Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Killing my Zombies?  (Read 1075 times)

Zombiecow99

• Bay Watcher
  • ENEMIES! We Need Enemies
    • View Profile
Killing my Zombies?
« on: February 26, 2015, 02:29:53 pm »

Does anyone know an easy way to kill the zombies i raised as a necromancer? I want to do some quests. keep in mind i have leather armor am only an expert axeman and there are 100+ of them. And I have one ettin and one cyclops

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Killing my Zombies?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 03:31:15 pm »

Pretty sure you can tell them to wait somewhere, they won't respond or anything, and they will start to follow you, but they stop and turn back after you get far enough away.

I've done this to station reanimated megabeasts and such in their lairs around the world before.

Oh, and if you retire at a location far from your home I'm pretty sure you'll unretire back in your local area while your army will still be waiting back at the place you retired in. I use this as a vampire to feed while the kids I rescued wait in a town somewhere.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 03:32:59 pm by Max™ »

Trigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 02:00:33 am »

Well given that you're a necromancer your zombies should never attack you, if they do I'm pretty sure that's a bug. Hell in older versions I'd use my own revived training dummy endlessly since I could resurrect it over and over and it would never attack me. That was also before pulping and cleaving though so it might not be as effective now since you'll eventually turn just about anything into a fine mush.

mardouille

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 10:07:42 am »

The easy way would be to encase then in ice

Find a waterfall, let them be pushed down just before the river freezes, and they will all be gone.

I think it's the easiest way to do it.

That or make a fort to make an encasing obsidian trap which is a pain to do.

mardouille

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 10:15:47 am »

Just got another idea,

Embark with a lot of wood or cheap stone,

Make tons of block and build a high tower.
You basically just want for walls and a retracting bridge and lever on top of it.

Abandon the fortress and travel there with your minions, scale the tower and press the switch and watch them pummel to their death. I think I'm going to do that just for fun.

You could always get a bridge over the magma sea but that's less fun

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 10:35:56 am »

A method i used to get rid of my legion of undead was to bind a demon lord from a goblin site to my service, the undead would automatically attack him.

And demon lords can be insanely though machine of total destructions.

The only problem is of course spoilered.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 07:33:44 pm »

Random Fact of the Day: Demons, angels, and other randomly generated creatures move as fast when on the ground as when they are standing.