Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

Under ground trade routes

<< < (2/3) > >>

AceSV:

--- Quote from: vjmdhzgr on March 05, 2015, 02:12:37 am ---
--- Quote from: AceSV on March 04, 2015, 08:58:46 pm ---If you're in Fortress Mode, you can build your Trade Depot in a cavern and (dwarf) merchants will enter through the caverns instead of overland.

--- End quote ---
Really? Is that actually true? Have you done it? I so want to do this now I was told that that wouldn't happen, but if it can then that's fantastic.

--- End quote ---

Yes, I have definitely seen dwarves appear from underground to use the trade depot, and I have definitely seen elves having to climb down 100 stairs to use it.  Note that it may be hard to find a spot with wagon access underground because of all the tight spaces. 

Max™:
Hmmm, now I'm curious if you could get a reclaim fort with a tunnel present, seal off the surface access, and still get trading done through the tunnel.

vjmdhzgr:

--- Quote from: Max™ on March 08, 2015, 08:31:21 am ---Hmmm, now I'm curious if you could get a reclaim fort with a tunnel present, seal off the surface access, and still get trading done through the tunnel.

--- End quote ---
From the two times I've tried reclaiming world generation fortresses they didn't have any tunnels, which is likely indicative that the tunnels get removed because every world generation fortress I've adventured to has had tunnels. It's worth trying a few more times though.

Max™:
Just grabbed this one and reclaimed > reveal > grabbed this before even unpausing.

Not only a tunnel but one with intact connections to other forts in the area, I knew where it was from using the tunnels before, but I've reclaimed several with intact tunnels now since I tend to use quick reclaim -> force moods for artifacts -> switch to adventurer mode and play with the toys when I'm in the mood for it, and it's faster than digging out a fort by hand generally, plus there will usually be easy access to magma and occasionally candy.

AceSV:

--- Quote from: AceSV on March 08, 2015, 07:42:42 am ---
--- Quote from: vjmdhzgr on March 05, 2015, 02:12:37 am ---
--- Quote from: AceSV on March 04, 2015, 08:58:46 pm ---If you're in Fortress Mode, you can build your Trade Depot in a cavern and (dwarf) merchants will enter through the caverns instead of overland.

--- End quote ---
Really? Is that actually true? Have you done it? I so want to do this now I was told that that wouldn't happen, but if it can then that's fantastic.

--- End quote ---

Yes, I have definitely seen dwarves appear from underground to use the trade depot, and I have definitely seen elves having to climb down 100 stairs to use it.  Note that it may be hard to find a spot with wagon access underground because of all the tight spaces.

--- End quote ---

I decided to try that again to double check.  I was using a custom race that is mostly copied from dwarves (Lagomers), and they did not approach the fortress from underground.  There were no Lagomer settlements nearby, so that might have something to do with it.  So there might be more to this. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version