Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

help! I cant get this poll to open again!

If you can help, PM me!
- 0 (0%)
IF you cant, then dont PM mE.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 25, 2015, 04:57:24 am

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20

Author Topic: The saga of Ginetolon, the Crewedgears (succesion) desperate for players!  (Read 37920 times)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Re: The saga of Ginetolon, the Crewedgears (succesion)
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2015, 04:00:19 pm »

Wow, the usual gangs all here... I would like a turn, please  :)
ok year 8
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • My silliness is our saving grace.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2015, 08:12:41 pm »

Is Crewedgears going to be Doomforests II? Jeez, who'da thunk that we'd all flock to the same place?  :P
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Quote from: PsychoAngel on January 19, 2016
Don't worry. I've got extremely volatile exploding fish.
My friends and I say a lot of fun things to each other.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2015, 09:11:44 pm »

Is Crewedgears going to be Doomforests II? Jeez, who'da thunk that we'd all flock to the same place?  :P

New succession games with fairly relaxed rulesets are hard to come by these days, so I'm hardly surprised. Most everything is years-deep in fortress metaplot (and as such fairly inpenetrable) or modded via MLP or Masterwork.

Do you really, desperately want that ugly chunk of dirt and kaolinite as your bedroom? I could move you to a much nicer location complete with stone floors and even more space!

yes i do!

i mined it myself!

(i mean it. i assigned myself to the room with a burrow and dug it myself!)

though if you could, put OAK WOOD on the dirt floors, and engrave the walls( walls only, not the floors)
blueprints:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
AND it's my office!

remember to fill my pond!!!!

Sure thing. Your pond might take a while, though, and I'll have to source some oak wood for your flooring.

We take checks and most cards, your estimate for the work is 874.67 and we should be done in a week or so. We're having Billy put in your floor, he's an experienced woodworker and you can definitely trust his judgement when it comes to mixing wood and raw stone on the same floor.

Now for your pond, that might take a bit of doing. If we back the pump truck up to your entrance here, the knock out this wall here you see? That would let us get right up into your room and fill the pond easily. Otherwise it would be me and Billy hauling buckets for a few days. It won't be cheap either way, though, so just let us know what you think.

Excerpt taken from last weeks episode of This Old Fortress.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2015, 12:23:13 pm »

Now for your pond, that might take a bit of doing. If we back the pump truck up to your entrance here, the knock out this wall here you see? That would let us get right up into your room and fill the pond easily. Otherwise it would be me and Billy hauling buckets for a few days. It won't be cheap either way, though, so just let us know what you think.
Make it out of cherry if u cant get oak!
WAYY safer and easier to fill it by hand. if u want, disable all water hauling frome everybody and enable it on me!

OR

follow this plan:
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 12:04:09 pm by Gwolfski »

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2015, 05:36:47 am »

24th Limestone
Four migrants arrived today. Better than one, I suppose.

2 Farmers
1 Ranger
1 Mechanic

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
25th Limestone
I took a closer look at the human today. She's rather skinny, and has blindingly-white hair.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2nd Sandstone
Medtob pushed his way into a mason's workshop today, kicking out the dwarf inside. He rapidly retrieved two unassuming boulders of stone, then sat upon them speaking to himself in strange tones and patterns. A few words were heard here and there, chants of "the skin of the leather of the skin of the leather of the . . ."

Suffice to say, nobody dared venture near while the crazed mason sat.

4th Sandstone
Traders arrived today, and while their wagons couldn't access the depot they did bring news from the outside. Elbowknives fell, apparently, but no one really knew who or what that was. Inconsequential, probably.

We agreed upon pricing for various goods. Their liaison handed us a stiff parchment, upon which was a pre-written list of desired items.

The mountain home was out of booze, apparently, and double price was offered on any alcohol sold next autumn. Also heavily requested were figurines made of pearl. Considering the absence of fishing talent at this fortress, this was a silly request.

11th Sandstone
The creature transformed today, falling into a berserk rage and thrashing against the cage.

13th Sandstone
Medtob finished his artifact, having stolen a scrap of leather from the caravan last week. A siltstone throne plain in material, but of immaculate design and craftsmanship.

We have placed it in the dining hall, currently a few z-levels down from the food stores. The dining room expands about the staircase, a very efficient design that sacrifices most security.

17th Timber
We have successfully spanned the river canyon today. With a silver bridge, no less! Well, silver-plated marble.

11th Opal
Another strange mood occurred. Again, a mason claiming stone and leather. Let's see what that get's us!

20th Opal
I woke up today to the sounds of shouting. Kubuk had finished his artifact, returning to normality with no particular memory of what had just occurred. His creation was a stupendous hatch cover, something that the other masons claim to be 'virtually impenetrable'. Perhaps a great boon, if used correctly!

2nd Obsidian
A mutilated corpse was discovered at the bottom of the staircase today, next to some blood-covered logs.

It took us a while to recognize it as Goden, but even then how it got there was a mystery. No one really knew him, so he must have been a new migrant at some point. But how did he end up dead and in pieces at the bottom of our heavily-traveled staircase?

OOC:

Save here: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=10650

Here's the DFMA: http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-12425-crewedgears

Not much to say, I place a note on the levers to indicate which bridge they opened.

You might want to beef up our military. Have fun!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 12:45:36 pm by Salmeuk »

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2015, 01:29:22 pm »

did you do my office?

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2015, 01:32:29 pm »

MAXCATS TURN!!!

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2015, 04:32:47 pm »

That's a seriously sexy hatch cover.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2015, 12:57:49 am »

Ok. I will get started tomorrow (Technically later today)
You can't make an omelette without melting a few dwarves...
The purple overseer hat weights heavily on one's head. Some would argue that the leadership of Doomforest is uneasy to bear for too long. Others would simply suggest that we don't craft the next overseer hat out of rutile.

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2015, 01:05:06 pm »

can't do it this time. I pass the hat onto the next person.
You can't make an omelette without melting a few dwarves...
The purple overseer hat weights heavily on one's head. Some would argue that the leadership of Doomforest is uneasy to bear for too long. Others would simply suggest that we don't craft the next overseer hat out of rutile.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2015, 02:18:43 pm »

can't do it this time. I pass the hat onto the next person.

right. ill add you to the end of the line. next person!

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2015, 02:20:48 pm »

psychoangel,your turn!!!!

P.S.
remember to do mmy office
plans
[/quote][/spoiler]
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 02:22:54 pm by Gwolfski »

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2015, 03:35:41 pm »

I might not be able to get a good start 'till Friday, but I'll see what I can do before then.

We may have to delay the office stuff for a bit. I usually don't dabble in mechanics/fluid physics, so it might be a bit difficult for me. I'll see just how difficult it is when it comes to it, though.
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2015, 04:13:23 pm »

We may have to delay the office stuff for a bit. I usually don't dabble in mechanics/fluid physics, so it might be a bit difficult for me. I'll see just how difficult it is when it comes to it, though.

just follow the plans. everything nothing can go wrong!!!

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2015, 09:06:11 am »

Sorry for the delay, guys. I will be starting my turn soon.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20