Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

help! I cant get this poll to open again!

If you can help, PM me!
- 0 (0%)
IF you cant, then dont PM mE.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 25, 2015, 04:57:24 am

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20

Author Topic: The saga of Ginetolon, the Crewedgears (succesion) desperate for players!  (Read 37934 times)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Re: The saga of Ginetolon, the Crewedgears (succesion)
« Reply #195 on: July 10, 2015, 04:36:29 am »

my turn! time to fix this mess!
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

TheCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 10, 2015, 11:08:24 pm »

28 Obsidian, 132

Dear Mother,

It was another long waiting period between my letters, and for that, I apologize.  Things have been incredibly busy around here.  Remember the new overseer, from the beginning of the year, the one who I strongly disliked?  Well, Gwolfski and I made attempted to make plans to remove him from power, but we never got the chance.

Since summer I had been stopped with nonstop orders from him, telling me to "make two rock thrones" here, and immediately when I finished organizing their construction, he immediately provided me with another task to complete.  THEN, when I finally had some free time, I went to meet Gwolfski in the crypt like we discussed, but the entire room was being paved over in stone by dozens of workers.  It's almost like the overseer new we were up to something...(obviously not terrorist activities, because only terrorists do those, and I'm not a terrorist).

Perhaps he did, because when I woke up this morning, the letters that I had written with Gwolfski, detailing where to meet to discuss the situation had completely disappeared (I was supposed to burn them, but walking all the way to the magma sea to throw them into seemed like too much work).  Then when I went looking for the overseer to discuss new orders for today, he had completely vanished, along with his entire family.

I quickly went to speak with Gwolfski, and told him that our plans to remove the overseer were successful, largely due to my incredible cunning and ingenuity.  When he reminded me that we never actually made plans, I told him that he could be the new overseer.  He joyously walked away, muttering something about "fixing what Urist ruined."

Speaking of Gwolfski II, there are rumors going around that he is actually the original Gwolfski who faked his death.  I do not believe them, because although he looks the exact same as the old Gwolfski, there is one major difference: his hair is done differently.  Everyone knows that the way a dwarf does their hair remains constant throughout the entirety of their life, meaning the two Gwolfskis must be different dwarves.

Anyway, I apologize for not writing sooner, say hello to Little Bomrek for me, and Catten and Father.

With love,
TheCheeseMaker
As it turns out, pulling every lever in the fortress wasn't as good of an idea as it sounded like at the time.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #197 on: July 11, 2015, 04:10:38 am »

look at the mess here! Useless gold pillars everywherre! The nice, soft moss in the old tombs gone! NO wood! He was pretending to be a woodcutter! Could have cut some tree down!

Anyway, time for me to fix this. Hate having to change my hairstyle, but some people were being suspicious.

(ill update later)

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 11, 2015, 12:22:04 pm »

there should be wood down in a random pile left bu the minecart.

Also do sign me up for a second turn.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 13, 2015, 05:00:22 am »

Quote from: PsychoAngel
and tell the farmer to milk whatever pleases him.

oh dear lord I couldn't stop laughing and I don't know why

I want to highlight two phrases PsychoAngel used:  "Crewedgears has faced a few troubles this year, but thrives even still," and "Crewedgears is in a good spot right now."

I BEG TO DIFFER.

Right now, a minotaur is rampaging on the surface.  A child in the hospital is refusing to sleep and probably will go insane soon.  We currently have a grand total of 2 surviving military dwarves, and neither of them are very skilled.  No less than three ghosts are haunting the fortress.  Anything else? Oh yeah.  THE LOWER HALF OF THE ENTIRE FUCKING FORTRESS IS FLOODING.

Psha, nothing too serious. . .

What does that look like to you? What was its original purpose?  I have no idea.  I can tell you what it is though: it is the most potent and terrifying death trap I have ever seen.  Dwarves go to build the wall, walking straight through the water, and get pushed down the waterfall and splatter on the rocks at the bottom.

