Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Those of you interested in US Politics, check this out.  (Read 4303 times)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Those of you interested in US Politics, check this out.
« on: November 14, 2007, 09:13:00 pm »

I try to keep my politics separate from my gaming, but I am watching this right now and I don't think most people know it exists.  It's an online, live townhall meeting regarding the Constitution, run by Dennis Kucinich's campaign.  Usually Kucinich will be the one in front of the camera, but this time he is in D.C. voting against the war yet again, so his campaign manager is handling the questions instead.  Have a look - they want everyone to watch, even those people who disagree with Kucinich's campaign.
http://www.kucinichtv.com/

It's worth watching if you have the time.  It's running right now, I assume it'll run for an hour or so.  They say they'll provide the video later for download as well.

Gulfd'An

Re: Those of you interested in US Politics, check this out.
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 09:33:00 pm »

this is only relavant if you are a citizen of the U.S.A. right?

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 09:37:00 pm »

The results of this election will be relevant to much of the world, though these particular discussions concern the immediate rights of U.S. Citizens.  Still, if you are interested in the situation in this country and what's going on, everyone is more than welcome to take a look and send in some questions.

Unfortunately this appears to have been a "short introductory" meeting, so it's over already.  But the dates and times of the next ones are posted on the site, and the videos should be made available soon.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 12:26:00 pm »

YAY! Politics! Seems that the only thing we Americans can agree on is that the right guy (or woman) does not stand a chance to win. But hey, if Kucinich wants to impeach bush, he has my vote. That Texan is a menace!
Aaaa!
*gets taken away by the FBI for "intensive questioning"*
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Gulfd'An

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 04:30:00 pm »

it will afect the world in what way? (mainly canada and other than who gets nuked?)

Turgid Bolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Tacticus Grandmaster
    • View Profile
    • http://...
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 05:03:00 pm »

That site looks very interesting indeed. I'll watch the next broadcasts.

Gulfd'An, the United States is a major economic power (though that power seems to be slipping a little) and generally its government tends to meddle in other countries' affairs, as the "world leader". Many people, in the US and elsewhere, will be very happy to see Bush out of office, but more importantly will be interested to see what they can expect from the next President and their cabinet. The next election will affect many nations in various ways, especially those who have economic and military relations with the US, and all those countries who have a large US military presence in or near them (or the threat of a US invasion).

Kucinich made the site for people who live in the US, but the issues raised there may interest others, too. No harm in taking a look and seeing if it's relevant to you.

"This is an engraving of a Dwarf and a Mandrill Leather Skirt. The Dwarf is raising the skirt."
Multiplayer Adventure Mode, the (now defunct) DF roleplaying game.

Gulfd'An

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2007, 05:19:00 pm »

i understand that fully and i really would care if bush was gone... i mean i can't make jokes about assassination via pretzels any more XD really his father (the previous president) almost died choking on his couch watching a football game  because he swallowed a pretzel whole its funny most Canadians know way more about America’s government than any 20 given Americans know about Canada’s

Reign on your Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2007, 07:05:00 pm »

Canada has a government? You learn something new everyday.
ou''re just as free to state your opinion as I am free to completely disregard it.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2007, 09:24:00 pm »

For those of you interested, there is another broadcast tonight after the debate in Las Vegas.  It will be 35 minutes from now, at 10:00 PM EST.  I know I'll be watching.

Grue

• Bay Watcher
  • Fucked Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2007, 10:14:00 am »

>it will afect the world in what way?

If they'll vote on someone who pulls the American troops out of Iraq, the civil war will start there, and move to the neighboring countries, and basically the whole Middle East will be destabilised, costing thousands of lives. Mark my words. Thankfully Democratic candidates are quite weak this time around.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2007, 12:40:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Grue:
<STRONG>>it will afect the world in what way?

If they'll vote on someone who pulls the American troops out of Iraq, the civil war will start there, and move to the neighboring countries, and basically the whole Middle East will be destabilised, costing thousands of lives. Mark my words. Thankfully Democratic candidates are quite weak this time around.</STRONG>

Uh... there already is a civil war there.
The entire middle east has been one big civil war for about the last 20,000 years.
Besides, shouldn't the US govt. be more concerned about US citizens?

A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Reign on your Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2007, 03:03:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Grue:
<STRONG>>it will afect the world in what way?

If they'll vote on someone who pulls the American troops out of Iraq, the civil war will start there, and move to the neighboring countries, and basically the whole Middle East will be destabilised, costing thousands of lives. Mark my words. Thankfully Democratic candidates are quite weak this time around.</STRONG>

The likely action is actually merely that countries will try to get resources to their respective sides in Iraq. What we need to do is just quit trying to police Iraq, let the civil war go on so the country eventually stabalizes, keep other countries from helping their side out, and in the future stay the $&@# out of stable societies.

ou''re just as free to state your opinion as I am free to completely disregard it.