Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

help! I cant get this poll to open again!

If you can help, PM me!
- 0 (0%)
IF you cant, then dont PM mE.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 25, 2015, 04:57:24 am

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20

Author Topic: The saga of Ginetolon, the Crewedgears (succesion) desperate for players!  (Read 37901 times)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Re: The saga of Ginetolon, the Crewedgears (succesion)
« Reply #255 on: September 08, 2015, 10:36:28 am »

i know what you feel, but to a lesser extent. iwas 1/3 through doomforests and it corrupted.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #256 on: September 18, 2015, 11:58:32 am »

*bump*

the wagon falls over.

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • My silliness is our saving grace.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 18, 2015, 03:55:33 pm »

You have been scuttled.
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Quote from: PsychoAngel on January 19, 2016
Don't worry. I've got extremely volatile exploding fish.
My friends and I say a lot of fun things to each other.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
Re: The saga of Ginetolon, the Crewedgears (succesion) desperate for players!
« Reply #258 on: September 28, 2015, 05:21:42 pm »

Just got PM'd about this. Apparently I'm next in line? I'll take the turn, I hate to let projects die. This is my 8th consecutive week dedicated primarily to community forts tho, so the quality of the writing may suffer a bit. . There's been a lot of skips and crashes in the previous turns, from what I can read. If I'm getting this right, the last two actual canon turns were Eldin's and then mine... Can someone confirm this? I've downloaded the save from Eldin's turn and will be jumping into it later this week. I've been delaying a major update on Whisperwhip for two months and I really need to get that done before I totally forget what's going on in my own fortress. I'll be dealing with that first, and then begin my turn here after that.

PS: A good step toward attracting more players would be to clean up and format the opening post. Good intro and fort descriptions go a long way in recruiting overseers. Right now it seems like we are still running with the tagline of ''hey im starting a fort'' even thought we are currently on turn 10 or so.

Edit: Went ahead and booted the save to check how things changed. Not much, turns out, since about one turn happened after I last check out. Started queuing up a few things, tok a good look at the current workshop orders, and then put everyone on continuing the suspended bedroom project. Two months went by while I was doing some music practice with an eye on my monitor. The fps is dumb, but went up three points after some quality-of-life improvements to the fortress. Nothing is really happening, I'll be running this in the background and posting a write-up in a few days.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 12:25:30 am by Taupe »

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #259 on: September 29, 2015, 02:30:30 am »

I'll fix the first post about 16:00

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 03, 2015, 10:17:59 pm »

So, I've been running this thing on and off during the last couple days. I'm grossly ten months in, and if things go swimmingly I'll be uploading the save on time, Monday night, with some sort of turn description in the process.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #261 on: October 04, 2015, 02:38:56 am »

wonderfull!

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 05, 2015, 10:51:46 pm »

Emily,

While I'm away on my new mission, I want you to browse through the various correspondences with our youngest recruit from Crewedgears. The lad is still a teenager, but his background has made him sympathetic with our department, and he should make safer overseer than any of the potential terrorists living there. The situation in our colony is once again cryptic, with the local ruler stepping down after a second mandate, and various other individuals grasping for the position then immediately going silent. I've pulled a few strings, and local noble Eldin00 should be choosing our recruit as next overseer.

R.

PS: Remember to schedule my vacation for next granite when I get back from this assignment.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Name: Taupe Dipsilver
Custom title: survivor
Date of recruitment: 133-12-25
Activation date: 134-12-02
Current status: Acting overseer of Crewedgears

Background:
     Taupe Dipsilver is weak, but durable, a result of his prolonged trial and partial starvation at the hands of ex-Overseer and suspected terrorist leader TheCheeseMaker. Taupe was one of the three surviving children to escape
the children purge of Crewedgears. His past grudge with suspected criminals on site made him a prime candidate for our ministry.

Psychological evaluation:
     Young Taupe Dipsilver shows sign of good intuition and memory. his empathy has been decreased due to aforementioned physical and psychological torture. Seeing all your childhood friends die will do that. The ministry believe he has the qualities required to make a good overseer,  and take clear-headed decisions in a timely fashion, which should make for great crisis management. His lack of empathy is concerning, but could be easily fixed with satisfying ministry training. The required paperwork and books were issued to the recruit as of this report's publication.

''Dear minister,

The following are decoded letters and reports from our newest agent at Crewedgears. With Roosevelt's identity compromised, using a sleeping agent elevated from the local population seemed like the soundest choice to continue the improvement campain of this troubled metropolis.

Emily.''

Granite
Hi there ministry person sir!

My name's Taupe, and as you predicted, I've been chosen as the newest overseer. Eldin00 is stepping down after a busy year of dealing with flooding and forgotten beasts and all those things! I received a few books from you and I've read most of them. I'll do my best, I promise! I'll also be looking out for criminals, altho I don't know what they look like.

Except TheCheeseMaker he's definitely a bad dude.