We lost a total of ten dwarves trying to seal off the river, including two of the previous overseers, Gwolfski and Salmeuk.  Also, notice the red wall on the left? That's not clay or sand, it's blood from the various dwarves who have splattered on the bottom.

As she fell, Salmeuk thought back to her first meeting with Gwolfski. The awkward exchange, absence of rapport, and his non-stop rambling about this or that industrial endeavor. She remembered first taking a look at his engineering by the river, noting how dangerous the various passageways and tunnels were. She had thought to herself at that point, "If I'm going to die here, it's not going to be at the hands of some goblin or the fangs of a giant cave spider or the crushing grip of some megabeast - I'm going to get killed by that damn Gwolfski and his incessant tinkering."

And so, she was right. It was some small comfort that, as she tumbled and spun through the rushing air, she caught a glance of Gwolfski himself tripping over the gap.

Nice writeup cheesemaker!

That's absurd and amazing all at once. Large, old forts just stop making sense at some point.

A lot if names are eerily similar. There too they had a Salmeuk individual taking over after the founder, and a grand soaper named PsychoAngel. Now this could be a coincidence...
-It never is.

hehehehe

I applaud your attempt to logically parse what the fortress had become at that point, but it seemed utterly hopeless reading your entries. I suspect you had an extremely positive influence that will shortly be rendered pointless.

my turn! time to fix this mess!

oh dear lord

--

I just realized I had been a part of this . . . fortress. . . some months ago and caught myself up. Gwolfski, you outdo yourself in the best of ways and I look forward to our inevitable fates as mere cogs in your design.

Oh, uh, does a Salmeuk 2 actually exist? I wasn't clear on that. If he/she does you should post the thought screen for my inspiration. Otherwise, just leave it be. Salmeuk's death was oddly appropriate and that's all you can really ask for in a fortress like this.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 05:05:57 am by Salmeuk »

Eldin00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 20, 2015, 12:41:52 am »

look at the mess here! Useless gold pillars everywherre! The nice, soft moss in the old tombs gone! NO wood! He was pretending to be a woodcutter! Could have cut some tree down!

Anyway, time for me to fix this. Hate having to change my hairstyle, but some people were being suspicious.

(ill update later)

You've had the save for over a week now. with no updates. Can we get an update on your progress, or at least an estimate on when you might have something?

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #201 on: July 20, 2015, 02:50:26 am »

would have updated 2 days ago, but storms and no power. got hold of a laptop, but low battery, so might be 2morrow?

Eldin00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 20, 2015, 01:10:20 pm »

Ok, no problem. Just trying to keep things from stalling out too much.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 22, 2015, 01:39:56 pm »

So, twelve days later, how are things doing?

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #204 on: July 22, 2015, 02:18:04 pm »

electricity is back. am working at full speed. max 3 days

TheCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 28, 2015, 05:16:51 pm »

So, now that it's 5 days later, how close are you to completion? Or would it be alright if we move on to the next person in the list?
As it turns out, pulling every lever in the fortress wasn't as good of an idea as it sounded like at the time.

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
  • More than just an average drunken axe-crazy nutjob
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 28, 2015, 08:15:13 pm »

This is a great read!
Could I perhaps be added to the turn list?
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Stuff I was/am involved with:
The Succession Tower, ConstructIvory
Bonepillar                    Thunderdoom
Parallel Fortresses

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 28, 2015, 09:24:41 pm »

So, now that it's 5 days later, how close are you to completion? Or would it be alright if we move on to the next person in the list?
Yeah it's probably safer to just pass on the turn to Eritzap at this point.

TheCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 28, 2015, 10:15:05 pm »

I sent a pm to Eritzap, so I guess we'll see if Gwolfski has finished or not. If not I think the save should pass on. 3 weeks without an update is a pretty long time, sorry Gwolfski.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #209 on: July 29, 2015, 10:55:22 am »

whoa, save almost ready. had another strorm, they say electricity back in a few hours. just need it to charge other laptop, so i can acces save. blame nature.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20