Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

Naming your civs

(1/2) > >>

DizzyCrash:
Ok so Iv been regenerating, and regenerating and regenerating worlds over and over just trying to get a world that is just right, to find almost every time I get a civ called maybe the kingdom of flesh or the kingdom of farting, something that just... sucks ya know? and when your only civ of a specific race is named something so uncool it can ruin that world gen, for me at least... I find it would remove alot of the busy work from my job if I could just name the civ by tinkering with the word and language files, is there a way to do this? I managed to tinker with them in order to have all human civs called kingdoms or empires and so i know its possible to change the words associated with specific entities, but I think i need some advice on going about naming them specifically.

anyone know how to do this? I noticed symbles that get culled and favored but i am not sure how to go about editing all these things.

Knight Otu:
The main token that is important here is this one:

[SELECT_SYMBOL:CIV:NAME_ENTITY_KINGDOM]

It is responsible for civilizations to be called kingdoms and such. SELECT_SYMBOL has a companion, SUBSELECT_SYMBOL that causes the other part of the name to be drawn from the given symbol. So if you were to add

[SUBSELECT_SYMBOL:CIV:MYTHIC]

to the human civ, you should get Empires of Dragons, Kingdoms of Angels, and so on. This works for any symbol, so if you want empires with fire-themed names, you'd use

[SUBSELECT_SYMBOL:CIV:FIRE]

and so on.

DizzyCrash:

--- Quote from: Knight Otu on February 25, 2015, 02:48:29 pm ---The main token that is important here is this one:

[SELECT_SYMBOL:CIV:NAME_ENTITY_KINGDOM]

It is responsible for civilizations to be called kingdoms and such. SELECT_SYMBOL has a companion, SUBSELECT_SYMBOL that causes the other part of the name to be drawn from the given symbol. So if you were to add

[SUBSELECT_SYMBOL:CIV:MYTHIC]

to the human civ, you should get Empires of Dragons, Kingdoms of Angels, and so on. This works for any symbol, so if you want empires with fire-themed names, you'd use

[SUBSELECT_SYMBOL:CIV:FIRE]

and so on.

--- End quote ---

I cant find subselect:civ, I just see subselect: without the civ, and its all like subselect:war and such.

scamtank:
That's because only the human entity uses it by default. The rest just go with everything in the book minus the [CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:xyz] stuff.

Boltgun:
You can look into the language_SYMBOL file to see which group your bad words are.

However there will always be a littel entropy as the game sometimes pick a random word for giggles.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version