Slate
Duke Eldin00 told me that during his term, he began working on his dream: A giant tower atop the fortress, hosting wonderful bedrooms. The book say that Happy dwarves are safe dwarves so I decided to continue his project. That way criminals will think I'm just following orders from the nobility, ah! We had ten thousand rocks around, yet the miners were busy getting more. I get that they want to make a uniform project with a single kind of stone, but I decided it's simpler to use that hollowed-out mountain we already have. All further mining in this area have been put on hold. Masons have been conscripted, and are producing stone blocks on repeat.

People are complaining about FPs, so I found a way to deal with it. Slaughtering many animals could help, and prevent people from going hungry! Oh god memories why is everything sent to die the animals are happy to help, they know they taste good and will make us happier this way.

Felsite
Scary monsters appear, but they told me it can't reach the fortress. Walls make us safe and happy! never open the caverns again. Duke Eldin00 still comissioned our best artist to create a coffin, just to be sure.

To reassure people, I've moved nice furniture to the last row of rooms comissioned by the friendly minister man. Now everyone has a bed, except the children. But that's fine because I've been told children are the worse and just deserve to die I'll have them live in the tower they'll be so amazed by my project.

To honor all my horribly discarded friends our fallen, I mined around the graveyard and put some nice stone blocks there. People are busy producing blocks of all kind, and I'm going to put people on different jobs while waiting for a specific type of block to pile up.

Hematite
Messthos' location has been found! Someone dug a tunnel and locked him in there, sealing his body by building a road over the entrance. this reeks of foul play. his body is being retrieved and buried as I write. The sand corridor in the middle of the fort is being filled with block flooring, and renamed the ''Messthos commemorative Corridor''. People threw a party.

Didn't help a guy who started the year depressed. he fell into melancholy and died recently. nothing I could do. dodok the carpenter is constantly throwing tantrums. Good news, a baby was born! I told the mother she could take care of him instead of dropping it in a pit with all the other babies This fortress is filled with joy!

Galena
The renovation projects continue. This room is outfitted with kaolinite blocks, while the soap-making facility is being renovated with diorite walls and cherry floorboards, at the request of local resident Psychoangel.

Sandstone
Uh oh, a roc came in recently! A creature so large it almost dwarfs the tower projects. It came in so fast that nobody could save the poor citizen Cog, but makrsdwarf Nil held the beast at bay long enough to gather the nearby militia and slay the creature.

Also on the day right after, a werelizard pounced across the bridge, and attacked a group of residents. One got flipped into the river several levels below, while the rest were eviscerated on the spot. Oh god why is this happening all over again.

Five people were killed in total, but none of the survivors were infected!

Timber
It seems a lot of people are depressed from what happened two weeks ago. Some of them are sinking into depression. Of course when grown ups are affected by the savage deaths of people around them, it's okay to pay attention. I began renovating the workshop area, replacing buckets of dust and mud and saplings with actual stone.

Opal
Improvements are progressing! The fortress now looks a wee bit less depressing! Some engravers are hard at work in the lower levels too! to speed up the creation of our ton of golden furniture, I've commissioned 4 new magma forges, and some new metal bar stockpiles, along with a hundred bins to store them.

Obsidian
Well, there we go! the roof of the tower building is not complete yet, because the glassmakers are super-lazy. the rest of the structure is sound and complete. The lower level is mostly furnished and ready to welcome residents. the second level is being outfitted as I write this. I should have time to send a few fresh cabinets and tables to the third level before my rule as overseer is over.

I'm sorry i couldn't locate any criminals so far, I've been so busy with giving orders and making people not go too insane.

Bye bye!

Save is here: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11190
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 10:55:07 pm by Taupe »

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #263 on: October 06, 2015, 11:00:58 am »

I will now attempt to fix this mess. Again.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #264 on: November 17, 2015, 03:16:39 pm »

might run it as a community fortress till people show up.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 17, 2015, 06:43:09 pm »

I have time to look at the last save tonight. 

I survived Bonepillar's 8 FPS.

And of all the times I played, I've not played with candy.  :D

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #266 on: November 18, 2015, 11:21:34 am »

I have time to look at the last save tonight. 

I survived Bonepillar's 8 FPS.

And of all the times I played, I've not played with candy.  :D

just waiut 2hrs, ill get you the current save. i was playing some

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 18, 2015, 12:59:22 pm »

Cool, I'm free this weekend. 

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #268 on: November 20, 2015, 07:05:21 pm »

save up saturday morning. for sake of texture packs, please use the starter pack with phoebus.

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
  • More than just an average drunken axe-crazy nutjob
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 20, 2015, 08:02:53 pm »

Wait, why are you complaining about the inactivity, Gwolfski? The fort went inactive during your turn.
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Stuff I was/am involved with:
The Succession Tower, ConstructIvory
Bonepillar                    Thunderdoom
Parallel Fortresses
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20