Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

help! I cant get this poll to open again!

If you can help, PM me!
- 0 (0%)
IF you cant, then dont PM mE.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 25, 2015, 04:57:24 am

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20

Author Topic: The saga of Ginetolon, the Crewedgears (succesion) desperate for players!  (Read 37918 times)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Re: The saga of Ginetolon, the Crewedgears (succesion)
« Reply #210 on: July 29, 2015, 11:52:46 am »

This is a great read!
Could I perhaps be added to the turn list?
yeah sure

F@CK WINDOWS 8!!!! DF KEEPS CRASHING. HAVE TO USE LAST BACKUP. WINDOWS XP IS BETTER.http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11020
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 29, 2015, 01:42:42 pm »

whoa, save almost ready. had another strorm, they say electricity back in a few hours. just need it to charge other laptop, so i can acces save. blame nature.

Out of curiosity, where do you live that the power goes out so much in thunderstorms?
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #212 on: July 29, 2015, 02:59:50 pm »

Poland. (holidasys.) storms are rare but, powerfull

TheCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 29, 2015, 04:43:54 pm »

Anything important happen during your turn, Gwolfski?
As it turns out, pulling every lever in the fortress wasn't as good of an idea as it sounded like at the time.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #214 on: July 30, 2015, 05:03:59 am »

not realy, just some expansion andridicoulusly wastwfull stuff like a adamantine dining room investing in adamantine(we need more of it!), also, there is an unfinished g. glass bridge. finidh it pls. i also have made some slabs, pls place them in the slab hall, NOT in the engravings.oh, thecaravans: elven one fell of the waterfall! lol. dwarven one bugged out and put stacks of rotting food everywere. i have built river damming systems, one lever is by the southeast b ridge, for the waterfall, the one to the left of  itcontrols input to the well hole reservoir thingy. the one in the powerroom pump intake, on the right controls the dam that is besiede it. the lever north controls the river exit. post pics later. there also is unfinished tree farm, oh yeah, got a gaint leopard. pls train it as war and asign to Gwolf2ki.

TheCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 30, 2015, 08:59:47 am »

oh, thecaravans: elven one fell of the waterfall! lol.

i have built river damming systems

NO NO NO NO NO NO!

We spent a good 4 years without anyone dying to that deathtrap. And now YOU have allowed it to return. Mark my words! It shall bring ruin to us all!
As it turns out, pulling every lever in the fortress wasn't as good of an idea as it sounded like at the time.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 30, 2015, 12:29:28 pm »

The following message was decrypted using a secret governmental code. It was sent from an inside informer residing in Crewedgears.

''Dear mister Government person,

It seems that your recent stay and stream of questions has stirred things up here. Notably, your investigation regarding past overseer Salmeuk and his mysterious disappearance. A few weeks after you left, ol' overseer Gwolfsky2 (Or Gwolf2ky as he insist we call him) started acting suspicious(-er) and reopened the river projects, trapping various caravaneers to their death. Now with so many dangerous damming operations and a bunch of wagons piled over it, we'll never be able to recover Salmeuk's body. It's clear that the dude's trying to cover his tracks...

Thankfully, Gwolf2ky complains of a lack of power from his machinery, saying that ''power shortages'' prevent him from accomplishing his goals and running the fortress. I'm not sure who's gonna take over, tho, so it's hard to know if things will be better or worse off.''

Eldin00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 30, 2015, 03:49:08 pm »

I'm busy all weekend, so I'll give Eritzap at least until Monday to show up and claim the save. Otherwise, it looks like I'm up again next.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #218 on: July 31, 2015, 04:36:06 am »

some body  gots this all wrong, i dammed the river, no loss of life, and recovered all the goodies and corpses.

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
  • More than just an average drunken axe-crazy nutjob
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 03, 2015, 05:59:57 pm »

So, is this still happening, or?
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Stuff I was/am involved with:
The Succession Tower, ConstructIvory
Bonepillar                    Thunderdoom
Parallel Fortresses

TheCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 03, 2015, 11:33:26 pm »

I sent a pm to Eldin00. He should reply tomorrow. If not, we go to the next person.

Eldin00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 04, 2015, 12:24:22 pm »

Ok. I'll download the save today, and should have a report up before the end of the week.

Eldin00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 09, 2015, 06:58:07 pm »

Sorry for no update yet. Just wanted to report that my turn is under way, and I expect to have a report and save to post by Monday evening, or Tuesday at the latest.

Eldin00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 12, 2015, 12:38:37 am »

My turn is complete. Save is here. Report with screenshots will be up within the next couple of hours. Next up is cherryhearts, I'll send a PM once I have the full report up.

Eldin00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 12, 2015, 01:57:11 am »

Excerpts from the journal of Eldin00, Duke of Crewedgears

18th Timber, 133-
As Gwolfski’s “successor” can no longer continue, it falls upon myself to again take a more active hand in the overseeing of our fortress. We appear to have prospered since I last set aside the day-to-day administration. Our population has risen to 231 dwarves, and my previous work to get adamantine and steel production moving has paid off well, as we now have an abundance of steel bars and adamantine wafers. And steel and adamantine arms and armor have been produced, though it appears someone let smiths of moderate skill work with the blue metal.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

We have adequate food supplies, but it appears that our previous overseer has allowed the fortress to run completely out of booze!

