Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24

Author Topic: Adrenia [Medieval Hiatus]  (Read 16900 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Adrenia [Medieval Hiatus]
« on: February 28, 2015, 02:13:32 pm »

Since the beginning of time, wars have been fought over the rightful rule of the underground kingdom of Adrenia. It all began centuries ago, when the first humans entered the cave through a hole in the roof, into the water. Ever since, they have bred, grown, and shaped empires. The first battle ever recorded was a debate over a mine rich in copper along the border of the Astorian Kingdom and the Eldarian kingdom. Eldaria won the battle, but one thing quickly led to another, and soon Eldaria and Astoria were in all out war. While the Beronian empire tried to stop the war, the Meronian empire fuled the flames, and sold weapons at high prices to the opposing sides. The war ended a century later with a peace treaty. However, by that time, the Beronians and the Meronians were at war over another disagreement. In the end, the empires finally agreed that in order to settle their disputes, they needed one true leader. That was where the agreements stopped for a while, as all the empires fought over the right to rule. A massive keep was erected in the middle by the Beronians, who claimed that whomever ruled the keep ruled all of the kingdoms. Shortly afterwards, the Meronians overtook the right to rule, then the Eldarians, then the Beronians again. Only a few short years ago, the Beronian king, whom had encouraged peace, reduced taxes massively, and pushed the kingdoms into a golden age, was assassinated by a Meronian spy, who then opened the gates, and let his kingdom invade. Ever since then, the kingdom has been ruled tyrannically by the hot-headed Meronians.
And where do you all fit in?

You are Astorians. The only race to have never ruled the kingdoms. And today, Astoria is declaring war on the Meronians!

You are soldiers, youths of the tender age of twenty, give or take a few years. Some of you are Beronian refugees, while others are trueborn Astorians. Among your company there are even a few Meronians who could not bear to live with their tyrant king, and defected. You are suiting up for war.

The Armory
You stand in the Armory, being assessed by the "Captain", presumably of your new division. He asks you a few questions, but seems disinterested in your answers anyways.
((This is the character sheet))

"Name?"
"Age?"
"Empire of Origin?"
"Motive for fighting? Were you conscripted? Or did ya sign up?"
"Got anyone back home you're fighting for?"
"And now onto the important stuff. What sort of armor do you prefer? Do you like the typical chainmail of our soldiers? Or would you rather something heavier, like half-plate, or full plate armor? I suppose you could have something lighter, too, but it wouldn't stand up well to a sword."
"Alright, and what kind of weapon do you want? Have any preferences? Or shall I decide? For wee recruits like you, we can spare a sword and shield, an axe and shield, a small warhammer and shield, or some kind of ranged weapon. Oh, and we also have a few spears somewhere. I think we have some light spears, and some heavy, anti-cavalry spears."
"Alright then, all done. You'll be in the fifth unit, all of you together. Huh. Lucky buggers, seems like there's a senior mage already in that unit. You should be safe for now, unless ye get transferred. Heh. There are ten units under me, all consisting of ten soldiers. I command one-hundred men, while you can barely command yourself. Now get moving. You're moving out in the morning. I think you'll be staying in a guardhouse on the wall today. Ask around for Tafrin the mage."

((Just a note, please keep everything somewhat medieval. I do not want someone to show up and try to name their character "Poketwo" or "Scyther" or something, HINT HINT.))

Graveyard

Delekates: Got knocked out by enemy spearman, then had his head stepped on by friendly heavy infrantry. He will be missed, by Kull.

Hall of the Injured

Kull: Kull was injured in the same fight as Delekates, with several broken bones, and permanent injuries. He will likely become a commander in this stead, as he earned much honor in this battle, decimating enemy infantry and commanding fear like an axe.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 05:42:01 am by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Adrenia [Medieval Wars]
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 02:23:38 pm »

"Name?"

Kull, Ser.

"Age?"

Nine and Ten, Ser. (19)

"Empire of Origin?"

Born in Astoria, Ser.

I joined myself, Ser.

No one really, Ser. I list for the battlefield.

"And now onto the important stuff. What sort of armor do you prefer? Do you like the typical chainmail of our soldiers? Or would you rather something heavier, like half-plate, or full plate armor? I suppose you could have something lighter, too, but it wouldn't stand up well to a sword."

Half-plate, Ser.

"Alright, and what kind of weapon do you want? Have any preferences? Or shall I decide? For wee recruits like you, we can spare a sword and shield, an axe and shield, a small warhammer and shield, or some kind of ranged weapon."

I'll take a Sword and an Axe, Ser.

