Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Choose your inventory in Adventure mode  (Read 1029 times)

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
Choose your inventory in Adventure mode
« on: February 28, 2015, 03:19:44 pm »

You know how in FORT MODE you can customize what you bring to your settlement? Why not the same with Adv Mode? Let's say a peasant has a small amount of points, and the demigod has a lot. They can then trade in and out certain supplies. Maybe one could get rid of all those unnecessary clothes for more food, or that shitty copper dagger and spear for a nicer weapon? It wouldn't be allowed for outsiders, and certain Civs would have different materials and items.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Choose your inventory in Adventure mode
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 03:39:29 pm »

I hope at some point lords would stop handing out weapon to anyone who waltz into their mead hall. Untill then there's no point.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 09:04:46 pm »

I hope at some point lords would stop handing out weapon to anyone who waltz into their mead hall. Untill then there's no point.
that might also give money/crafts some kind of value... assuming the shops are better
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

BeggerStager

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 09:52:06 pm »

I like this idea, however there are some customization the player has. It all depends on your skill. If you put more points into sword, then you'll most likely receive sword. If you put more points into mauling, then you'll most likely receive a maul.

But, I'd like to have more customization for the player in adventurer mode.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 02:10:06 am »

I like this idea, however there are some customization the player has. It all depends on your skill. If you put more points into sword, then you'll most likely receive sword. If you put more points into mauling, then you'll most likely receive a maul.

But, I'd like to have more customization for the player in adventurer mode.
There's a bit of a problem shown by what you said though that you strangely didn't acknowledge. There's no skill for mauls, there's a skill for hammers. That means if you want a war hammer you might get a maul, or if you want a long sword you might get a two handed sword. So this will definitely be a pretty good addition.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 11:52:57 am »

Good idea. Would certainly give a bit more needed love to the already ultra-rough/buggy adventure mode.
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2015, 09:46:18 pm »

Customized inventories sounds good to me
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις