed, and the fellows from the mountainhome will arrive in no time, with all the work that needs to be done.

Time passes without much to say. No news is good news, I suppose.

The dwarven caravan arrives on the ninth of Limestone, and I hope to do plenty of business with them. Plenty of tools, weapons, and foodstuffs. Ah, the joys of trading.
I tell the liaison that we would like military goods, leather, and several other things. With that, the agreements are made, and trading can begin.
A huge deal is done, with some offerings to the mountainhome. They will be back next year with even more items than before.

It is the sixteenth of Limestone, and the fort continues to prosper.

Unfortunately, this is all I can do for today. As I have school tomorrow, I'll have to finish it up afterward. If I don't have it done by Wednesday, I'll pack it up and have the next guy take over.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2015, 04:51:17 pm »

Hurray, it lives!
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2015, 05:43:15 pm »

Of course it lives, you think I'd abandon the fort when there was no soap?  :P

All seriousness, it wasn't really intentional of me to not play for most of Spring Break. For some reason I haven't had the itch for it until now.

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 31, 2015, 03:03:32 pm »

Okay, after a visit from a friend yesterday, I am now ready to most likely finish my turn!

First, though, I will restart my computer because it likes to be difficult when I first turn it on every day.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20