Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 29

Author Topic: Dragonball Z Xenoverse. DBZXV-XYZPDQLMNOP. Bay12 Force, Assemble! *pose*  (Read 55304 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dragonball Z Xenoverse. DBZXV-XYZPDQLMNOP. Bay12 Force, Assemble! *pose*
« Reply #150 on: March 30, 2015, 05:15:15 pm »

« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 08:01:27 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 30, 2015, 10:12:53 pm »

I've been thinking of grabbing this game.  Game any good and how is the stability?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 30, 2015, 11:58:09 pm »

Is the game good? Well that depends on what you're looking for. It's not a traditional fighting game like the Budokai series. It's more like Raging Blast, with full 3D movement and some MMO systems thrown in. If you don't like that, steer clear. Plays pretty good, plot's kinda cool for how it messes around with the DBZ timeline but nothing special, controller not required but definitely recommended.

Stability was a hell of a lot worse at first, when they didn't have enough servers and you had to disconnect from the Internet to play at all. Since then they've added more servers and I haven't encountered any more issues.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 31, 2015, 12:32:48 am »

^ what he said.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 31, 2015, 01:06:09 am »

« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 03:31:08 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 31, 2015, 01:14:28 am »

Now I feel kinda sad because I just realized that I can never make DF as flashy as these kinds of games no matter how hard I try.

Oh well.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 31, 2015, 09:22:26 am »

How good is this Z-soul?

I assume that means your health will have to be blinking red for it to activate?

I am unable to find the last dragon ball again (60 attempts in PQ2 and 12, all double material), and also unable to trigger the Gogeta's revival in Ultimate Power, Ultimate Saiyan. The score sheet said I cleared under 3 minutes, and people said the requirement is 5 minutes.

These two problems are getting in the way between me and Omega Shenron. :'(

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 31, 2015, 10:15:56 am »

The ultimate finish is a bitch. If you complete the requirements, you're still dependent on the RNG being in your favour. It can be really frustrating though

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 31, 2015, 12:23:39 pm »

Meh. Relative to other DBZ games, and AS a DBZ game, I recommend it really highly. It's basically the happiest thing that's happened in my life in... months. On the other hand, if you're looking for a solid fighting game relative to the standard set by Soul Calibur and Tekken and even dumb old shit like Rival Schools, I'd say give it a pass. It's not about being precise or memorizing combos... it's a different sort of game. The game feels really good, but the fights are designed more to build flashy excitement than with anything approaching how you'd construct a normal fighting game--even more so than the later entries in the Budoukai series.

I've heard it commented that the game makes more sense if you think of it along the lines of an Action RPG than as a Fighting game.  Based on what I've seen of it, that does seem to make sense, at least.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 31, 2015, 12:35:59 pm »

« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 03:30:17 pm by Vector »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 31, 2015, 01:09:45 pm »

I wouldn't compare it to Dynasty Warriors, really. It lacks the requisite army of NPCs that only exist to give the player a better score. But it is certainly more of an Action-RPG than it is a fighting game.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 01, 2015, 09:28:56 pm »

Bought the PC edition of the game, and, after dropping the settings lower, I got it to around 30 FPS (I think) during battles.  I think it took me at least 10 attempts to beat the first parallel quest Raditz gives you, and even then, by only a sliver of health and a lot of luck.  The gohan portion of that one didn't even show up, as well.  This is gonna be a long game...

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 02, 2015, 07:31:19 am »

Bought the PC edition of the game, and, after dropping the settings lower, I got it to around 30 FPS (I think) during battles.  I think it took me at least 10 attempts to beat the first parallel quest Raditz gives you, and even then, by only a sliver of health and a lot of luck.  The gohan portion of that one didn't even show up, as well.  This is gonna be a long game...

Your custom character is extremely weak at low levels. Just go to offline vs and compare your stats to others. Even kid Gohan has better stats than you by a huge margin.

Early PQs are best done with other available characters, until you find some good skills.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 02, 2015, 07:36:01 am »

Yeah the great thing about PQs is you can do the earlier ones with stronger canon characters instead of your underleveled FW and the xp will transfer to said whelp.

Just don't expect to go unlocking things from the harder ones with the canon characters. They are MUCH weaker then the FW will end up, and are very much crutch characters.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 02, 2015, 08:05:17 am »

Alternatively, put everything you have into Ki Blast Supers and unleash the storm of sure-fire death.
._.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 29