Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Flip Side: Detective vs Psychopath  (Read 2212 times)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Flip Side: Detective vs Psychopath
« on: February 25, 2015, 10:51:58 am »

Welcome to Flip Side. The premise of the game is that a detective has to catch or kill a psychopath who is loose in the city. The detective will post on the main thread while the psychopath will PM me his actions. I will do the same to both. This is not a game of large guns and bottomless clips but rather one of cunning and stealth. Nor is it a game where the killer can only try to survive as long as he can. If the detective is killed or fired because of his incompetence, the psychopath wins. Along the way, the killer can choose to take risks and commit crimes/murder to increase his score when he wins. The detective's score, however, is only affected by how quickly he can catch the psychopath, and gains a bonus if he arrests him instead of killing him.

Note: I will be using a 2d6 for most rolls. Not being proficient in a skill gives -1. Being specialized gives +1)

Character sheet
Name:
Role:
Description:
Equipment:
Skills (2 Proficient, and 1 specialized):
Virtue (no bonus to skills):
Weakness(not a skill penalty):
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 07:41:09 pm by Tomasque »
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
Re: Flip Side: Detective vs Psychopath
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 04:31:52 pm »

Name: Alex Raman
Role: psychopath.
Description: He is a man of average size and build. His brown hair neatly covers his scalp. His eyes are a light brown. With his dark skin, he seems average.
Equipment: hunting knife, clothes
Skills (2 Proficient, and 1 specialized): strength and speed proficient, stealth special.
Virtue (no bonus to skills):Underground connections.
Weakness(not a skill penalty): kryptonite and magic bloodlust (Unless there's an obvious danger, can't just kill. Take a turn to maim the body.)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 06:00:37 pm by Yourmaster »
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 08:06:18 pm »

Ill have speed be sprinting, but strength is too general. Could you please choose another skill? Also, how is your bloodlust magical, or is it indistinguishable from normal bloodlust?

PS This round will take place in a modern urban setting (think Gotham).
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 09:31:21 pm »

Can I change strength to knives? Also, the joke was those are the two weaknesses of Superman. It's not magic at all. Wonder if a detective will come.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 10:25:28 pm »

Okay. I hope one will come, too.
Money!

blazing glory

Re: Flip Side: Detective vs Psychopath (Detective needed!)
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 12:15:00 am »

Eh, why not?

Character sheet
Name:Starn Gundar.
Role:Detective.
Description:Has the look of someone going through rough times, of average build, mid 30s, hazel eyes.
Equipment:Handcuffs, print dusting kit, clothes, detective's badge, handgun and a box of bullets.
Skills (2 Proficient, and 1 specialized):Proficient forensics, proficient intimidation, specialized  wariness.
Virtue (no bonus to skills):Trustworthy partner:A competent NPC companion, or another player if you want.
Weakness(not a skill penalty):Stained by faliure:Police department skeptical of his conclusions.

I'll do the description later as I'm busy, but you can review the sheet for now.

Done.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 02:19:28 am by blazing glory »

Legitimate Edgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 12:22:57 am »

PTW

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2015, 11:18:45 am »

Detective:
 You're sitting in your office reading Sherlock Holmes, when you suddenly look up from your book. You don't know why but you feel uneasy. Experience has taught you that these kinds of feelings shouldn't be ignored. Outside the window you only see the darkness, but you're sure that something out there threatens the city itself.
Money!

blazing glory

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2015, 05:51:38 pm »

Take my stuff from my desk and go outside the office.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2015, 08:21:30 pm »

Detective:

You quickly pack your bag and hitch it over your shoulder. You are about to leave when you remember your partner, sleeping soundly at the desk. You quietly shut the door and go outside. No sooner have you taken a few steps that a distressed woman runs towards you and nearly collapses at your feet. "Officer!" she gasps, "a man. H-he killed someone!" You wonder how she knew your occupation, then you realize you are wearing your badge. She points shakily behind her. "Over there." She collapses.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 08:53:07 pm by Tomasque »
Money!

blazing glory

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2015, 11:05:08 pm »

"How recently?"

Quickly move to where she's pointing.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2015, 10:36:35 am »

[7] You shake her frantically, but she doesn't respond. You break out into a run down the street. [5] As you dash by an alley, you see a body splayed inside. You look around, but the killer is nowhere to be found.
Money!

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2015, 10:42:13 am »

Cue Dramatic Music!

blazing glory

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2015, 06:38:24 pm »

Examine the body, how was he killed? Does he have any means of identification?

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2015, 07:53:42 pm »

[3] You examine the body carefully, but you cant identify the type of wounds inflicted on the victim. You check for identifying features, but in your meddling with the body, you smeared it entirely in blood!
Money!
Pages: [1] 2 3