I check, and we have plenty of brewable items, and we have functional stills. So it seems that the problem is simply that nobody thought to order any drinks to be brewed. I immediately order that booze be produced continuously at 2 stills until further notice, lest a dwarf be forced to endure *shudder* sobriety….

I note that we have forgotten beasts lurking in the caverns. Fortunately, the caverns are presently secured, so we can deal with them if and when we choose. (assuming, that is, that I can work out which levers operate the various bridges).

With the magma forges and smelters fully up and running, we no longer need the conventional forges. I order them dismantled. I also order space to be dug for additional magma forging operations.

Someone appears to have begun building a system for bringing magma to the surface via minecarts… but apparently with the intent of building an artificial magma lake in the archery range, rather than trying to move the magma industry closer to the surface. The system does not appear to currently be operational, and no instructions on its use or construction can be found.

8th Moonstone, 133-
It seems that one of our previous overseers saw fit to leave a portion of the fortress open for access to the river, just below the waterfall. This section is now flooding. I’ve ordered walls built in an attempt to stem the flow of water.

The flood also found it’s way down to the zoo and one of the dining rooms. I’ve fobidden the doors to the flooding hallway, and ordered an airlock built in an attempt to prevent the flood from spreading any further in this direction.

8th Opal, 133-
What is being called the second great flood of Crewedgears is now contained. Due to some dwarves preferring to throw parties over building walls and doors, we lost more hallways than I originally had hoped, and some unused bedrooms. We will also need to dig some new access tunnels to the zoo, but the majority of the fortress now should be safe from this latest flood. Investigations of what has caused the river to overflow its banks are underway, but I suspect it to be one of Gwolfski’s water projects. Unfortunately, the child Erush Zulbanenseb was washed into deep water and drowned.

21st Opal, 133-
The cause of the flooding has been confirmed. The river was blocked by floodgates to the north of the fortress. This blockage left the inflow from the waterfall nowhere to drain to, raising the river level until it overflowed into the fortress. I’ve ordered a lever constructed and linked to these floodgates, so that they can be opened to release the excess water. Hopefully, the flooded sections can be reclaimed.

28th Obsidian, 133-
The Gem Cutter Mebzuth Aludtobul made a crown out of red spinel today.

It’s rather a nice crown, but I do wish she had crafted something more useful.

On other topics, now that the floodgates blocking the river have been opened, the waters are beginning to recede.The upper of the 2 flooded levels should clear out enough to begin building pumps to clear the lower level within a few months. Additionally, I have decided that what this place needs is a grand keep up in the courtyard. I’ve ordered that production of stone blocks begin in earnest, and will begin on the keep itself once block supplies have reached sufficient levels.

9th Granite, 134-
Elven merchants arrived today. I’ll try to trade with them just so that our broker can perhaps learn a thing or two about actually brokering (one can only hope).

27th Slate, 134-
Another forgotten beast has arrived in the mostly flooded cavern. Maybe this one will come close enough to land that our soldiers can kill it?

Also, work is progressing on our grand keep. I hope to have parts of it ready for occupation by the end of the year.

19th Felsite, 134-
Yet another monstrosity has entered the caverns beneath our fortress.

The upper flooded level has mostly dried out now. It’s still a bit muddy, but otherwise, should be usable. I’ve ordered the construction of a pumping station to begin the task of draining the lower of the 2 flooded levels.

12th Hematite, 134-
Alåth Èrithidek the bone carver has created a magnificent floodgate from the bones of a blue peafowl.

18th Hematite, 134-
The beasts just keep coming. At this rate, we shan’t likely reclaim the caverns anytime soon.

21st Malachite, 134-
All parts of the fortress which were lost to the 2nd great flood of Crewedgears are now, while still somewhat damp, fully accessible again. And I have walled off the river access through which the floodwaters entered in the first place, so we should be safe from that particular source of flooding in the future, at least. I’ve ordered the retaining walls deconstructed and some of the doors unsealed to facilitate further cleanup and reclamation efforts.

12th Sandstone, 134-
Construction on the grand keep is coming along nicely.

20th Sandstone, 134-
Our mayor, Fath Dallithkûbuk, fell to her death today in a construction accident. Apparently, she felt that the very staircase she was deconstructing was an appropriate place to stand while doing the job. Hopefully her replacement, Obok Vetekiden, will prove to be a more reasonable sort.

2nd Timber, 134-
It seems there is no end to the accursed beasts which plague our caverns.

5th Moonstone, 134-
I find it strange that no caravan from the mountainhomes visited us this year. I wonder if some tragedy befel them?

In happier news, Stodir Amugaban the carpenter created an animal trap of legendary quality today.

10th Obsidian, 134-
As we enter the deepest part of winter, the burden of managing the day-to-day running of the fortress begins to weigh upon me. I feel it is time to step aside, and allow another to assume that responsibility. The grand keep, while not yet finished, has taken form enough to allow another to finalize the details. It shall be my legacy.

As I step aside, our population has grown to 239 dwarves, we possess fabulous wealth, and our stockpiles are full to bursting with excellent quality food and drink. Truly, this is a fortress that any dwarf would be proud to call home.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20