"Alright then, all done. You'll be in the fifth unit, all of you together. Huh. Lucky buggers, seems like there's a senior mage already in that unit. You should be safe for now, unless ye get transferred. Heh. There are ten units under me, all consisting of ten soldiers. I command one-hundred men, while you can barely command yourself. Now get moving. You're moving out in the morning. I think you'll be staying in a guardhouse on the wall today. Ask around for Tafrin the mage."

Yes, Ser.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 02:33:53 pm »

Name: Robb McLaren
Empire of origin: Eldaria
Motive: Just wants to have an adventurous life. Also I signed up
Armor: Chain
Weapon: Bow and a sword
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 02:35:53 pm by Generally me »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 02:45:02 pm »

The Captain furrows his brow. "Both of you want TWO weapons each? No. These weapons are, fortunately, worth more than you. Maybe if you prove you can handle them on the battlefield, we'll give you better weapons, or multiple weapons, but at the moment you are, unfortunately, cannonfodder!"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 02:48:13 pm »

Just a bow then for me ser

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 02:48:44 pm »

The Captain furrows his brow. "Both of you want TWO weapons each? No. These weapons are, fortunately, worth more than you. Maybe if you prove you can handle them on the battlefield, we'll give you better weapons, or multiple weapons, but at the moment you are, unfortunately, cannonfodder!"

Ser. Then may I have an Axe and Shield, Ser?
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 03:02:18 pm »

"Yes you may. A shield is effectively a plank and a small iron bar, with a few bends and nails in it. I apologize we can't give you anything better, but we're strained for resources. We're fighting a powerful empire here." He says, without the slightest bit of apology in his tone. If anything, it's thick with sarcasm when he apologizes.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2015, 03:11:07 pm »

"Yes you may. A shield is effectively a plank and a small iron bar, with a few bends and nails in it. I apologize we can't give you anything better, but we're strained for resources. We're fighting a powerful empire here." He says, without the slightest bit of apology in his tone. If anything, it's thick with sarcasm when he apologizes.

Yes, ser. Thank you Ser.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2015, 04:04:44 pm »

The Captain Shoos you two out the door, then goes back to interviewing the applicants. You stand there awkwardly for a minute, until he returns with a bow, a quiver filled with arrows, an axe, and a shield. He proceeds to dump them on a pile, looks at both of you for a second, then shoos you out.

((You can get started exploring town and finding a place to rest while more applicants enter. Because there is just a MASSIVE tide of them at the moment.))

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2015, 04:10:35 pm »

I didn't catch your name friend. I am Kull.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2015, 04:41:10 pm »

"Name?"

Ulric.

"Age?"

Two decades.

"Empire of origin?"

Beronia. Too peaceful for my taste.

Signed for blood and pillage.

Nah. They don't count.

Lightest armor with good enough protection, if possible.

"Alright, and what kind of weapon do you want? Have any preferences? Or shall I decide? For wee recruits like you, we can spare a sword and shield, an axe and shield, a small warhammer and shield, or some kind of ranged weapon. Oh, and we also have a few spears somewhere. I think we have some light spears, and some heavy, anti-cavalry spears."

Bow and arrows - I can make some myself, given parts and time.

Ready.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2015, 04:46:20 pm »

Lightest armor with good enough protection, if possible.
"Light armor with good protection! Hah! Pick either some ogre-hide armor, which is a nice protective armor, but rather heavy, or some gazelle-hide armor, which is our lightest armor, but the most it will protect against are thorns, and they'll still tear you up."

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2015, 06:17:34 pm »

I didn't catch your name friend. I am Kull.
I'm Robb good to meet you

Look around town try to find a shop with some cheap stuff and check to see if I have any money on me

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2015, 06:18:27 pm »

"Light armor with good protection! Hah! Pick either some ogre-hide armor, which is a nice protective armor, but rather heavy, or some gazelle-hide armor, which is our lightest armor, but the most it will protect against are thorns, and they'll still tear you up."
Damn. And I was sure I could get something against those thorns. Oh well. Gazelle hide. For now.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2015, 06:23:00 pm »

Ulric

Ulric receives a Gazelle Hide armor, and also two other sets of armor which he is instructed to give to the other soldiers. He walks outside, and dumps the other two armor sets into the pile of equipment outside. He then goes back in and gets his bow, and set of arrows. He returns outside, and wonders where the second soldier went.

Robb

Robb leaves his weapons in a pile and briefly wonders where the armor he ordered went. He soon arrives at an intersection in town. He observes several signs, and deduces that nearby there is some sort of enchanting shop, a tanning shop, and some kind of general store. He checks his pockets, and instantly finds a pouch of money. He eagerly sticks his hand in the pouch, and finds... three copper coins, which could barely buy him a single seed of corn. Oh well. He knows that every week he serves in the army as a soldier of the lowest level earns him a whopping two silver. He wonders if he should go get his equipment now.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24