Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What Was Your Longest Journey?  (Read 1638 times)

Augster999

• Bay Watcher
  • You have discovered an eerie post.
    • View Profile
What Was Your Longest Journey?
« on: March 07, 2015, 06:29:52 pm »

I have played this game for a long time, yet I've never been on any major quest in adventure mode. Partly because of my bad luck when it comes to generating worlds with interesting people/enemies, but most of it has been my inability to reach them! They tend to be so far away, far from any other site near me. My question is:
What was the longest/most interesting journey you have been on while trying to get somewhere?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: What Was Your Longest Journey?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 06:48:02 pm »

Had to hike all the way across a medium world and back to reach a titan. I was a vampire and didn't drink any blood the whole time. I got so bloodthirsty that I got my foot ripped off by an alligator, which I then strangled and drained of blood. I made him into an alligator bone crutch. Stupid alligator.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 06:58:04 pm »

Mine was in Masterwork quite a while ago, I think before warlocks were added. I looked up in the search bar and found the post I originally made about it, so I'll just paste that here and revise it a bit.

"I chose to be an uruk ronin swordsorc and starting doing quests. Eventually I was trying to find some bandit leader in some catacombs and after killing five other bandit leaders and getting lost multiple times I decided to make sure my quest was what I thought it was. However when I asked about a quest I was instead directed to go somewhere and talk to someone who would give me a quest that sounded really important. I got to the castle and there was only one person in the keep who of course was the guy (his position was lord) I needed to talk to.

Now I was really excited when I went through the dialogue so I wrote it down, here's what the guy said "You have done a great many wondrous deeds." "The quest I will now give you will see your name forever in the stars or lost in the dust as the ages roll." "I am speaking for The Mellow Nation." "An evil lurks within." "Sleevedfortunes is a day's travel to the north." "Seek this place and confront Pufe Brewglide the Windy Crown of Razors the giantess." "None of us are brave enough to level an accusation against the beast, but since you would help us that is what I ask of you." "It would honor me greatly if you would bring some of my soldiers along with you.". So I get all the soldiers in that castle to join me and I travel to the castle with the giantess in it and when I get there I recruit even more people getting 17 people following me which was quite surprising as I've never had more than 4 before this adventurer. I attempt to get everybody into the very inconvenient room that the giantess queen is in, but I only managed to get 11 into the room since it was a very bad location. Then I start talking to the giant and try every dialogue option except for accuse of being a night creature since I expected that would be the choice that starts the fight and I wanted to see what she had to say. Strangely when I chose service she told me to go talk to the guy who told me to kill her in the same way that the random guard did earlier. Anyway I try the accuse of being a night creature option, and she denies it the same way anybody does. So now I'm quite confused. I had expected this possibility, but was quite scared of the idea of just attacking her so I saved the game and made a copy of the save. I load the game again and attack the giant. I am immediately given 12 death threats and find that my attack was deflected by the giant's clothes, and am then attacked a lot. At that point I knew that even if I did kill the giant there would be no point to it so I gave in to starvation."
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 01:21:00 am »

Is this longest as in distance, or as in time? Either way, one adventure fits both.

In version 34.11, I would travel around trying to find caves, and then descend the caverns until I found a special underground structure. Usually most didn't make it very deep into the caverns, let alone actually find what I was looking for.

One adventurer managed to go down into the caverns, explore a structure, and then return to the surface a total of three times. I had lived so long that my clothes were rotting away as I wore them. Though it was only a few months in-game time.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 03:48:09 am »

Mr. McLegendary, Urist Legendslayer The Godly Clutter-God of Gods (omnomomom) and Mrs. McLegendary, Romlam Legendslayer The Dutiful Poetry have been adventuring since year 66 in game for him, late year 67 for her, long enough ago that she refers to weird glitches in the past like this:

(unretired her after having bound her with rumrusher's invoke.lua while she had previously bound him the same way, which I think caused her to have a second copy of herself like the weird glitch that popped up briefly shortly after 40.01 came out I think?)

Getting close to year 69, trying to get them to year 70.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2015, 03:58:07 am »

Mine was dreamfall

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2015, 04:15:27 am »

Third link in my sig. I still adventure with him on occasion, and though it isn't a journey somewhere, I am techinally journeying to new places to kill things since I think I've killed all the megabeasts on my current continent now.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2015, 06:05:24 am »

Its currently going on now, hes been in and out of my fort leveling up, mining and training in the army, then leaving to slay beasts for meat and incoming armys that have any problem with my treatment of the disgraceful trees.
Its a fun way to play both modes, relying on eachother.
More incentive to survive if my fort relys on an adventurer for trading and imports because I attack all the caravans.
A few times my fort has failed because of the adventurer dying and not decimating the incoming army.
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.